Corrupt a wish: normal variation

Dragoncat

We have a FE one but not a regular one. So yep.

I wish my apartment complex had built in air conditioning so I didn't have to fight with window units every summer.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Granted but the room will never hit the perfect temperature unless you're sick.

I wish my body temperature was always perfect and unaffected by temperature regardless of location or collective temperature in the immediate area.

Granted, but you will be sweating buckets in the summer and during the winter you grow lots of body hair.

I wish life is easier.

Granted, but because you chose not to do hard things, you miss out on the rewards in life. After all, it's not in the gaining, it's in the earning.

I wish that I cold successfully throw a boomerang.

The ocean flies off into space because the moon's gravity is no longer affecting it. There is no more water on Earth.

I wish I had a million dollars.

Granted, but a relative is held hostage and the kidnappers ask for the million dollars as a ransom.

I wish that I could do Russian and Swedish tongue twisters.

• 3 weeks later...

Granted, but now you... I?... can only speak in Russian and Swedish tongue twisters now.

Cute video of where I got the idea from:

Barely a page in and I already asked a niche question.

I wish that my niche questions were answered.

Granted, but the weight of them falling on someone knocks them out at best, and kills them at worst. It also, you know, destroys the economy, making quarters worthless in the market, thus making their name inaccurate.

I wish that I could put Fire Emblem related wishes here.

Granted. But the other corrupt Fire Emblem wishes thread gets closed.

I wish people will buy my poop for like a million dollars per pound.

You are now always excited, to the point you never get a break. It's easy to ignore your body yelling to get some rest because you are so engaged in something that it was only a matter of time until your heart burst trying to keep up with all this excess energy.

I wish that I didn't have to save-scum so much when playing Fallout.

Granted, you never save-scum again because there is only one save file and it autosaves. You now must suffer the consequences of every action you make, intentional or not.

I wish to be able to bench press 400 pounds.

Granted, but you're tricked into lifting a 1200 pound piece of machinery for a few bucks. You permanently injure your back, the people who set up the bet run away, and you don't get any of the money,

(No joke, this actually happened to one of my machinist instructors, and while he's still in the industry, his shoulder never completely healed. He also survived almost being sucked into a lathe because he was able to bench press 400 pounds at the time and stopped the machine by pushing against it. His jacket was completely destroyed (as in, only a single sleeve remained) but that's better than most encounters with a lathe. Don't look up lathe accidents. It's one of the few times google doesn't hide gore).

I wish that I knew why all my dreams the featured the Taguel also coincidentally had trampolines in them. And why the combination of the two are getting more and more creative as time goes on.

20 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

He also survived almost being sucked into a lathe because he was able to bench press 400 pounds at the time and stopped the machine by pushing against it.

I remember reading something about that, it was the inspiration for the wish.

Granted, you now know why your dreams have taguels and trampolines. It is a sign of developing mental illness.

That was pretty dark. I wish for something nice and innocent to lighten the mood.

• 3 weeks later...

It took me much longer than it should have to decide what example to use.

That, and real life shenanigans took up my time.

On 7/12/2019 at 7:30 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

I remember reading something about that, it was the inspiration for the wish.

I tend to bring it up every few months if I haven't done the joke on a topic yet.

Seriously, though, the combinations can get bizarrely creative, which would be hilarious if not for the fact that it's happening in my subconscious, which...

On 7/12/2019 at 7:30 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

Granted, you now know why your dreams have taguels and trampolines. It is a sign of developing mental illness.

...Yeah, makes me wonder this at times.

Anyway

I wish that there was a web or TV series or something along those lines about fictional characters going to therapy, where actual real life techniques and advice would be used. Characters would come from a wide range of media, and include people like Anakin Skywalker, Camilla, Batman, every party member in Planescape: Torment...

In the pilot episode, Anakin comes in for therapy. Palpatine comes in and tells him to "Do it." He kills the therapist and the series is cancelled.

I wish to be a vampire. [Lenny Face]

Granted, but you are immediately shot with a silver bullet, have a stake thrust into your chest, are force fed garlic, and finally decapitated.

I wish that my original XBOX controller(s) still worked so that I didn't have to deal with the faulty $10 ones.

• 1 year later...

Granted, but his win is soon forgotten in the thick woods of Serenes Forest.

I wish I had the financial ability to travel to different parts of the world and write about the countries, peoples, and cultures I see and learn about.

Granted, but you end up stuck in my hometown because of COVID and hear me practicing my oboe every day.

I wish I can go to europe one day.