important question for tellius fans (not about makalov's purse strings)

Do you own a physical copy of PoR or RD (only answer if you have played)  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own a physical copy of PoR, RD, or both (only answer if you have played)

• I have no money now (I own PoR)
    • I am actually unable to emulate (I own RD)
    • I am an elitist jerk (I own both)
    • I am an unwashed plebeian (emulation)

Not gonna lie, I sorta blew my money on Path of Radiance. I needed it in the case with the booklet and any extra slips of paper that came with it. It was a good decision. But I did that a few years ago so I spent maybe like $125 dollars on it, maybe a bit more with shipping. I feel like I remember the price for that game being insane now, something like past the 200 mark.

Also Radiant Dawn I found for a pretty good price, for one containing the booklet and the inserts as well. I think that one had free shipping and was just $85. Which is the price of a Switch game with tax nowadays any way so not too big of a deal. It's so worth it for me because I need them physical. I play FE12 in English but I still bought a Japanese physical copy for my shelf. I know I'm crazy. It's why I'm poor right now.

Also I'm Canadian so all those prices I had are for the Canadian dollar. Just for more info.

Received RD for Christmas the year it came out. How lucky I was in hindsight. When I was hunting down Melee to play on the Wii, it never occurred to me to try looking for PoR as well. Much too late to bother now. I've seen a few LP's,  and that's good enough for me.

Sephiran's sex life is indeed a tragic topic, given how it was cut so short. Although I am not one to meddle in it, I really do like the guy despite his faults, and he is handsome. But unlike Pent where I may once in a while non-seriously call him a DILF, my love for Sephiran is strictly asexual. 

As for the actual topic, I am a member of the auld Tellius elite, having been given both games in childhood back when they were new, fresh, inexpensive, and the hottest thing around, instead of one of the most overrated things around -so some argue. I remember the old days when on GameFAQs, RD was known as Fire Emblem (Working Title), which the perverted minds of the site on seeing it sometimes cut off to "Working Tit...", on one occasion called it "Working Titania".

And I still possess both titles, with a working Wii U and platinum Gamecube to play them.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I own both because a close friend of mine gifted them to me after he got the roms for them on his cracked Wii. I wouldn't call myself an elitist jerk because of that, though.... because the elitist part of that would be wrong! XD

Edited by DragonFlames

Let me trigger each of you by saying my copy of Path of Radiance was just 25USD in my local Gamestop's used game bin. Radiant Dawn was 40 dollars. I wish I got either game when they came out. I know for sure I was playing this series when Radiant Dawn came out, but I was only fringely aware of the console games until I held one in my hands.

PoR was what the first FE game I ever bought (probably in like 2006?) and I loved it so clearly I bought RD as soon as I could afford a wii

(though technically I only currently own both through Integrity, since my copies are back with my family and now I live with Integrity and his copies instead of the ones I bought)

Edited by Freohr Datia

I have not played either games, but I do have a question. Do they have a special edition or limited edition version like Fates and Shadows of Valentia, or do they only have a regular edition like Awakening (Awakening did come bundled via software in the limited edition Awakening theme 3DS, but I am not if that qualifies as a limited or special edition like what Fates and Shadows of Valentia has)?

2 hours ago, XRay said:

I have not played either games, but I do have a question. Do they have a special edition or limited edition version like Fates and Shadows of Valentia, or do they only have a regular edition like Awakening (Awakening did come bundled via software in the limited edition Awakening theme 3DS, but I am not if that qualifies as a limited or special edition like what Fates and Shadows of Valentia has)?

given that both were just crapped onto the market with no care, I highly doubt that they received anything more than a normal release. I mean radiant dawn was released within one week (can't remember if before or after) of mario galaxy, so you can speculate how much they cared about the series at the time, it is akin to a television network giving a show the dreaded saturday morning time slot to manufacture a failure for the tax write off.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

i own both PoR (which i stupidly lent to my ex girlfriend, but i swear i'm getting it back) and RD, for a total of 240€

italian copies are much more expensive, since they're rarer

would buy them again tbh

Edited by Yexin

I bought RD when it came out so normal price for me.  I got really lucky in that when my mom took me to GameStop to get me Skyward Sword ( it was a late Christmas present because reasons) anyway I walk in and there right in front of my face was PoR for $25 needless to say a little sweet talking and I walked out with both games.  So I may own both,  but I did not spend a ton of money on them:P

• eclipse changed the title to important question for tellius fans (not about makalov's purse strings)