Mythic Hero Battle: Naga - Dragon Divinity

Nanima

4 hours ago, Landmaster said:

...I decided today it’s time to go for the Nowis since I haven’t used them together to clear an Abyssal yet.

Heck of a map to start doing that.

Nice job! Ares & Nowi’s bulk surprised me at times (like when Ares ate a hit from the Blarserpent Flier of death). And I guess that even dragon goddesses aren’t safe from being pelted by small wooden buckets!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, mampfoid said:

You don't have a Cherche? Or not the right base, or not enough to merge?

I have one with the right asset but I'm waiting for one to show up with the right bane. I'm aware that the flaw goes away with merges but my OCD doesn't allow for it. As for merging, I have a couple copies but feathers are a little tight at the moment.

Finally beat Abyssal! That was rough.

Spring Camilla is the slowest of my blade tome flier trio, so I haven't been using her much in quite a while, but her color and high Atk turned out to be just what I needed. Brash Assault fixed her Spd issues, and I finally had her inherit Desperation to match Corrin and Tana. Also got around to giving Legendary Azura a special (which involved a couple of rounds of SP grinding in Special Training) and upgraded the Fierce Stance seal for Young Azura before I remembered there's also a Quick Riposte one that turned out to work way better. Well, it's good to have around, I guess.

tumblr_psfxu7aos81rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_psfxtuZ1Wr1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_psfxtyITbh1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_psfxtwkRms1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_psfxu5HEU71rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_psfxu3zDFx1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_psfxtvCaTa1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_psfxu1sQhL1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_psfxu0R7hL1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_psfxu4JSsv1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_psfxvymiTC1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_psfy7hcgDz1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_psfxvvlL161rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_psfxw4EL451rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_psfxw1vzyH1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_psfxvxZx8s1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_psfxw0tatr1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_psfxvuKaiz1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_psfy7jddGX1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_psfxw2CaqL1rj8duz_540.png

@kirauza343 Wow! The map just started and Camilla got extremely close to dying, but all the boosters you've gave her really paid off this time. From there it became a slaugther from the sheer might of your Flier team. Another nice moment was when Camilla did the exact damage to kill the green archer, 1 less point of Atk and it'd be over but of course that'd never happen to a fully invested Camilla. I may be getting to used to Eirika's high bulk because I couldn't believe the enemies could deal so much damage.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Celica's going as strong as ever. I'd expected her to be triple brazen but nah, she doesn't need all those buffs to tear this map to shreds. It's the fluffy tail, it's hard to compete with that thing.

@Astellius No offense taken, after all I remember being inspired by Zeo's clears to stop using only my flier team to clear stuff and start focusing on making my favorite character the best she could be I still recall those days when she was known as Nino's buffbot. So yeah, Zeo's Matthew is absolutely the epitome of how you can clear anything with nothing but your favorite units.

@Landmaster Ohhh, DC+Vantage Ares is a really cool combo. It good a little crazy when Nowi almost died to the Fafnir and then when Naga started chasing her while you tried to get HS!Elise in a safe spot to start poking her. Using 3 reds for a map with very tanky blues was very bold of you but it made for an awesome clear!

I managed to beat Naga's MHB on Infernal with my Summer Takumi solo strat, which you can view right here.

The map is unfun with the blockades in the middle and the excessive amount of reinforcements not mixing well to the point of creating uncomfortable chokepoints. It took me several tries to beat because playing the Archers was tricky, but pulling my Summer Takumi, Legendary Azura, and Flying Olivia back onto the top map after 2 kills on the second turn was the key. Flying Olivia was able to bait the Gravity Cleric that way, and Takumi was in the right position to pick up kills on all the enemies on top (including the incoming Archer) while getting hit by the blue flying mage at the end of the turn to put himself in Desperation range, which was clutch in killing most of the remaining manaketes.

Edited by Erureido

20 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Since I've been using the Elises a lot lately for Abyssals, I decided today it’s time to go for the Nowis since I haven’t used them together to clear an Abyssal yet

Neat to see these girls around. They sure proved themselves destructive! Ares took a lot of abuse, but that just meant more Bonfire fun for him. Elise and H!Nowi destroyed all the green threats while Nowi tanked without end. Naga took a bit of prep work and time, but it's still quite impressive to have managed it with that team comp. Congrats!

20 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Oho, Atk/Spd Solo Reyson, that’s going to be super cool in future clears! I expect more kills coming from him. Looks like it was an easy bout for the birds. They map these Abyssal maps their playground once again. Of course Reyson getting the final kill on Naga is the highlight

It really does help him out a lot. Couldn't let him not be a killing machine, right? xD And yes, it didn't take too long to figure out, fortunately. Really love my birbs.

