May's Mythic Hero Appears - Naga: Dragon Divinity (May 30 ~)

Coolmanio

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/29/2019 at 12:50 AM, Stroud said:

I mean her C skill makes all units effective against dragons. I also thought for a little time what about if I just set her close to my Deirdre. xD

My Marth has Refined Falchion, Spur Atk/Spd and Spur Def/Res, so he grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+5 to all adjacent allies. If he is adjacent to Naga, she will have Atk/Spd/Def/Res+8 during combat.

However, I will use Naga with Male Corrin, for Atk/Spd/Def/Res+9 (+12 if I give Corrin Spur Atk/Spd and Spur Def/Res combo as well).

On 5/28/2019 at 10:29 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Why? Doesn't Tactics only call for 2 (provided a 2-2 divide) or more distinct movement types? Running a full 4 is not absolutely necessary.

Despite only debuting one game beforehand, Nagi has for me a sentimentally older feel. 

I can't quite associate Awakening Naga with herself when she turned her fangs into the Anri Falchion (which was cooler regarding Naga's creation of it before SoV) and the Binding Shield. She is the same person with all the same memories and she unseals the Falchion again, but her being reduced to a voluntarily spiritual being, reminding me of the World Tree spirit at the end of Tales of Symphonia, just disconnected her somehow.

Nagi might have barely any availability, and she lack her memories, with SD only hinting at her as a reincarnation of Naga (that crypticness was in a way appealing), although NM is clearer about this. Yet I guess being situated in Archanea and not Ylisse, being in physical flesh, not having undergone the "radical" redesign of Awakening (but who do I kid? FEs 11 & 12 don't look like FE3). Somehow all of these things, make her seem more like the Naga of ancient times? This is who I think of when I think of Naga's death at Thabes, the being who gave birth to Tiki, led dragonkind in its golden age, and crafted artifacts for humanity with her great power and wisdom as she protected them.

It sometimes sounded like she was saying "Feed me.". Weird, but I've interpreted worse. To be honest, Snover's Gen 4 cry in Pokemon sounded like "I need a ***" (three letter word for mammary gland excretion point), I have no idea why I thought that. I wasn't that dirty as a kid. And Starly sounded like "Painting a tape-water planet.", whatever that means.

Isn't that what the Book of Naga is supposed to summon in FE4? Naga's likeliness (but not physical self)?

Image from Genealogy of the Holy War

You can't have more than 2 of a movement type for Tactics buffs to work. 

6 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

I like all her stats, as with her weapon if she gets the full +9 she has 58 Atk 45 spd 42 Def and 35 res. But isn't her Hp a bit low? 

Isn't her HP 40 in the trailer? Did IntSys use a +Hp Naga that is not in her Lv40 in the trailer, because a +Hp Naga has 41 HP?

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

My Marth has Refined Falchion, Spur Atk/Spd and Spur Def/Res, so he grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+5 to all adjacent allies. If he is adjacent to Naga, she will have Atk/Spd/Def/Res+8 during combat.

However, I will use Naga with Male Corrin, for Atk/Spd/Def/Res+9 (+12 if I give Corrin Spur Atk/Spd and Spur Def/Res combo as well).

Yeah Corrin might give her a nice buff, Marth might be easier to setup though, because he does not need to be adjacent to give a nice buff, ok with double spur you have its kind of ok... Which might be better for AR I think. 

I still want to see how AR will develop with Naga, players also might setup her on Defense team just to counter offensive Dragon Teams in general.. she even counters herself. Poor Duma though. I guess the next Anima hero has to do some work or just not be a dragon at all.  I still think about how I can make the most of her with what I have, I even consider changing her breath, which makes her maybe a bit bulkier. I think lightning Breath or Waterbreath might work with her. But of course she loses on some things.. and she will lack a bit attack there..

What makes me sad is that I still find Camillas axe so underwhelming. I also think she would be a support for Naga which is not too bad with Goad or Ward flier... but this axe is just so so...but I might give it a try to come up with something there...

Haven't been on SF for a day, so might as well give my thoughts on the banner now. In general Naga looks like she has plenty of utility in the current meta what with the legendary/mythic dragons everywhere, but for me she's basically worthless. All hail Julia, Imperial Princess of Grannvale, greatest dragon-slayer in the land. The only color that interests me on the banner overall is red since I have neither Eirika nor Gunnthra, while my Hrid is +Spd (literally any other asset would be better). Going to do one set and stop.

