This is just a thread basically discussing your general thoughts on manga genre. You can also discuss some of your favourite manga you've read here. So i'll put my thoughts on manga here:

I favour manga more than anime. The compact format, the fast paced action and not too much dialogue. Those are the qualities that i favour about them. I like reading them physically on paper than digitally. Sure there is anime but i feel manga is more easier to follow and a bit more comfortable to sit through, its that i like to see the original format instead of adapted. There are light novels, comics but these are bit text heavy for me. Manga tends to be more creative than most other genres and they don't really tend to be too realistic or let logic control them most of the time. A cons would be that i'd have to collect all volumes which tends to be costly and also clutter space.

Currently reading: Murchelango, Demon slayer, Jojo bizarre adventure: Phantom blood. 

So yeah that's all my thoughts, may update this later on another time. I would to hear your words on the genre.

Edited by Innocentmask
Added another currently reading manga: Jojo bizarre adventure.

I can get through a manga faster than an anime, but I l feel like it's harder to discuss manga with other people since for other people it seems like a taller order to ask them to also read rather than watch. So when making recommendations I shy away from it

My favorite manga are Great Teacher Onizuka > Yotsuba > Ranma 1/2. I like comedy manga more than most comedy anime, especially older stuff. It just delivers the jokes really well. There are a couple of series I half remember that were really incomplete (like 6-13 slims) but in manga format that just didn't bother me as much as it would otherwise. of Course, most of those were episodic comedies I guess. 

I haven't read a lot of manga. The ones I've read and like are Berserk, Shingeki No Kyoujin and Majo No Ie. Helk was also a fun ride but dragged a bit too much by the end of the story. BokuHero I'm planning to pick up when I'm 50 chapters or so behind. I just can't find myself to care as much about BokuHero as I used to.

From all of those Shingeki No Kyoujin is definitely my favorite. The story and characters are fantastic. Yams has done an amazing job shifting my opinions on characters from arc to arc and the plot twists are really well done. Can't wait for the next chapter, it should release in a few days.

I've been reading Shokugeki no Soma.

Holy shit, I haven't been this disappointed in an ending since Hikaru no Go...they even ended the exact same way!

I don't really like Manga. I find reading it backwards to be quite awkward and the position of the pannels sometimes makes it hard to follow what goes on. 

I do occasionally read the My Hero Academia manga though. This is mostly because the lack of My Hero anime is triggering withdraw symptoms. It started with me being really interested in seeing where Endeavor's arc ended up and after that I never really stopped checking in with it. 

It's a medium that's flown under the radar of a lot of this generation of weebs, which is kind of sad.

Ongoing must-reads I can think of off the top of my head now are Dungeon Meshi and Golden Kamuy.

Hello. I am a 15-year-old who has never watched Anime or read Manga before. Are the Death Note Anime Books an acceptable place to start?

32 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

Hello. I am a 15-year-old who has never watched Anime or read Manga before. Are the Death Note Anime Books an acceptable place to start?

Death note is a pretty fun time if you’re into psychological thrillers and the like though the second half is pretty bad

On 7/19/2019 at 1:37 AM, KnightOfNohr said:

Absolutely! Death Note was my introduction to manga/anime (my sister was a huge fan and kinda forced me into reading it lol). I think it's a really good series that anyone can enjoy, whether they're into manga/anime or not. I prefer the anime myself (the ending of the manga is slightly different) but both are great.