"I changed Safy's name because that's the anagram of a company I've heard about"

Gruntagen

And here I thought you couldn't get any stupider than Bookofholsety's "Erin" or Gringe's "High Chancellor"...

You know, some this name drama could probably be mitigated if we had access to patching tools for people to manually change the names of characters whose new translations piss me off. Or if we just had the patchers make a different version of the patch that restores all the names.

Edited by Gruntagen

what the hell was safy's name changed to? This really irks me like when Diarmuid became Dermott and Conote became Connaught. Same with Bhuj. Not to attack any of the Exile guys - they did a wonderful job, its just that both Naga and Exile kinda did some arbitrary translations of things already widely accepted by fans... Even though it may not be exactly accurate there's not really a reason to change them... I don't know shit about Japanese though. that's just my two cents.

Could be because the names have been localized like that.  The Heroes site has their names up during their CYL voting period.

That could explain some characters but that doesn't really explain Bhuj or Conote/Connaught (though the naga patch did this first)

I'm talking out of my ass though because I haven't played exile and don't really know all the translation changes made, all I know is that I loved all the name translations that the original Menu patch did. probably personal bias...

4 hours ago, eclipse said:

Could be because the names have been localized like that.  The Heroes site has their names up during their CYL voting period.

You act like that detail has any legitimacy.

5 hours ago, fiver said:

That could explain some characters but that doesn't really explain Bhuj or Conote/Connaught (though the naga patch did this first)

I'm talking out of my ass though because I haven't played exile and don't really know all the translation changes made, all I know is that I loved all the name translations that the original Menu patch did. probably personal bias...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhuj_(weapon)

imagine getting this turnt about your cartoon characters names in a fan patch holy shit

i see no reason to leave a thread open just for whinging about this