Ranking the (known) personal skills

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Corrobin said:

I wonder what personal skill Caspar will have.

I'm wondering for Petra, as I'm still not convinced that 100% crit rate was rigged. Mostly because I don't think they've rigged anything else thus far...? Plus rigging it through gameplay rather than through basic programming seems roundabout to me.

A lot of these personal skills are rehashes of ones from Fates; so if I had to pick a Fates personal skill for Caspar - maybe Hayato's with being a lower level gives you a damage buff, which would be easier to track if level numbers are kept consistent throughout class tiers.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

I think Dedue's personal skill has cheese potential depending on defensive class/professor skills that have yet to be revealed. However, the biggest factor would be if you wait with Dedue and then rescue drop him at a choke point; will he still get the bonus? I hope so. If that's possible, then I think this skill has great potential, especially if dodging isn't reliable and you need to strategize as though every enemy attack will hit a la New Mystery.

• 2 weeks later...

So now that we have all of the personals I thought i'd rank all of them in terms of usefulness(Of course this is just my opinion and is in no way fact)

S tier 

• Paranoia (Bernadetta)
  • Solitary Wolf (Felix)
  • Wisdom to Live (Ashe)
  • Hard Worker (Annette)
  • Prodigy (Lysithea)

A tier

• Teacher's Guidance (Byleth)
  • Strategist (Hubert)
  • Liege's Shield (Dedue)
  • Live to Serve (Mercedes)
  • Ladies' Man (Sylvain)
  • Prestigious Noble (Lorenz)
  • Plead (Hilda)
  • Hates to Lose (Leonie)

B tier

• All 3 Bloodlines (Edelgard, Dimitri and Claude)
  • Confidence (Ferdinand)
  • Quarreller (Caspar)
  • Hunter's Law (Petra)
  • Lady Knight (Ingrid)
  • Keen Observation (Ignatz) 

C tier

• Songstress (Dorothea)
  • Doze off (Linhardt)
  • Animal Lover (Marianne)

D tier 

• Scavenge (Raphael)
Edited by SpiceMan

7 minutes ago, IDontKnowWhatImDoing said:

These two would have some great synergy if you put them together.

Leonie seems like she could be a good Cavalier as well as they focus on Lances which we have seen her using, so they would be able to keep up with each other. I ship it.

Edited by SpiceMan

10 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Is there a list of all the personal skills shown so far?

Actually..I think there is.

https://serenesforest.net/three-houses/pre-release/abilities/

I just don't know if that's all of them.

3 hours ago, SpiceMan said:

So now that we have all of the personals I thought i'd rank all of them in terms of usefulness(Of course this is just my opinion and is in no way fact)

S tier 

• Paranoia (Bernadetta)
  • Solitary Wolf (Felix)
  • Wisdom to Live (Ashe)
  • Hard Worker (Annette)
  • Prodigy (Lysithea)

A tier

• Teacher's Guidance (Byleth)
  • Strategist (Hubert)
  • Liege's Shield (Dedue)
  • Live to Serve (Mercedes)
  • Ladies' Man (Sylvain)
  • Prestigious Noble (Lorenz)
  • Plead (Hilda)
  • Hates to Lose (Leonie)

B tier

• All 3 Bloodlines (Edelgard, Dimitri and Claude)
  • Confidence (Ferdinand)
  • Quarreller (Caspar)
  • Hunter's Law (Petra)
  • Lady Knight (Ingrid)
  • Keen Observation (Ignatz) 

C tier

• Songstress (Dorothea)
  • Doze off (Linhardt)
  • Animal Lover (Marianne)

D tier 

• Scavenge (Raphael)

I'm not sold on the bolded being where they are - I'm just not convinced that Felix with a battalion would not be better than him without one. Confidence, I already eviscerated earlier.

Edited by Shadow Mir

My list in no order:

-S

Hunters Law

Keen Observation

Hard Worker

Live to Serve

Paranoia

-A

Teacher's Guidance

The 3 Bloodline skills

Prodigy

Lone Wolf

Quarreler

Lady Knight

Wisdom to Live

-B

Hates to Lose

Animal Lover

Doze off

Confidence

Plead

Ladies Man

Leige's Shield

-C

Prestigious Noble

Strategist

Songtress

-F

Scavenger

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

Seeing that the site is finally updated with some new ones, I'll get to my list in the OP later.

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

Confidence, I already eviscerated earlier.

Not a single person in this thread has suggested that one is any better than average. And you've attacked them all who have mentioned it. Why get so worked up over a mid tier placement? 

4 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

I'm not sold on the bolded being where they are - I'm just not convinced that Felix with a battalion would not be better than him without one.

I am convinced that he will not. Battalion can level up and even assuming that the 3 stats up level up that we saw was a fluke, eventually any battalion will sport a +5 or more atk, on top of other stats and gambits. 

For.the same reason, i see Lorenz skill as very good because is basically a free +2 strenght as long as you don't let the whole battalion die.

Edited by Flere210

3 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Seeing that the site is finally updated with some new ones, I'll get to my list in the OP later.

