Flame Emperor and Grim Knight identity theory thread

If I were to guess, he's definitely closely related to Faerghus, or at least Dimitri as a person. knowing how you can see Dimitri's boot crushing his mask in the E3 trailer, which is what I'd imagine to be one of the key factors that brought him to his post timeskip state. Whether it be a person closely related to him, or an overall message, like he learns the truth of that side of the church or something along those lines - or maybe a misunderstanding of the church's goals, as I think the church being evil is too obvious, or maybe a misunderstanding/truth he learns from his own bloodline. I dunno, a lot of options, but whatever identity there is behind that mask seems like it'll hit Dimitri pretty damn hard, to say the least.

It's interesting that we speculated that Edelgard would have a brother who lost his claim to the throne due to a lack of a Crest, and now Sylvain is confirmed to have similar family drama. 

1 hour ago, Xenogale said:

If I were to guess, he's definitely closely related to Faerghus, or at least Dimitri as a person. knowing how you can see Dimitri's boot crushing his mask in the E3 trailer, which is what I'd imagine to be one of the key factors that brought him to his post timeskip state. Whether it be a person closely related to him, or an overall message, like he learns the truth of that side of the church or something along those lines - or maybe a misunderstanding of the church's goals, as I think the church being evil is too obvious, or maybe a misunderstanding/truth he learns from his own bloodline. I dunno, a lot of options, but whatever identity there is behind that mask seems like it'll hit Dimitri pretty damn hard, to say the least.

Eh, I wouldn't be so sure, it's impossible to determine whose boot it is that crushes the mask, at first glance I thought it was the Death Knight, but it could be literally anyone with armour.

My guess is that Flame Emperor is Dimi. He didn't appear in the Death Knight battle and he strongly implies in the story trailer that he's aware of the church abusing their authority and it must be stopped. Also, he crushed the mask. But how the mask landed at his feet is a good question unless he threw it on the ground

4 minutes ago, redlight said:

My guess is that Flame Emperor is Dimi. He didn't appear in the Death Knight battle and he strongly implies in the story trailer that he's aware of the church abusing their authority and it must be stopped. Also, he crushed the mask. But how the mask landed at his feet is a good question unless he threw it on the ground

Idk how they could pull that twist without it being incredibly confusing. I guess in the Death Knight E3 Map we did see the Blue Lions fight without Dimitri and then the Flame Emperor pops up, so there is SOME evidence, but Idk. I do think it's more likely to be Edel's older brother who was presumed dead than anything else but we'll see.

8 minutes ago, redlight said:

I actually theorize Dimitri might end up as the successor of the Flame Emperor. Him crushing the mask might end up as Dimitri saying ''You're pathetic. I'll show you a real revolution!''

There could be other reasons for Dimitri to be MIA during that chapter. Maybe he's recovering from his eye wound, maybe he's been kidnapped or doing something off screen that requires the team's protection.

9 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I actually theorize Dimitri might end up as the successor of the Flame Emperor. Him crushing the mask might end up as Dimitri saying ''You're pathetic. I'll show you a real revolution!''

I have a feeling that Dimitri saying "kill every last one of them" refers to the Church rather than the Adrestian/Leicester armies. Dimitri becomes a sort of more hard-core version of the Flame Emperor attempting to overthrow the Church with the force of an entire nation at his back.

10 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I have a feeling that Dimitri saying "kill every last one of them" refers to the Church rather than the Adrestian/Leicester armies. Dimitri becomes a sort of more hard-core version of the Flame Emperor attempting to overthrow the Church with the force of an entire nation at his back.

I think it goes for both. The church he wants to destroy and the countries that could potentially stand in his way. 

1 hour ago, timon said:

Sorry but what am I missing? How are we saying that this is Dimitri? It's literally a random armoured foot (not saying it can't also be him).

qvhg3GN.jpg

If this scene is pre time skip, it def looks like his boots. I get they are pretty generic but the markings/style is exactly the same if i recall correctly. Post time skip, not his boots. the official artwork is up on the wiki if you need to see yourself.

Edited by ムック
for source

1 hour ago, timon said:

Sorry but what am I missing? How are we saying that this is Dimitri? It's literally a random armoured foot (not saying it can't also be him).

qvhg3GN.jpg

The random armored foot has very distinct patterning that's identical to Dimitri's greaves.

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, Corrobin said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Huh. Should have seen that coming. Who's the Grim Knight?

Spoiler

He’s allegedly Jeritza aka a character who is, conveniently, completely unplayable.

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

Hide contents

I wonder whether he wears his mask under his mask.

Spoiler

I think he does cause he has no unmasked portrait in the dump lol