On 6/1/2019 at 3:17 PM, Landmaster said:

Since I've been using the Elises a lot lately for Abyssals, I decided today it’s time to go for the Nowis since I haven’t used them together to clear an Abyssal yet. Joining them will be Ares with a new Skill he recently picked up, and HS!Elise who will be taking care of the dragon onslaught.

Ares needed Spd Smoke to not be doubled by the Blue Flier, Nowi needed Bowbreaker to not have to bother with that Usain Bolt-like Bow Fighter and Darting Stance to not be doubled by half of the map (this is one of those times I’m glad I never changed her IV). H!Nowi needed Atk+3 (yes, not even DB or L&D) to one-round the Troubadour and Pivot to make use of her Grimore shenanigans when Gravity took effect. Also needed double SB for some chip damage Finally Elise needed the Tactics to support Ares on the left side,and Darting Blow with her Spd refined weapon to double the Green Manakete (since she is always taking the Chill Spd).

Apologies for the end of the battle just being a bunch of stalling, but Naga was desperately chasing Nowi and we had to keep her dancing around the spikes to chip her down and this was one of the faster attempts I was able to manage.

Every time I watch I see a new +10? But cool clear. Ares showed why his special spiral sword is a force to be reckoned with when combined with vantage and Dc. Nowi did good too despite this map not being one of her favourites. 

@Nanima Ow wow. The map wasn't made to withstand so many neasala/Tibarn attacks. They doubled everything and made short work of all the squishy, but highly annoying enemies. Reyson one rounding Naga and withstanding a Astra was pretty cool to see too.

@mampfoid @Robert of Normandy Cool one turns. Azura is a odd choice for a galeforcer, but the singing helped out. Also odd to see Fmorgan double Naga. She's not the slowest unit aroud.

Probably not going to clear this one on abyssal. This map is not my favourite with that annoying archer and all those high movement, ranged unit. I do have a Infernal clear that went pretty smoothly. Also expirimenting with another theme, but i'll have to wait and see if that works out.

Funny, the trailer showed her on Mystery of the Emblem. So she really is Nagi in that game (and the first)?

Wonder what caused the memory loss or the return of it in Awakening.

Edited by Lanko

6 hours ago, Lanko said:

Funny, the trailer showed her on Mystery of the Emblem. So she really is Nagi in that game (and the first)?

Wonder what caused the memory loss or the return of it in Awakening.

Nagi was added in Shadow Dragon. FE3 aka "Old Mystery" only had Naga mentioned in the lore, totally unseen.

As for the resurrection, what both renditions of Mystery say about Medeus:

'He (Medeus) was vanquished by Anri once and then defeated a second time by you. However earth dragons boast tremendous life force, and cannot be completely eliminated so easily... Even now, they sleep at this altar."

I could easily conceive of Naga having the same or greater life force than an Earth Dragon. So when she sacrificed herself at Thabes, it was only a temporary spiritual coma with bodily destruction. Given she died on her own accord, she wasn't fighting anyone or at all herself under pressure, having her soul/life force entombed in the Alterspire in another dimension upon death sounds entirely feasible. If she really poured her everything in the Binding Shield and Falchion, the sacrifice could have meant a lengthy resurrection.

Medeus only came back in a weakened state himself prior to the War of Shadows, unable to take Shadow Dragon form, and unable to take on any dragon form outside of Dolhr Keep. His War of Heroes resurrection only worked as it did because Gharnef offered the maidens to him.

As for the absence of memory and its return, the process of bodily resurrection I could imagine involved first getting the body together, not so simple when dragons are so powerful. Reinstalling all her old memories would come after the body to house them was completed, vague but fundamental recollections of herself and her purpose in the world would have to make do until then. Naga's body has made a significant but not complete recovery in the 1107 years since she died, but it is not finished and thus her memories remain even less restored.

~1000 more years pass between Mystery and the era of the First Exalt 1000 years before Awakening begins. That additional 1000 years given the progress made in the prior 1107 in the form of Nagi, could have it readily seems have been enough to fully resurrect the flesh of Naga. And just the same it would have been enough time to then receive and store all 5000 years of memories of her prior life.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

17 hours ago, Sasori said:

@mampfoid @Robert of Normandy Cool one turns. Azura is a odd choice for a galeforcer, but the singing helped out. Also odd to see Fmorgan double Naga. She's not the slowest unit aroud.

Thanks! Azura is my only GF'ing Singer so far, but she has been very helpful already a couple of times. 