5 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Isn't her HP 40 in the trailer? Did IntSys use a +Hp Naga that is not in her Lv40 in the trailer, because a +Hp Naga has 41 HP?

They just changed her stats a bit (I think they have done this before but not sure where) , honestly I would prefer if she had 40 Hp and 30 Def instead of the current 37 Hp 33 Def. Though a nature could fix that I guess. 

Also I did some more pulls and with 40 orbs I got two more Erikas (one was +Atk and I merged them and the 3rd one was foddered to Veronica. And a tiki that is - Def +res so again not best natures but I thought of an interesting enemy phase build for her.

On 5/29/2019 at 12:29 AM, Zangetsu said:

The Divine Dragon of all dragons is a blue unit like her daughter.....sure why not? Kinda weird that M!Grima can counter her but I guess being effective against dragons would cancel that.

I mean Grima did kill her in the future past

2 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

I mean Grima did kill her in the future past

And wouldn't she have died in the world Lucina fled? Sure Grima would not have been around in it anymore due to having left to pursue Lucina, but Lucina felt the world was too hopeless to fight for, and Naga didn't come back with Lucina. So I'd think Lucina's Naga would have been killed by whoever remained of Grima's lackeys and the vast darkness in the failed world.

Although this raises a hypothetical situation where by Grima leaving the world they conquered to go after Lucina and spread destruction in other worlds, opens the possibility for Naga to save it. If there was but one patch of light left, a rock still pure on which Naga could with her infinite wisdom fight a darkness now decapitated, if still permeating the soul of the continents and the seas. If she could, without the Fell Dragon to fight, struggle and emerge supreme, against perhaps the Morgans and a few lucky surviving Grimleal in a boundless but not infinite horde of Risen. What... would Lucina think of this? If she could know that Naga as soon as her azure locks and the fell scales crossed into the margins of timespace, began a new genesis of good in her world? She could not have stayed for it, for then so would have that which prevented the rebirth. To know her world, not a parallel copy, could be saved from the brink of oblivion, but only without her in it?

33 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And wouldn't she have died in the world Lucina fled? Sure Grima would not have been around in it anymore due to having left to pursue Lucina, but Lucina felt the world was too hopeless to fight for, and Naga didn't come back with Lucina. So I'd think Lucina's Naga would have been killed by whoever remained of Grima's lackeys and the vast darkness in the failed world.

Although this raises a hypothetical situation where by Grima leaving the world they conquered to go after Lucina and spread destruction in other worlds, opens the possibility for Naga to save it. If there was but one patch of light left, a rock still pure on which Naga could with her infinite wisdom fight a darkness now decapitated, if still permeating the soul of the continents and the seas. If she could, without the Fell Dragon to fight, struggle and emerge supreme, against perhaps the Morgans and a few lucky surviving Grimleal in a boundless but not infinite horde of Risen. What... would Lucina think of this? If she could know that Naga as soon as her azure locks and the fell scales crossed into the margins of timespace, began a new genesis of good in her world? She could not have stayed for it, for then so would have that which prevented the rebirth. To know her world, not a parallel copy, could be saved from the brink of oblivion, but only without her in it?

I don't think so. I theorize that Naga can't die because her power exists in the land itself. If Naga truly died, then her power should have vanished from the land. But as Tiki noted in Future Past, her power still exists and focuses instead Ylisstol. 

So if Naga's power still exists, Naga didn't truly die. Rather, I think Naga is entirely capable of creating new vessels for herself, allowing her to revive herself as she did as Nagi back in FE11/12. 

Meaning for Grima to truly kill Naga, Grima needs to destroy the entire planet, so that all traces of her power ceases to exist on the world.

My theory on Grima's claim of "killing Naga" is that he merely destroyed the physical body in Mount Prism (likely Nagi's body), thus making Naga's power no longer have a focus on. But after killing Tiki, Naga's power focused there. 

This means that when Lucina and Grima left, even if Grima "kills Naga" of that timeline, Naga would likely have created a new vessel once more, but it simply would take time. 

I also think that Naga likely only created this alternate timeline only because it would give another world a chance to fight Grima if he inevitably arrives to conquer it.

@omegaxis1

For some reason I'm having issues quoting you response. But are you sure with solid evidence Grima that came back to spread destruction of their own accord?

For some reason, I thought Grima was only reacting. That Grima only chose to travel across timespace because they got a whiff of what Naga and Lucina were planning. Sure when they arrived back in time they went "Sure I'll make this world more like home!" and began plotting its destruction, but only as a consequence of seeing it after initially taking the voyage to kill Lucina and friends.

