Jump to content
_Legault_

FE VI - EXTREME 2.0 - Hard Game Even in Normal Mode.

Recommended Posts

Thank you guys for all your comments and feedback. This is the first time that I create a hack for FE6 and I sincerely desire for anyone who plays this hack have a pleasant experience and enjoy the game. 😉 

Edited by _Legault_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will wait about 20 minutes. If I don't hear from anyone else I'm going with what Von suggested 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, _Legault_ said:

I will wait about 20 minutes. If I don't hear from anyone else I'm going with what Von suggested 🙂 

Patient, now.  I'm pretty much the only person who frequently responds to this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Von Ithipathachai said:

Patient, now.  I'm pretty much the only person who frequently responds to this thread.

Very true. Thanks 😉 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heavy Cavalry/Great Knight is a cool enough concept that I think it's worth keeping, otherwise the game just showers you with Cavaliers. IMO you could even take axes away from Paladins so that only Great Knight has all 3, offset by the fact that it's armored and has lower movement (should stay 7 if not go up like for Paladin, but definitely shouldn't go down).

Mage Knight is also a cool parallel for Lugh to become. I agree that making Hugh a Sage would be the best way to handle him.

I don't see why Mage Knight would have to come at the expense of Great Knight. If data space is the concern, you can overwrite an unused classes (female Cavalier, female Paladin) or, what I did in my hack, replace female General and turn Wendy into a male Knight. There's zero distinction between the male/female Knight and General, so the change would be purely behind the scenes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Black Pot said:

Heavy Cavalry/Great Knight is a cool enough concept that I think it's worth keeping, otherwise the game just showers you with Cavaliers. IMO you could even take axes away from Paladins so that only Great Knight has all 3, offset by the fact that it's armored and has lower movement (should stay 7 if not go up like for Paladin, but definitely shouldn't go down).

Mage Knight is also a cool parallel for Lugh to become. I agree that making Hugh a Sage would be the best way to handle him.

I don't see why Mage Knight would have to come at the expense of Great Knight. If data space is the concern, you can overwrite an unused classes (female Cavalier, female Paladin) or, what I did in my hack, replace female General and turn Wendy into a male Knight. There's zero distinction between the male/female Knight and General, so the change would be purely behind the scenes.

Good stuff. I will consider replacing the female General for the Mage Knight, that way nothing is lost. I will just have Wendy promote to the male General. Will it effect her growth rates or is that purely for enemy units. I mean she has her specific growth rates allocated under the characters section. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Black Pot said:

Luckily player character growths aren't influenced by tweaks to class growth rates, those only affect NPCs.

You are right! I have good news guys 🙂 ... This is concerning Roy, I've decided to keep his Ike battle animation as a Lord and the Great Lord is the same as Eliwood's Great Knight. 

 

That way when he promotes he doesn't stay the same. His Great Lord Sealed Sword animation is custom and his Durandal animation is custom as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright so here's the decision. I took both Von's and Pot's suggestions and I incorporated it in the hack/patch changes. 

This game hack is way better now thanks to you guys.

Thanks! 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol I was just about to patch it with the patch you had up and start playing it look like I will have to wait for the download to finish now like what I have read about on this and can't wait to try it ty for the hard work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, mkrnova said:

Lol I was just about to patch it with the patch you had up and start playing it look like I will have to wait for the download to finish now like what I have read about on this and can't wait to try it ty for the hard work.

mkrnova the patch is hot and ready to be applied to your rom.

 

Merry Christmas: http://www.mediafire.com/file/c1998n976ngo8qf/Fire+Emblem+The+Binding+Blade+(EXTREME).PATCH.ups                             🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mkrnova said:

ty

You're welcome. That link will take you to the updated patch 🙂 

 

Edited by _Legault_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mkrnova said:

ok I will get it now

Awesome! I just kindly ask that you post feedback and comments on it. This is the only way I can improve.

I'd greatly appreciate it. 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you fellas want to play FE VI Extreme with all the updates which reflect all of ya'll suggestions I recommend that you download my patch now.

Not only does it include ya'll suggestions, I also implemented one of my own. I included the Halberdier class in a few maps (enemies only. I'm sure they'll pose a challenge 🙂)

The hard mode save file is in the post for whoever feels like being adventurous. 

