I should've done this before. Greetings

Cheerful Jerk

I hope this message finds you all reasonably well.

I'm currently writing this (any criticism/feedback is welcome), I play with these in pretty much any genre you'll pay me (mostly as a hired gun/recording engineer) and while I enjoyed the series for a while, I don't think I could've considered myself a full-on fan until this year.

I first discovered the series through the Sacred Stones back in 2006. Unfortunately I got that GBA stolen a few weeks later, so I couldn't fall in love with the series as much as I would've liked (though it definitely made an impression). During a period of free time between sessions, I downloaded the awakening demo and I liked it way more than I thought, so much so that I preordered it the next day after playing through three tries of the demo.

While I overall liked Awakening fairly well, I have only replayed it a couple of times in those 6 years. Between breaks of playing Shin Megami Tensei IV (which is still my favorite 3DS game), I decided to try some of the older titles and played through all three Super Famicom games. GotHW quickly became my favorite Fire Emblem game. It's still the only one of the three I have actually replayed.

This year, though, I played Fire Emblem Echoes and that solidified my love for the series to the point that I consider the franchise a favorite of mine, I would say on pair with Megami Tensei and Sakura Wars. To avoid further tangents, I should've joined this website sooner. Talk to you guys later!

Welcome to the Forest, Warkster!

37 minutes ago, Warkster said:

To avoid further tangents, I should've joined this website sooner.

We all said this but it's fine. You're here now.

Have a nice day and enjoy your stay!

16 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Tfw you mistake the "r" for an "n"...

Just kidding. Welcome, Warkster! Hope you have a good time! Nice to see a fellow friend of SMTIV! I love that game, too.

Pfft. ?

Like, I know that, from a technical standpoint, SMTIV:Apocalypse is hands-down the better game of the two, but Vanilla SMTIV has that little je-ne-sais-quoi that Apocalypse lacks.

Thanks for the warm welcome to you both. :3

19 hours ago, Warkster said:

Pfft. ?

Like, I know that, from a technical standpoint, SMTIV:Apocalypse is hands-down the better game of the two, but Vanilla SMTIV has that little je-ne-sais-quoi that Apocalypse lacks.

Thanks for the warm welcome to you both. :3

Thanks for laughing at my dumb joke.

Yeah, I too prefer vanilla SMTIV to Apocalypse. Maybe it's that the party that constantly travels with you is a bit... too colorful for such a bleak and dark setting.
For me, though, I actually absolutely DISLIKE the final final dungeon in Apocalypse. It's way too long and confusing and the final final battle is a bit underwhelming for me. Both of these things kind of kill the replayability of Apocalypse compared to vanilla IV, where the final dungeons where fittingly long, but didn't overstay their welcome after arriving in the second area.