And this goes back to my own assumption that Lucina's flight was not to react against her Grima going back into the past, but to save a world like her own, any world, because her's was a total dead end, she didn't want to die, and she would be happier knowing she helped save something if not her own world from annihilation.  

Nor did I operate under the assumption that eradicating Naga's existential existence was next to impossible. In playable Lucina's original world, the fight at Ylisstol was lost, so Naga would have to go elsewhere. But Mount Prism the holiest place on the continent is gone, and how much she can run and where to, is not so explained. All ships I recall reading are smashed in Lucina's time, so Valm it is possible is a toxic cesspool of Grima power, including every leaf of the Mila Tree.

We have no idea of what has become of the ~3309 years since the Crusaders Jugdral that has to still exist. And who knows what else exists out there in terms of lands? Maybe there is a tiny "rock" sticking out of the middle of the ocean somewhere that happens to be the tippy top of the 80000000000 years sunk Tower of Guidance? 

If we had a map of the entire planet of Faia EmberuEarth, and it was labeled with to indicate how much of the land, sky, and seas was contaminated with Grima's darkness to the point that Naga could not inhabit it. Then maybe it'd be possible Naga still had a fighting chance of survival, or maybe it would possible Grima had polluted the world beyond that point and that noose around her was too tight to escape.

And that is assuming Naga couldn't take two sisters and flee with them to other planets with highly intelligent life to warn them about potential Fell Dragon apocalypses. Although then I'm left to wonder why she didn't shoot the Manaketes to the nearby Moon after the war with the Earth Dragons that nearly killed off humanity. Medeus would never have betrayed if the Manaketes resided solely on the oxygenated lunar surface and humanity solely on the Faia EmberuEarth. At least, not until those pesky humans "come in peace" via Gradivus 11 rockets.

22 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But are you sure with solid evidence Grima that came back to spread destruction of their own accord?

For some reason, I thought Grima was only reacting. That Grima only chose to travel across timespace because they got a whiff of what Naga and Lucina were planning. Sure when they arrived back in time they went "Sure I'll make this world more like home!" and began plotting its destruction, but only as a consequence of seeing it after initially taking the voyage to kill Lucina and friends.

Oh, he was. I'm saying that I think Naga proposed time travel in the first place in that once Grima destroys this world and starts going to other worlds, he'll need some way to be stopped, and a world where Grima is stopped thanks to time travel seems like a good idea. Naga did say that Grima seeks only to add to his power.

24 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And this goes back to my own assumption that Lucina's flight was not to react against her Grima going back into the past, but to save a world like her own, any world, because her's was a total dead end, she didn't want to die, and she would be happier knowing she helped save something if not her own world from annihilation.  

It was indeed Lucina's wish to at least save something since she failed brutally to save her own world.

28 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nor did I operate under the assumption that eradicating Naga's existential existence was next to impossible. In playable Lucina's original world, the fight at Ylisstol was lost, so Naga would have to go elsewhere. But Mount Prism the holiest place on the continent is gone, and how much she can run and where to, is not so explained. All ships I recall reading are smashed in Lucina's time, so Valm it is possible is a toxic cesspool of Grima power, including every leaf of the Mila Tree.

We have no idea of what has become of the ~3309 years since the Crusaders Jugdral that has to still exist. And who knows what else exists out there in terms of lands? Maybe there is a tiny "rock" sticking out of the middle of the ocean somewhere that happens to be the tippy top of the 80000000000 years sunk Tower of Guidance? 

If we had a map of the entire planet of Faia EmberuEarth, and it was labeled with to indicate how much of the land, sky, and seas was contaminated with Grima's darkness to the point that Naga could not inhabit it. Then maybe it'd be possible Naga still had a fighting chance of survival, or maybe it would possible Grima had polluted the world beyond that point and that noose around her was too tight to escape.

I'm saying that so long as Naga's power can somehow remain, Naga likely cannot truly die, because her power remains that ties Naga's soul to the planet. Unless Grima destroys every trace of the land that her power runs through by destroying the world, Naga can survive. 

Though it is possible that Naga did die since Naga makes no indication of being around upon Anankos restoring the world, but rather Robin and the others called out. So it could be possible that in Lucina's planet, Naga is dead completely. 

31 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And that is assuming Naga couldn't take two sisters and flee with them to other planets with highly intelligent life to warn them about potential Fell Dragon apocalypses. Although then I'm left to wonder why she didn't shoot the Manaketes to the nearby Moon after the war with the Earth Dragons that nearly killed off humanity. Medeus would never have betrayed if the Manaketes resided solely on the oxygenated lunar surface and humanity solely on the Faia EmberuEarth. At least, not until those pesky humans "come in peace" via Gradivus 11 rockets.

