May's Mythic Hero Appears - Naga: Dragon Divinity (May 30 ~)

Coolmanio

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I blame the large focus on Aether Raids for mythic units. Duma and Yune's kit is basically designed for the mode.

I kinda dislike the skills that are designed to work in Aether Raids and nothing else.  It really keeps you from building a character that works in general, rather than just one mode.  This is even worse, with regular Arena heavily favoring SP minmaxing, making you choose Rallies and such over skills that are actually useful.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I don't think she even had a voice in Awakening.

she had a voice in awakening and yeah I believe it is the same actress. Mela lee putting in work

7 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Why would people expect Nagi? She's barely even a character and isn't even playable if you play Shadow Dragon normally. 

It was just jokes but in my experience killing Tiki in Shadow Dragon is extremely normal.

Oh don't give me that look. She's not actually dead. Not according to Gotoh. Though I do suspect he's just trying to make Marth feel better about killing a brainwashed child. Not that Marth is torn up about it with his constant ? face

Edited by Glennstavos

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Is this how she sounded in Awakening? I don't remember since it's been forever since I last played the game.

For the few voice lines she had, her voice was by far more "echoing" if you see what I meant. Without the echo/voice effect, she sounds like a regular human.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I don't think she even had a voice in Awakening.

Nope, she did but only a few voice lines because of her brief appearance in the story and and the children dlc.

Just now, daisy jane said:

Naga: Flying Blue Dragon
Bless.

Naga. Flying Blue Dragon who needs Distant counter
For god sakes. 

You could always give her Lightning Breath.

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Naga is downright beautiful and truly majestic that is befitting a goddess. I honestly feel that even the revealing parts don't even feel sexualized. Naga is just beautiful.

Well, I'm sorry that I don't have the same opinion other than that she's pretty.

1 minute ago, Nym said:

For the few voice lines she had, her voice was by far more "echoing" if you see what I meant. Without the echo/voice effect, she sounds like a regular human.

Oh, I see then.

I find Naga's weapon effect rather funny.

Buff up whether your friends are dragons or want to kill dragons!

It's interesting that it says Naga is from Mystery of the Emblem and Awakening despite the design obviously being influenced by Awakening. Though I haven't played Mystery of the Emblem so I wouldn't know if she does make an appearance or not in that game. Also, we finally get to see what Naga looks like when transforming into a dragon.

Anyways, blue is looking amazing for me with B!Hector, L!Tiki, and Naga all on it. I could get another L!Tiki to get rid of her bane, B!Hector could get up to +5 merges and Naga could potentially help me get into Tier 21 in Aether Raids. Might dip a fair amount of orbs on this banner depending on whether or not the wording for defeat a foe with Anna changes for June's monthly quest. Also need to make sure I have a hefty amount of orbs ready for L!Alm's return in July.

Easy skip, but with Yune’s rerun next month I appreciate the chance to save orbs (well, if the bridal banner would give me something). I’ll free pull either blue or red and that’s it. 

Edited by kirauza343

I'm really glad she's a flier. I was dreading her being an infantry or something, which would make me have to lug her around and figure out tactics teams for astra in AR. This should make things more comfortable for my units.

I like her art, though too bad about her skills. She seems pretty boring, not to mention granting dragon effectiveness to allies is hardly useful in AR offense. That's much more potent for defense teams. Feels a shame to do, but maybe Lightning Breath and a flier buff may be the budget way to go for her. Not that keen on the A skill either, over just tossing on Fury or something else consistent.

10 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

she had a voice in awakening and yeah I believe it is the same actress. Mela lee putting in work

10 minutes ago, Nym said:

Nope, she did but only a few voice lines because of her brief appearance in the story and and the children dlc.

I see. I honestly completely forgot because of her very brief appearance (and i don't think she's voiced in the final chapter).

20 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

since I run tactics teams, usually, that excludes pretty much any flier from ever being used.

Why? Doesn't Tactics only call for 2 (provided a 2-2 divide) or more distinct movement types? Running a full 4 is not absolutely necessary.

19 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Why would people expect Nagi? She's barely even a character and isn't even playable if you play Shadow Dragon normally. Besides, she kind of doesn't fit the theme of god-like power since she's a lot weaker than Naga was.

Despite only debuting one game beforehand, Nagi has for me a sentimentally older feel. 

I can't quite associate Awakening Naga with herself when she turned her fangs into the Anri Falchion (which was cooler regarding Naga's creation of it before SoV) and the Binding Shield. She is the same person with all the same memories and she unseals the Falchion again, but her being reduced to a voluntarily spiritual being, reminding me of the World Tree spirit at the end of Tales of Symphonia, just disconnected her somehow.

Nagi might have barely any availability, and she lack her memories, with SD only hinting at her as a reincarnation of Naga (that crypticness was in a way appealing), although NM is clearer about this. Yet I guess being situated in Archanea and not Ylisse, being in physical flesh, not having undergone the "radical" redesign of Awakening (but who do I kid? FEs 11 & 12 don't look like FE3). Somehow all of these things, make her seem more like the Naga of ancient times? This is who I think of when I think of Naga's death at Thabes, the being who gave birth to Tiki, led dragonkind in its golden age, and crafted artifacts for humanity with her great power and wisdom as she protected them.