Not a single person in this thread has suggested that one is any better than average. And you've attacked them all who have mentioned it. Why get so worked up over a mid tier placement? 

Because mid tier is giving a personal that you have to actively go out of your way to leverage far more credit than it deserves.

18 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Because mid tier is giving a personal that you have to actively go out of your way to leverage far more credit than it deserves.

"going out of my way" sounds like I'm playing a strategy game. And if you didn't notice, a lot of these skills kind of suck in general even under optimal conditions. You don't need to be much to be mid tier. You might see what I mean if you attempt your own tier list, but you seem to have no intention of doing so.

Edited by Glennstavos

5 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

"going out of my way" sounds like I'm playing a strategy game. And if you didn't notice, a lot of these skills kind of suck in general even under optimal conditions. You don't need to be much to be mid tier. You might see what I mean if you attempt your own tier list, but you seem to have no intention of doing so.

Except we're talking about a skill that is useless the moment the user takes so much as a single point of damage. That's restrictive as fuck, and not something I'm going to go out of my way to tailor my strategies around trying to leverage.

8 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Except we're talking about a skill that is useless the moment the user takes so much as a single point of damage. That's restrictive as fuck, and not something I'm going to go out of my way to tailor my strategies around trying to leverage.

Okay, fine. Don't ruin it for other people who want to do so, however. Stop forcing your opinions on other people.

6 hours ago, Flere210 said:

I am convinced that he will not. Battalion can level up and even assuming that the 3 stats up level up that we saw was a fluke, eventually any battalion will sport a +5 or more atk, on top of other stats and gambits. 

For.the same reason, i see Lorenz skill as very good because is basically a free +2 strenght as long as you don't let the whole battalion die.

In IGN's video at 3:03 Annette levels up her battalion to level 5 which I think is max level(could be wrong). The only stat bonuses it gives are 10 hit, 4 resilience and 1 charm. And it also gives minus 1 physical attack without having any magic boosts. Granted this might be because it is a healing gambit but I am confident that a battalion will not give felix the same boosts as his skill would. His skill will surely wear of by endgame but just the shear ability of being able to +20 extra damage with guantlets(36 if you rally him with annette) I think makes it strong enough for S tier. He will likely be a very strong boss killer and as demonstrated by the king of beasts bosses will be very hard to kill in this game.

18 minutes ago, SpiceMan said:

In IGN's video at 3:03 Annette levels up her battalion to level 5 which I think is max level(could be wrong). The only stat bonuses it gives are 10 hit, 4 resilience and 1 charm. And it also gives minus 1 physical attack without having any magic boosts. Granted this might be because it is a healing gambit but I am confident that a battalion will not give felix the same boosts as his skill would. His skill will surely wear of by endgame but just the shear ability of being able to +20 extra damage with guantlets(36 if you rally him with annette) I think makes it strong enough for S tier. He will likely be a very strong boss killer and as demonstrated by the king of beasts bosses will be very hard to kill in this game.

Different battalions just give widely different bonuses:
a10yq1E.jpg

... but those plus the gambits, which are looking really strong at either support or straight up damage, sometimes aoe... that might be a little too good to pass. Even for him.

Edited by Cysx

Well let's not forget that his skill triggers when the battalion's HP is 0 as well, so if he does lose the battalion partway through the map he still has an extra source of damage. Plus with authority being a weakness of his it seems less likely for him to get access to the more powerful battalions with higher stat buffs before your other units with better authority

55 minutes ago, Coreyographed said:

Well let's not forget that his skill triggers when the battalion's HP is 0 as well, so if he does lose the battalion partway through the map he still has an extra source of damage.

This and because he has easy access of vantage. In other words, he can rush with a battalion, ''kill them off'', enter vantage range and have a +5 bonus. We don't know for sure which kind of Bonus we are going to get by battalions, but there might be one for purposes like this.

8 hours ago, SpiceMan said:

Different battalions give different stats, as stated earlier. Anyway, I'd imagine that there's going to be at least one battalion which can give a comparable boost or at least come close. Also, I have reservations about judging boss quality off of a demo...

3 hours ago, BergelomeuSantos said:

This and because he has easy access of vantage. In other words, he can rush with a battalion, ''kill them off'', enter vantage range and have a +5 bonus. We don't know for sure which kind of Bonus we are going to get by battalions, but there might be one for purposes like this.

I don't really see that as worth much, since you're putting yourself into a situation where Felix stands to die if he cannot one shot his attacker, in all likelihood.

I like Ashe's skill the most. It looks like a skill that will allow you to complete objectives and grab the treasures real fast, while avoiding some major headaches like tracking the guy with the key who may be on the other corner of the map with various traps etc. around him.

Other than that, Ignatz skill looks solid. A flat +20 hit rate is always good. Nothing really fancy, but always active and no conditions required.

Petra's skill looks cool too. Plain and simple, I like crits. I'm gonna give her a killing edge and she'll be critting for days. Honestly, it could be one of the best skills if we finally get bosses that last for more than one turn, or it could end up being a mid tier skill if 3 houses continues the trend of one turn bosses.