17 hours ago, Sasori said:

Probably not going to clear this one on abyssal. This map is not my favourite with that annoying archer and all those high movement, ranged unit. I do have a Infernal clear that went pretty smoothly. Also expirimenting with another theme, but i'll have to wait and see if that works out.

Nice way to tank that precharged Luna by Naga. Titania healed just herself with a Sol beforehand. Your units tank a lot, I can imagine that the same tactic is hard to use against Abyssal stats.

That 130 Dragon Fang damage though ... 

19 hours ago, Sasori said:

Ow wow. The map wasn't made to withstand so many neasala/Tibarn attacks. They doubled everything and made short work of all the squishy, but highly annoying enemies. Reyson one rounding Naga and withstanding a Astra was pretty cool to see too.

No, most Abyssals aren't. haha It was actually a Luna, but it's still quite an impressive attack to take. Those Dragon's specials are really fierce.

19 hours ago, Sasori said:

I do have a Infernal clear that went pretty smoothly.

Roy and Merric leading the advance was definitely a sight to behold. Titania taking on both the archer and Naga herself was also very impressive. All your units really showed off their skills here. Roy took so much abuse but still managed to hold on. Even if it'S not Abyssal, this Infernal was pretty great and entertaining to watch.~

On 6/2/2019 at 12:09 PM, Sasori said:

Haha! Ares was actually my first +10 but I have only shown him in one clear up till now back before he was merged~ Glad I was able to show him off with his shiny new Skills!~

L!Roy ate this map whole!~ 130 damage on that Green Manakete was crazy~ Plenty of fliers for Merric to deal with, too~ Titania was also a force to be reckoned with, the small amount of damage Naga did with a Luna was pretty amusing. Not much can stop Roy after that~ Great clear!

@mampfoid Great job once again! I wondered if you could still one turn it around all the spikes, but you make it look really straightforward. I had no idea that dance can still be used after a galefore..😯

@Nanima Been a while again, sorry for missing so many videos and replies! >-<

I'm so glad to see that you're merging up your Reyson and Naesala! ❤️ Everything is worth it for favourites x'D I really like how you managed to make the most of the space on the right side in the beginning, and  there was a few well landed def smokes from Tibarn.  

--

The new brazen atk/spd seal  has disgusting potential. This was pretty fun!

1 hour ago, ruruo said:

@mampfoid Great job once again! I wondered if you could still one turn it around all the spikes, but you make it look really straightforward. I had no idea that dance can still be used after a galefore..😯

Thanks! Yeah, GF Azura is very handy, but it's hard to make refreshers kill in abyssal maps. 

1 hour ago, ruruo said:

It looked fun for sure. Wow that build is terrifying, Jeorge just swept the map! I wish I had the fodder to build an archer like this, I wouldn't know which one to build though. 

Congrats! 

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Thanks! Yeah, GF Azura is very handy, but it's hard to make refreshers kill in abyssal maps. 

It looked fun for sure. Wow that build is terrifying, Jeorge just swept the map! I wish I had the fodder to build an archer like this, I wouldn't know which one to build though. 

Congrats! 

Thank you! I think any offensive orientated archer can pull off that build, maybe someone not too squishy though?  It's hard to say how practical this is compared to more accessible quad brave bow+ builds though. This is expensive and needs setup to get going. I do like it more than Firesweep atm because Fishie Bow has good synergy with low hp skills, +1Mt, and stats from refine.

I think a lot of archers have very similar stat distributions so, it's hard to do wrong. I would love to build a Klein or Niles. Their refines look great!

3 minutes ago, ruruo said:

Thank you! I think any offensive orientated archer can pull off that build, maybe someone not too squishy though?  It's hard to say how practical this is compared to more accessible quad brave bow+ builds though. This is expensive and needs setup to get going. I do like it more than Firesweep atm because Fishie Bow has good synergy with low hp skills, +1Mt, and stats from refine.

I think a lot of archers have very similar stat distributions so, it's hard to do wrong. I would love to build a Klein or Niles. Their refines look great!

Yeah, I also don't like Firesweep in any form, but Desperation weapons are fun. I wish they were more accessible, I like to combine them with Brazen + Escape Route. 

I do have a 4*10 Setsuna, a +SPD Cordelia (could merge to +1) and a +1 +ATK Jeorge. I wish his prf would be better. If he had Innes' new bow, I'd merge him in an instant. 

A +SPD Leon could be good (+1 SPD and -1 ATK compared to +ATK Jeorge). Klein and Virion are too important for SI to merge them. Niles could be fun to play with, but his ATK ... 

