Alastor replays and ranks all the Igavanias (Mission complete!)

Alastor15243

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hindsight being what it is, they might have looked to rushing the port. As to how far behind they might have been, compared to the other ports, we can only guess.

5 minutes ago, Dai said:

It’d be interesting, but would that be western releases only, or would that be every one that is out there, barring BSFE?

Every single one, if I can manage it. I have access to all of them except, as you said, for BSFE. And Thracia just recently got a full translation patch.

FE usually takes much longer than ~10-hour Metroidvanias, and with now sixteen titles to work through, actually 23 runs given the the two books of FE3, semi-duality of Sacred Stones, the triplicity of Fates, and the quadruplicity of Three Houses, that would be incredibly exhausting. And if you took on the highest difficulty settings, by the time you got to FE12 and its diabolical but fair Lunatic, you would be drained and going into the maws of the soul devourer.

It might take you so long to do these that Berwick Saga would its get the remaining seven fights and epilogue translated but Vestaria Saga would still be less than half finished because SRPG Maker is hell to translation. And then you might as well add Kaga's two fan-translated Sagas to your load. 25 runs total.

Try if you want, but I've warned you this might be a behemoth task.

(And I'll assume you skip Eliwood Mode, and only do one run of FE5 and FE6 each despite the route splits. Nor do a Subs FE4 run, nor an all Gaidens FE11 run.)

On patching the Switch version of Bloodstained, I'm not sure whether the many little patches or one big patch approach would in theory be better.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

4 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

Hey... suppose I were to do this sort of ranking marathon for the whole Fire Emblem series? Would anyone here be interested in that?

You... Really don't know what you're putting yourself into.

That, or we'll see you again in at least a year. :V

24 minutes ago, Rapier said:

You... Really don't know what you're putting yourself into.

That, or we'll see you again in at least a year. :V

I'm trying to work out a way to feasibly do this. A second playthrough of three Houses is obviously out of the question, as right now I'm feeling like one playthrough of that game is enough for a lifetime. 62 hours in and I'm only at chapter 15, what the hell.

Realistically, unless I let it consume my life, yes, it would take somewhere in the ballpark of 12 to 14 months. My idea at the moment is that I'd basically do at least one chapter per day, going through the games in chronological order, ironman to avoid resets and on the game's equivalent of modern hard mode if available. Then at the end of each I'd rank each of them according to how they compare to each other in various qualities.

Yes, this would be an astronomical project, but doing it for the Igavanias has made me realize that 1: I haven't even beaten every game in my favorite series, and 2: I'd love to examine the whole series through a modern, critical lens. So if there's enough interest here, I might just give it a shot!