Unused FE3 music

Rosiero

Hiya, first time poster here. I posted this on Reddit, but it didn't seem to get much attention there, so I thought I would try this site.

I was playing around with the RAM in FE3, and I found a way to make it play any song in the game. Subsequently, I managed to find a set of songs that I'm pretty sure aren't used anywhere in the game, some of which sound rather unlike anything else in FE3:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ommKQTR6Dg9f_v0IBmYSMDCcRBBbaDQP?usp=sharing

I thought this was pretty interesting, and I've never seen it mentioned anywhere before--although someone on Reddit pointed out that one of the tracks was used in a Japanese FE3 hack, so perhaps Japanese fans do already know about this.

wow, they sound amazing!!!

Most of them sounds like a castle or a village or a support theme (like FE4);

but IntSys (probably) made them exclusively for sound testing.

4 hours ago, FrankOfAltea said:

wow, they sound amazing!!!

Most of them sounds like a castle or a village or a support theme (like FE4);

but IntSys (probably) made them exclusively for sound testing.

I'm not convinced that these were test tracks, since they're in slots smack dab in the middle of used Book 2 tracks.

11 minutes ago, Darrman said:

Do you have any instructions on how to listen to these tracks in the game? 

Enter any map, then use an emulator's cheat function to set 7E0876 to whatever the slot number of the song is (they're in the filenames of the recordings I made). The game will start slowing down and acting weird, so then set 7E0877 to 00, and it will begin playing the new song. This works for almost any song, but a lot of slots seem to be duplicates, some blanks, and a couple things do get a little glitchy--a few Book 2 songs sound a bit weird if you make them play in Book 1, and the Book 2 epilogue theme never progresses beyond the first section. There's probably a better way to access all this stuff, but I'm far from a hacking expert, I just mess around with stuff and see what happens.