some genealogy stuff

shanni20

how do you make crusader weapons sellable and is there a possible way to remove the siege tome reducing movement to 0 in nightmare?

• 2 weeks later...

From another post....

If you want to be able to sell Holy Weapons, all you need to do is change the byte at 4B4E7 to 00 from 16. It won't display sell value in shops, but it'll let you buy and sell them as with any other weapon.

Basically, hex editing.

On 5/31/2019 at 4:13 PM, fiver said:

how do you make crusader weapons sellable and is there a possible way to remove the siege tome reducing movement to 0 in nightmare?

Pretty sure there's a patch somewhere for that. As for Siege tomes, I think its tied to either the 3-10 range ability, or the weapon.

Edited by lightcosmo

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2019 at 2:50 PM, lightcosmo said:

Pretty sure there's a patch somewhere for that. As for Siege tomes, I think its tied to either the 3-10 range ability, or the weapon.

You can change the range of a weapon in the weapon data, but once it reaches 10 or higher the character will be unable to move. In some post here quite some time ago someone told what you can edit to remove the movement restrictions (I will assume in Lamia's FE4 thread), though as far as I am aware the weapon range is still not displayed.

16 hours ago, Camus The Dark Knight said:

You can change the range of a weapon in the weapon data, but once it reaches 10 or higher the character will be unable to move. In some post here quite some time ago someone told what you can edit to remove the movement restrictions (I will assume in Lamia's FE4 thread), though as far as I am aware the weapon range is still not displayed.

Oh, wow, I didn't know that, but I hardly messed with weapon data so that's great to know! I mildly mess with FE4, so I don't know THAT much, but i'd say I have a decent grasp on things. Another thing, I thought there was a way to make Holy weapons 100% sellable, I've seen it in hacks before, so i'm not sure.

10 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Oh, wow, I didn't know that, but I hardly messed with weapon data so that's great to know! I mildly mess with FE4, so I don't know THAT much, but i'd say I have a decent grasp on things. Another thing, I thought there was a way to make Holy weapons 100% sellable, I've seen it in hacks before, so i'm not sure.

There is, though their value won't be displayed in the shop (not sure why, I am sure there is a way to fix it, but it's beyond me). Here is a list of offsets, including a few others I didn't see around (headered ROM).

04B4E7 - Change 00 to 16 and it should let you buy/sell holy items (again it doesn't display values, but it should work fine)

04857F - Seliph's leadership (for getting around the 2 star bug)

04B6FA - Arena gold values from victories if you want to change them.

04D4FF - EXP you get from rescuing civilians/kids.

04FBC4 - Staff gold to EXP ratio (Staff EXP is based on staff gold value, but this modifies the ratio of it

I wish I remembered where the long range lock is located, though there is a patch on the first page of Lamia's FE4 Stuff thread that has a patch for it, but the patch changes a lot more than 1 byte, so I think it might do more than unlock it, idk.

Edited by Camus The Dark Knight

2 hours ago, Camus The Dark Knight said:

There is, though their value won't be displayed in the shop (not sure why, I am sure there is a way to fix it, but it's beyond me). Here is a list of offsets, including a few others I didn't see around (headered ROM).

04B4E7 - Change 00 to 16 and it should let you buy/sell holy items (again it doesn't display values, but it should work fine)

04857F - Seliph's leadership (for getting around the 2 star bug)

04B6FA - Arena gold values from victories if you want to change them.

04D4FF - EXP you get from rescuing civilians/kids.

04FBC4 - Staff gold to EXP ratio (Staff EXP is based on staff gold value, but this modifies the ratio of it

I wish I remembered where the long range lock is located, though there is a patch on the first page of Lamia's FE4 Stuff thread that has a patch for it, but the patch is bigger than one byte so I think it might do more than unlock it, idk.

Yeah, I remember playing FE4 inflation, where you can sell holy weapons properly, etc. I know how to do complicated things like changing the bonuses received when doing the talk events' but I can't figure that out. Either way, this info's pretty great, so thanks for that!

I don't think the received talk bonuses would be that difficult to find unless they are structured very differently from every other stat in the game. I imagine they would be after the event and look something like 00 03 00 00 00 00 03 00 (+3 STR, +3 DEF), or XX 03 XX 03 (With "XX" being a byte indicating which stat). However as I said, I have never looked in to it so I could be completely wrong.

EDIT: Now I am irked I can't find where the byte for the 10+ range lock is. I got rid of it in my own patch.

https://imgur.com/lQPE3LS

EDIT Again: Found it, to unlock the movement lock on 10+ weapons change the 04 at offset 7B763 to 90.

Edited by Camus The Dark Knight

16 hours ago, Camus The Dark Knight said:

I don't think the received talk bonuses would be that difficult to find unless they are structured very differently from every other stat in the game. I imagine they would be after the event and look something like 00 03 00 00 00 00 03 00 (+3 STR, +3 DEF), or XX 03 XX 03 (With "XX" being a byte indicating which stat). However as I said, I have never looked in to it so I could be completely wrong.

EDIT: Now I am irked I can't find where the byte for the 10+ range lock is. I got rid of it in my own patch.

https://imgur.com/lQPE3LS

EDIT Again: Found it, to unlock the movement lock on 10+ weapons change the 04 at offset 7B763 to 90.

4A 70 1C 01 03 its structured like this for stat events, 4A 70 being the trigger stat gains, 1C being Seliph's ID, 01 being the stat in question stat's go in order, obviously, and 03 being how much gained.

2 hours ago, Camus The Dark Knight said:

Interesting, so the second one was how it was (though looking at what I said, I didn't word it the best). Good to know the 4A 70 is the trigger for it.

Sorry if that sounded confusing, I wasn't sure how to put it into words. There's a lot you can do with this, but I haven't really messed around with it, so i'm not 100% sure here.