13 minutes ago, Nym said:

It sometimes sounded like she was saying "Feed me.". Weird, but I've interpreted worse. To be honest, Snover's Gen 4 cry in Pokemon sounded like "I need a ***" (three letter word for mammary gland excretion point), I have no idea why I thought that. I wasn't that dirty as a kid. And Starly sounded like "Painting a tape-water planet.", whatever that means.

9 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Also, we finally get to see what Naga looks like when transforming into a dragon.

Isn't that what the Book of Naga is supposed to summon in FE4? Naga's likeliness (but not physical self)?

Image from Genealogy of the Holy War

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

She would be on the color that I have the least reason to pull on. ;/

Colorless > Red > Green >> Blue

I don't have any colorless units, two of the three red units are new, I could use Lugh merges, and then there's blue.  WHY.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Despite only debuting one game beforehand, Nagi has for me a sentimentally older feel. 

I can't quite associate Awakening Naga with herself when she turned her fangs into the Anri Falchion (which was cooler regarding Naga's creation of it before SoV) and the Binding Shield. She is the same person with all the same memories and she unseals the Falchion again, but her being reduced to a voluntarily spiritual being, reminding me of the World Tree spirit at the end of Tales of Symphonia, just disconnected her somehow.

Nagi might have barely any availability, and she lack her memories, with SD only hinting at her as a reincarnation of Naga (that crypticness was in a way appealing), although NM is clearer about this. Yet I guess being situated in Archanea and not Ylisse, being in physical flesh, not having undergone the "radical" redesign of Awakening (but who do I kid? FEs 11 & 12 don't look like FE3). Somehow all of these things, make her seem more like the Naga of ancient times? This is who I think of when I think of Naga's death at Thabes, the being who gave birth to Tiki, led dragonkind in its golden age, and crafted artifacts for humanity with her great power and wisdom as she protected them.

If Nagi does ever get in the game, she will show up as likely a regular unit, due to how from my theory, Mythics are characters that you don't recruit in the original games.

What's with her supposedly being "from" Mystery of the Emblem? Is that a Book 2 thing? Because she's as much "in" Shadow Dragon as St. Elimine and Father Sky and Mother Earth are in Elibe, at least as far as I remember.

oh boy, I just hope I will not lose too many orbs. But I will pull for Naga. Happy that its her. I don't mind that its her awakening version. 

6 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Naga gets bonus when near an effective against dragon unit? So Marth is her best ally!

I mean her C skill makes all units effective against dragons. I also thought for a little time what about if I just set her close to my Deirdre. xD

Legendary Tiki might not be the best, but at worst she is a Bold Fighter fodder and Brave Hector is...Bold Fighter fodder! Welp, here I will get my Bold Fighter storage. xD

15 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

If Nagi does ever get in the game, she will show up as likely a regular unit, due to how from my theory, Mythics are characters that you don't recruit in the original games.

So far, we are good for that. Although that does really limit the Mythic pool unless they go back to OCs (probably not the next though, OC Light again would be redundant with Eir) or start going about and practically inventing characters who had none in the lore.

Medeus, Formortiis!Lyon, Dheginsea, Mila, Anankos (at his mental prime?), Bramimond, Ashera, uhhhh Altina has a few voiced lines in a flashback, Elimine has maybe four lines from a Mario Kart: Double Dash bonus demo CD, and oh yeah Michioth the God of Schools (to make up a fake 3H stand-in). We don't have too many options to go on using this criterion. They went and gave up Idunn, and I know Jahn has zilch in popularity (although I guess they can alt her with her soul restored so she'd be a Divine Dragon again).

I'd like Medeus though, and Dheg, and Brammy, so I'm in possible luck. I'd be fine with Anri or Iote too.

7 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

What's with her supposedly being "from" Mystery of the Emblem? Is that a Book 2 thing?

She only appears, wrongly depicted as a man with a sword and shield, in the game's opening tapestry sequence (which is the most common FE3 translation has utterly garbled words- but the pictures are perfectly fine). That is Naga the Guardian Deity warrior, protector of humanity from monsters- a myth created by humans who didn't understand the truth of Naga as a Manakete fighting off the Earth Dragons and their allies.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Damn, her art and breath animation are beautiful but her skill set isn't that interesting though. I do want LH!Tiki but I might have to pass despite Lugh being on the banner. We'll see how it goes. 

She's the blue flying dragon? And she has a very pretty dragon sprite? And she works perfectly with other dragon units, especially (ironically) L!Robin? Crap. Guess I need her. No orbs to spend, though. Berkut takes priority for now, but I'll still free pull blue and maybe try for her again at another time.

Edit: Why are all my units earth?

Edited by Mercakete