Obligatory Askrtrio clear of Abyssal:

Obligatory Nifl clear of Abyssal:

Team Legendary Marth clear of Abyssal, because it is Naga, and i started to really like this Team:

Various Team clears of Abyssal: (I also love alot my Cancel Affinity-Trifuckta Wrys-Hrid setup, i love running stuff with that)

Azama trolling a goddess with his Team!!

Haven't played for a while. But I recently came back super casually after a few months. I struggled for hours on Duma's map. And was dreading Naga's, but it was like...a walk in the park compared to his. Almost beat it on the first try. Merric was an absolute beast. Glad to know my first +10 is still putting in some good work. Close Counter M. Morgan and Distant Counter Shigure also put in some good work.

On 6/4/2019 at 10:20 AM, ruruo said:

I'm so glad to see that you're merging up your Reyson and Naesala! ❤️ Everything is worth it for favourites x'D I really like how you managed to make the most of the space on the right side in the beginning, and  there was a few well landed def smokes from Tibarn.  

Yeah, it's the biggest fun this game has to offer! Yeah, the birds needed all the space they could get. Thank you!

On 6/4/2019 at 10:20 AM, ruruo said:

Jeorge really laid waste to the map. Having Desperation on his weapon opened up so many possibilities and specials all day seemed the most fun indeed. Naga had no chance against such a powerful archer. Poor Reyson though, he must have felt really bad without his wings. haha;; Hope he gets them back after this.

On 6/3/2019 at 12:07 PM, mampfoid said:

Nice way to tank that precharged Luna by Naga. Titania healed just herself with a Sol beforehand. Your units tank a lot, I can imagine that the same tactic is hard to use against Abyssal stats.

That 130 Dragon Fang damage though ... 

I actually did't see the 130 till it was pointed out here, but that is a pretty high number. But yeah sadly everything becomes just a tad harder to tank on Abyssal.

On 6/4/2019 at 6:43 AM, Landmaster said:

Haha! Ares was actually my first +10 but I have only shown him in one clear up till now back before he was merged~ Glad I was able to show him off with his shiny new Skills!~

L!Roy ate this map whole!~ 130 damage on that Green Manakete was crazy~ Plenty of fliers for Merric to deal with, too~ Titania was also a force to be reckoned with, the small amount of damage Naga did with a Luna was pretty amusing. Not much can stop Roy after that~ Great clear!

All that poor brazen atk/def fodder though.

Merric probably surprised me more then Roy on this map. I needed something that could deal with that extremely annoying archer on turn one. Merric was the only one with the speed to dubble, the bulk to survive him and the blue mage and with enough force to actually kill them.

On 6/3/2019 at 2:10 PM, Nanima said:

No, most Abyssals aren't. haha It was actually a Luna, but it's still quite an impressive attack to take. Those Dragon's specials are really fierce.

Roy and Merric leading the advance was definitely a sight to behold. Titania taking on both the archer and Naga herself was also very impressive. All your units really showed off their skills here. Roy took so much abuse but still managed to hold on. Even if it'S not Abyssal, this Infernal was pretty great and entertaining to watch.~

Glad you enjoyed it. Titania doesn't always work well, but when she rocks, she rocks.

Late comments time!

@Alexmender Nice choice of music! Yeah I hate when I forget how to clear a map and spend even more time just trying to remember how to do it. Even if this map had those annoying spikes, you do make a good point how at least you're not swarmed by all sides. Anyway, great clear- Eirkia doesn't need Divine Fang buffs to slay Naga and her dragons- she was fooled by the 0 damage in the battle forecast but had to take Aether to the face. Also I just realised how high Eirika's HP, surviving things and healing with Aether is really satisfying.

@mampfoid Cherche one-shotting Naga felt so satisfying, and I love Axura's GF+Dance combo! Love the Summer Cordelia use!

@Nanima Nothing like birds beating dragons on a giant dragon. Great use of their superior mobility once again. Reyson should feel proud that he can assert dominance against a god with the Weapon Triangle haha. Still bummed in no Leanne  😞

@Landmaster @daisy jane @Rafiel's Aria @Ginko @Nanima @SatsumaFSoysoy @Azuris

So finally had time to upload this.

First off is Alm and Celica finding other dragon gods to slay, featuring some flying mages since Celica can't fly and nuke things.

Team is +Spd/-Def Legendary Alm, +Res/-Def Celica, +Atk +1 Legendary Azura and +Def/-Res Flying Nino

Music is Twilight of the Gods from Fire Emblem Echoes.