Sounds a bit like how Naruto went, with a clan going over to the moon.

Naga needs a good amount of team support to be at full power. Her stat-line alone won't cut it compared to some of the recent units. Especially legRoy and Alm, which I assumed the were designed to encourage pulling for the pair up feature. Excluding Duma, IS don't want any Mythics to be too strong. All of them feel like support units, overhauling some of their kits is going to be expensive. If this the the case for future Mythics that is going to be slightly irritating.  

Interesting that she is labeled under Mystery of the Emblem and not Awakening given she never makes a physical appearance in either Mystery of the Emblem games (not that I recall). To add onto that this is straight up her design in Awakening. But it also makes sense since it's the first game she's mentioned in. Also, I think she's the first character added that isn't actually a god. Only one who is worshipped as one. Eir however is a bit up for debate. So that clears up a bit as to who we may see. Not that Naga is a surprise by any means. 

4 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

Interesting that she is labeled under Mystery of the Emblem and not Awakening given she never makes a physical appearance in either Mystery of the Emblem games (not that I recall). To add onto that this is straight up her design in Awakening. But it also makes sense since it's the first game she's mentioned in.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Her character description (when you tap her name) lists both Mystery and Awakening as her source game, though she is positioned with Awakening in the Herodex.

5 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

Also, I think she's the first character added that isn't actually a god. Only one who is worshipped as one.

It's called humility. She is a god by pretty much any definition of the word

I can claim to not be human all I want, but that doesn't make me not human... wait.

160~ saved orbs until I got Brave Hector and Naga in the last circle. At least I got the Cosmos Goddess, and she's +HP -Res so not too bad.

3 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

Sounds a bit like how Naruto went, with a clan going over to the moon.

I wasn't actually thinking that. I had mostly the old scrapped "Fire Emblem on Mars" idea in my head. Though the first line was a 7th Dragon reference. Just adding some levity to my more serious musings.

And actually, FE has enough evil dragons to make for seven True Dragons: 1st True- Naga, 2nd- Loptyr, 3rd- Medeus, 4th- Grima, 5th- Velezark(?), 6th- Anankos, 7th- Spoilers. Admittedly this isn't perfect, FE dragons don't align perfectly.

Pulled for LH!Tiki, got 2 Naga's and a BH!Hector. Hector apparently likes me so that's something. BH!Lyn too. Is Eliwood going to be to follow suit?

Naga completes the flying dragon team spanning all 4 colors. Didn't pull for any of them but I probably should give them proper builds in case I want to make them a preset AA team.

Pulling blue finally gave me a Shanna. It's been so long since I've seen her that I don't remember who wants Desperation anymore.

Edited by Flying Shogi

Which one of you guys has Hrid as a waifu?  Because he's -Atk, and that's the last thing he wants to be.

But on the bright side, I have some savings, so I guess it wasn't a total loss.

On 5/30/2019 at 2:01 PM, Stroud said:

Yeah Corrin might give her a nice buff, Marth might be easier to setup though, because he does not need to be adjacent to give a nice buff, ok with double spur you have its kind of ok... Which might be better for AR I think. 

I still want to see how AR will develop with Naga, players also might setup her on Defense team just to counter offensive Dragon Teams in general.. she even counters herself. Poor Duma though. I guess the next Anima hero has to do some work or just not be a dragon at all.  I still think about how I can make the most of her with what I have, I even consider changing her breath, which makes her maybe a bit bulkier. I think lightning Breath or Waterbreath might work with her. But of course she loses on some things.. and she will lack a bit attack there..

What makes me sad is that I still find Camillas axe so underwhelming. I also think she would be a support for Naga which is not too bad with Goad or Ward flier... but this axe is just so so...but I might give it a try to come up with something there...

Mmm i dont think fielding Naga on Defense is gonna do much. you can snipe Naga with any strong offensive unit since they will have dragon effectiveness and repo that unit out of danger.

At defense turn all the dragon effectivness is gone and Naga can straight up super Tank almost anything. Unless another Naga runs there too.  But zhen you could just run A gravity healer with effectiv dmg and bind them mostly.

Naga on defense will only blindside unprepared people. To me she looks not a good as candidaze for Defensiv Teams unless you Team her up with LAlm. But Alm doesnt struggle to kill supertanks much in a Infantry pulse Team, he doesnt need the dragon effectivness at all.