I'm confident that this patch/hack has been perfected and it doesn't need any more updates.

Thanks again for all the help and support 🙂  http://www.mediafire.com/file/c1998n976ngo8qf/Fire+Emblem+The+Binding+Blade+(EXTREME).PATCH.ups

 

 

Edited by _Legault_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm proud to announce to you all that this FE6 hack is 100% complete and updated. Thanks to some of you I have polished and perfected this hack.

Thank you. 

You may enjoy this hack to its fullest. 

Have fun! 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome! This definitely seems like a fantastic hack. I'll go ahead and download the patch to patch my Japanese rom. I'm actually exited to give this hack a go.

After reading most comments and the actual post, I'm convinced that I will have fun playing this hack. 

Thank you for creating it and posting it _Legault_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey there _Legault_

 

Here's my general feedback on your hack:

 

Your hack is definitely a challenge. Now I understand why you included the Heal/Mend staves in chapter 2 and an arena in chapter 3 & 5.

To be honest I had to restart a few chapters, however your hack isn't impossible to beat. It's a good challenge. You've managed to create a new difficulty, a difficulty which is in between normal and hard mode. I think that's awesome.

I like the fact that in the hack/game there are weapons that from FE7 that unfortunately were not included in FE6. Weapons like the Heavy Spear, Longsword, Dragon Axe, Wind Sword, and the FE8 weapon the Dragonspear. 

I beat Legance with Bors, their dialogue was rather interesting and more intense in my opinion. Paladin Erik caught me by surprise, that was a good call in your part by the way. Erik in FE7 is a cavalier and in FE6 he is a cavalier despite the fact that he's the Marquess of Laus. 

In conclusion I'm having a blast with your hack, I've only played the vanilla version of FE6 once and coming back to replay a re-imagined version is great. 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Fernand said:

I beat Legance with Bors, their dialogue was rather interesting and more intense in my opinion. Paladin Erik caught me by surprise, that was a good call in your part by the way. Erik in FE7 is a cavalier and in FE6 he is a cavalier despite the fact that he's the Marquess of Laus. 

Ooh, I never got to fight Paladin!Erik.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Ooh, I never got to fight Paladin!Erik.

You didn't? Well I don't know how far you are in his hack but If I were you I'd download his current patch which is updated and start from the beginning. 

Your save file has data from the previous patch, you'll not be able to fully enjoy this patch. Legault did say that he has perfected and polished his hack (which doesn't need any more updates). Thus far I haven't seen any errors and glitches. I guess that he took all of you guys ideas and implemented them in his hack along with a few of his own.

Edited by Fernand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a cool touch on Roy's alternate Sword of Seals animation on your part.

I found out about it in one of your FE Universe posts https://feuniverse.us/t/fire-emblem-the-binding-blade-extreme/5722

I gotta get that Sword of Seals man. I'm definitely having fun with this hack. I've tried others but this one is very unique in it's own way.

Good job _Legault_!

Roy with The Binding Blade.png

Roy with the Binding Blade 2.png

Roy with the Binding Blade 3.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2019 at 12:59 AM, Fernand said:

That's a cool touch on Roy's alternate Sword of Seals animation on your part.

I found out about it in one of your FE Universe posts https://feuniverse.us/t/fire-emblem-the-binding-blade-extreme/5722

I gotta get that Sword of Seals man. I'm definitely having fun with this hack. I've tried others but this one is very unique in it's own way.

Good job _Legault_!

Roy with The Binding Blade.png

Roy with the Binding Blade 2.png

Roy with the Binding Blade 3.png

Thank you, I've come a long way 🙂 Anyway I'm back from my FE Universe crusade and I'm exited to announce that this FE6 hack has improved greatly. 

Anyone who started playing this FE6 hack from inception should consider re-patching a clean Japanese FE6 rom and start from the beginning. The hard mode unlock save file is still up in the post. 

I implemented concepts and features from the members who gave me suggestions here, some of my own, and FE Universe support. 

This FE6 hack is 100% complete and it does not need any more updates.

 

Thank you all 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's great to know that other members are helping you and stuff.

I'm watching your new FE6 Extreme YouTube videos now.

It looks like you have Ch. 8  split into 2 separate videos. 

You did good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...