- Iote's Shield on Nino is a lifesaver with all those archers running about. Had to bait an enemy with her as well so Alm/Celica don't get cornered.

- Celica showing off with her shiny new Brazen Atk/Spd while her hubby switched to Desperation to try and delete things before being damaged. That cleric's bulk was a little bit annoying that whoever attacked her would be damaged no matter what.

- Azura had to step up a bit and deal with the red horse mage, but she needed a simple Drive Atk buff to defeat him. Speaking of support, I actually had to use Celica's native Spur Def so Alm doesn't get defeated in the later turns while she Draw Back her hubby.

Team is +Atk +1 Ophelia, +Spd/-Def Siegbert, +Atk/-Def Legendary Azura and +Spd/-HP Spring Camilla

Music is Conquest from Fire Emblem Awakening

- So here's a Conquest theme team conquering a divine god to the tune of Conquest from Awakening 😛. Went with the more peaceful and calm map version since it rather fits Naga in a way (I have a soft spot for the map theme since Awakening was my first FE).

- I haven't really shown off my Spring Camilla (partly because I try and not use seasonals for theme clears), but just like the first video, a green mage flier makes things a lot easier for this map. Her statline is more suited to Iote's Shield bow tanking, and it's always satisfying to see her take a hit and hit back hard. 

-Siegbert does his usual Galeforce sniping and hit and run tactics. His high mov also makes him a great Reposition bot for Ophelia. Speaking of, I like how Ophelia's sparkly tome finishes off the Astra mythic hero (who also has sparkly breath animations)

21 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Nothing like birds beating dragons on a giant dragon. Great use of their superior mobility once again. Reyson should feel proud that he can assert dominance against a god with the Weapon Triangle haha. Still bummed in no Leanne

Thank you, yeah their mobility is truly wonderful. I am sure he is, considering he is currently living the dream of being a potent fighter. Sorry to hear about your continued lack of Leanne. I hope you can get her off this banner or the next one she appears on.

First off is Alm and Celica finding other dragon gods to slay, featuring some flying mages since Celica can't fly and nuke things.

Very nice team. They worked extremly well together. Alm and Celica obviously had a blast, while Nino played a vital role at many points. Even Azura got her kill in. Not a single move was wasted on this map. There was a point were you looked almost overwhelmed by the enemies, but the team pulled through admirably. Well done!

So here's a Conquest theme team

Impressive. Raventome!Camilla is a real boon for this map. She cleared away so many of the pesky archers. Ophelia was of course overwhelming with her magical power. Nothing stood a chance against her. Siegbert had some close calls but you could see just how much power was behind his blows, especially with Galeforce making him go on a spree attack. A very well deserved victory all around!

@mcsilas That first clear was epic! Alm+Celica taking down another god together is a really nice theme. It was made even better due to Naga taking a Lunar Flash to the face. Nino really did a number on almost every enemy, it was surprising to see her survive at 1 HP considering she's pretty frail but that shows how you have perfect control over the map. Cool stuff!

The Conquest clear was very nice too, you don't see Spring Camilla nowadays even when she was the premier bow tank in flier teams during the early days of the game. Guess that role lost it's meaning when Flier Emblem evolved into the teleportation shenanigans we see now, but even if she's outdated Camilla is still able to hold her own against archers and blues alike. There's no need to talk about Ophelia, she's OP and it shows here just like in AR.

@Alexmender Thanks! Yeah Camilla is my only green mage flier in my main but while she’s no Flying Nino in terms of speed she is still very serviceable and can take hits when needed (although her Res can be annoying low). Being physically defensive is pretty unique though for a mage flier, i’d like to see something like this for the other colours when more mage fliers come out.

speaking of Flying Nino, yeah her crazy speed adds to her ‘bulk’. That Def boom has sometimes saved me a couple of times with Iote’s Shield that i keep delaying merging into a new +Res version dupe lol. I’m sure Alm and Celica can’t wait for Mila’s MHB!

@Nanima it kind of pains to see people ragging on Siegbert when he’s served me so well lol, even if the new Bridal weapons powercrept his sword. Still my best sword cav right now and i use him more than +Atk Swordhart mostly because of his Spd.

as for the first clear, it’s one of those times where i was thankful my dancer had +Atk despite wanting defensive stats more in general

@mcsilas smh Alm should've stayed home and let Celica do everything

Nice clears. Was surprised to see Siegbert. Still staying relevant!

Part of me wishes that you had put Blazing Thunder on Ophelia so that her first attack would look really satisfying... But it probably would have ruined the strat, since the healer would heal.