If she were Infantry ok. But as Flier you loose a precious Infantry pulse slot.

19 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Mmm i dont think fielding Naga on Defense is gonna do much. you can snipe Naga with any strong offensive unit since they will have dragon effectiveness and repo that unit out of danger.

At defense turn all the dragon effectivness is gone and Naga can straight up super Tank almost anything. Unless another Naga runs there too.  But zhen you could just run A gravity healer with effectiv dmg and bind them mostly.

Naga on defense will only blindside unprepared people. To me she looks not a good as candidaze for Defensiv Teams unless you Team her up with LAlm. But Alm doesnt struggle to kill supertanks much in a Infantry pulse Team, he doesnt need the dragon effectivness at all.

If she were Infantry ok. But as Flier you loose a precious Infantry pulse slot.

True, in case of Infantry/Mixed teams she might be too difficult to setup to make use of her. I think Flier teams are the better choice for her. Even filled with ward she would have a difficult time to survive green mages with dragon against effect though...

I think flier ball setup with her might be interesting. I guess I should consider myself lucky for having Deirdre there. For now I can rely on her in Astra season. 

17 hours ago, Stroud said:

True, in case of Infantry/Mixed teams she might be too difficult to setup to make use of her. I think Flier teams are the better choice for her. Even filled with ward she would have a difficult time to survive green mages with dragon against effect though...

I think flier ball setup with her might be interesting. I guess I should consider myself lucky for having Deirdre there. For now I can rely on her in Astra season. 

Having constructed a full flierball team to test this theory, I can confirm that Naga becomes very ridiculous if a situation arises where she's got three sources of buffs to her PRF. I slapped Warding Stance 4 on mine, and even with an Atk flaw (go to hell, gacha), a Goad and two Wards on top of her PRF puts her at 60-ish Atk and 50-ish Spd/Def/Res. This is before the Sacred Seal slot, which I'm slipping Atk/Spd Bond into.

The catch with Naga is that getting that "three sources of buffs to her PRF" situation can be difficult. The positioning is a huge chore without an all-flier team, and excluding SY!Tiki there are no Anti-Dragon fliers, so Divine Fang sticking to the fliers like glue becomes a necessity for Naga to remain at full power. I want to recommend putting together a full team of flying manaketes to reduce positioning problems as much as possible, but this is not easy to achieve: F!Grima is legendary, SY!Tiki is seasonal, and Myrrh got axed from 75% of the banners in the game, so getting all three can be a massive pain in the neck.

Edited by Some Jerk

19 minutes ago, Some Jerk said:

Having constructed a full flierball team to test this theory, I can confirm that Naga becomes very ridiculous if a situation arises where she's got three sources of buffs to her PRF. I slapped Warding Stance 4 on mine, and even with an Atk flaw (go to hell, gacha), a Goad and two Wards on top of her PRF puts her at 60-ish Atk and 50-ish Spd/Def/Res. This is before the Sacred Seal slot, which I'm slipping Atk/Spd Bond into.

The catch with Naga is that getting that "three sources of buffs to her PRF" situation can be difficult. The positioning is a huge chore without an all-flier team, and excluding SY!Tiki there are no Anti-Dragon fliers, so Divine Fang sticking to the fliers like glue becomes a necessity for Naga to remain at full power. I want to recommend putting together a full team of flying manaketes to reduce positioning problems as much as possible, but this is not easy to achieve: F!Grima is legendary, SY!Tiki is seasonal, and Myrrh got axed from 75% of the banners in the game, so getting all three can be a massive pain in the neck.

why 3 manaeketes, FGrima and Myrrh have no Dragon effectivness, so they need to stick close to Naga. So in that case you could go with any Flier that has a good support weapon or offense weapon etc. In any case if you want an optimum scoring offense Team you will run 2 Nagas which will support itself. I am planning to run double Nagas + Dancing Dagger Olivia with her Water bucket (effectiv against Dragon) + Regular Marth (Falchion refine with a fantastic support), no position restrictions there and still place for one bonus unit.

29 minutes ago, Hilda said:

why 3 manaeketes, FGrima and Myrrh have no Dragon effectivness, so they need to stick close to Naga.

Divine Breath: Grants Atk+3. Effective against dragon foes. Grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+X during combat. (X = number of dragon allies and allies that have "effective against dragons" within 2 spaces ×3. Maximum bonus of +9 to each stat.) If foe's Range = 2, calculates damage using the lower of foe's Def or Res.

All breath units count regardless of if they are effective against dragons.