Famitsu 3rd Preview: New villains, Weekend activties, Ashe and Lysithea

Kuki

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given his color scheme and title of "emperor" it's hard not to think of Edlegard, but maybe he's not her father, but a relative. Someone who might even believe himself to be the rightful emperor, but was ousted or denied the throne for some reason, and blames the church for meddling and causing that. And after defeating him, we might learn that at least some of his grudge it merited, that while he is kind of a not-so-good asshole, the church did interfere in a way they shouldn't have and put an even worse person on the throne.

19 minutes ago, Mad_Scientist said:

Given his color scheme and title of "emperor" it's hard not to think of Edlegard, but maybe he's not her father, but a relative. Someone who might even believe himself to be the rightful emperor, but was ousted or denied the throne for some reason, and blames the church for meddling and causing that. And after defeating him, we might learn that at least some of his grudge it merited, that while he is kind of a not-so-good asshole, the church did interfere in a way they shouldn't have and put an even worse person on the throne.

Maybe Edelgard's older brother? Twin brother? A cousin? An uncle?

Or, the female versions of all of those?

9 minutes ago, jack! said:

Oh hey is that blonde teacher the swordswoman (from 1st trailer)?

EDIT: removing spoilers, oops!

Guess I'll edit too to play along.

Yes, blondie's name is Catherine. Greenie is Setes. Jeralt's mercenary bro is Alois.

Edited by egobarrier

Niceeeeee

The flame emperor guy looks even cooler in his portrait. I kind of hope he's recruitable, I really dig the edge aesthetic. Also Ashe looks adorable, w o w.

EDIT: Brainfart ?

Edited by SageOfAnys

Just now, SageOfAnys said:

Niceeeeee

The flame emperor guy looks even cooler in his portrait. I kind of hope he's recruitable, I really dig the edge aesthetic. Also Ashe looks adorable, w o w.

As a heads up, might want to spoiler those names. They're from a leak that this thread isn't dedicated to

I mean, the names aren't spoilers anymore, they're spelled out in this image: https://www.famitsu.com/images/000/176/738/z_5ce7920eba0a3.jpg

What may or may not have been leaked about them is of course not for this thread, and I'll not be mentioning it.

I'm not sure how credible this is, but someone I saw around ran the article though Google Translate.

There seems to be an implication that the game has no major route splits, and the ending of the game will be the same regardless of which house you pick. Looks like the house you pick influences the early game for the most part, and perspectives on the story will differ depending on who you pick.

Sounds like Eliwood/Hector-style story from Blazing Blade.

3 minutes ago, egobarrier said:

I mean, the names aren't spoilers anymore, they're spelled out in this image: https://www.famitsu.com/images/000/176/738/z_5ce7920eba0a3.jpg

What may or may not have been leaked about them is of course not for this thread, and I'll not be mentioning it.

Oh yeah, guess I just had a massive brainfart right there, sorry about that >.<

Also, does anyone have an idea what the class the three lords are shown in is? I thought it was their canon second tier based on the way they presented it, but the preferred weapons are the same for all three and don't match up to Edelguard's and Claude's prefered weapons of the axe and bow.

2 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

Also, does anyone have an idea what the class the three lords are shown in is? I thought it was their canon second tier based on the way they presented it, but the preferred weapons are the same for all three and don't match up to Edelguard's and Claude's prefered weapons of the axe and bow.

It just says "Lord" for all three, and it seems that only those three can use it.

Hey @Kuki, can you update the OP with a link to the article? It'd be really helpful.

There's lots of stuff, and I can't understand most of it, but it seems that there are limited-time bonus chapters that will focus on two different characters? Neat. Also, Ashe looks to be the adopted son of one of the early villains?

Yo hold up, we have sidequests? Echoes had them to a very small degree but it seems we have actual sidequests now. Nice.

8 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I'm not sure how credible this is, but someone I saw around ran the article though Google Translate.

There seems to be an implication that the game has no major route splits, and the ending of the game will be the same regardless of which house you pick. Looks like the house you pick influences the early game for the most part, and perspectives on the story will differ depending on who you pick.

Sounds like Eliwood/Hector-style story from Blazing Blade.

I'd prefer this if it's true.

Personal skills and Crests:

Ferdinand

[Skill] Confidence: When HP is full, unit gains +15 Hit and Avo
[Crest] Minor Crest of Kihhol (?): The Minor Crest of Saint Kihhol

Bernadetta

[Skill] Paranoia: When HP is not full, unit gains +5 Damage
[Crest] Minor Crest of Indehha: The Minor Crest of Saint Indehha

Mercedes

[Skill] Live to Serve: When healing allies with White Magic, unit is healed by the same amount
[Crest] Minor Crest of Ramiin: The Minor Crest of Ramiin, one of Fodlan's Ten Heroes

Ashe

[Skill] Survival Wisdom: Unit can open locks and chests without keys

Raphael

[Skill] Scavenger: At the start of a turn, unit has Luck% chance of regaining 10% of HP

Lysithea

[Skill] Genius: Unit gains 2x skill EXP (for weapon ranks) from combat
[Crest] Minor Crest of Caron: The Minor Crest of Caron, one of Fodlan's Ten Heroes

Also the short descriptions:

Ashe: The adopted son of Lord Ronato. Studies hard every day to become like his foster father.

Lysithea: The eldest daughter of Count Cordelia's family. The youngest student, and a genius at magic.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

20 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Ashe

[Skill] Survival Wisdom: Unit can open locks and chests without keys

I stand corrected. It appears that Ashe had the habit of being a lockpicker before. He didn't need to be a thief to do so.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Personal skills and Crests:

Well... this throws a big wrench into everything we assumed about crests. It appears that if the crest was from a saint, the name will not appear on the map, which I guess technically is consistent with what we know (that only crests from the Ten Heroes have their names on the map), but Ramiin and Caron don't appear on the map at all.

I don't see anything similar to Caron on the map, but is it possible that Ramiin is Remire?

Also it's strange how Felix continues to be the only student running around with a major crest. 

Just now, SageOfAnys said:

Well... this throws a big wrench into everything we assumed about crests. It appears that if the crest was from a saint, the name will not appear on the map, which I guess technically is consistent with what we know (that only crests from the Ten Heroes have their names on the map), but Ramiin and Caron don't appear on the map at all.

I don't see anything similar to Caron on the map, but is it possible that Ramiin is Remire?

Also it's strange how Felix continues to be the only student running around with a major crest. 

Well, the Saints probably aren't Dukes, and the names on the map are Dukedoms. The Saints might be connected to the Church instead (Seiros was called Saint Seiros too).