June 2019 Legendary Banner Expectations

Johann

6 hours ago, Johann said:

Minor thing, but next week is Wind+Earth, which heavily backs up this upcoming hero being Wind.

Also

mysteryperson.jpg.0bf63d875e115af82c6422aae6b539e0.jpg

Either Wind or Earth. Now that mythic heroes are every other month, they might be willing to do them back to back at the start of a new element cycle.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Othin said:

Either Wind or Earth. Now that mythic heroes are every other month, they might be willing to do them back to back at the start of a new element cycle.

With this week being Wind as well as next week, Wind is the primary element

8 hours ago, Anacybele said:

IS confirmed in the notifications that that's supposed to be Gunnthra.

Ah, didn't see that, thanks. Good to hear too since it's Wind season, ensuring her score/stat boost, synergy with Hrid, and that the Legendary bonus unit list will repeat. After Gunnthra it should be either this new hero or Legendary Ike for that slot.

14 minutes ago, Johann said:

With this week being Wind as well as next week, Wind is the primary element

Oh, that does change things.

Hmm. I'm not sure who to expect for a Wind legendary here, since all three of my guesses (Seliph, Micaiah, and Celica) seemed to lean Earth. Only non-OC Wind heroes so far are Lyn and Lucina, but we've also already gotten Hrid as a sword cavalry.

2 hours ago, Johann said:

Ah, didn't see that, thanks. Good to hear too since it's Wind season, ensuring her score/stat boost, synergy with Hrid, and that the Legendary bonus unit list will repeat. After Gunnthra it should be either this new hero or Legendary Ike for that slot.

No problem.

I can see Elincia being wind. But damn it, if it is her, I'm probably going to have no orbs at that point because I'll have used them all up going for Summer Freddy merges (and somebody on the new summer banner if it has anyone I'll want). >_<

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No problem.

I can see Elincia being wind. But damn it, if it is her, I'm probably going to have no orbs at that point because I'll have used them all up going for Summer Freddy merges (and somebody on the new summer banner if it has anyone I'll want). >_<

Not gonna lie I REALLY want it to be Elincia. She's one of my favorite FE characters. The only other characters I might want over her are the Jugdral lords.

4 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Not gonna lie I REALLY want it to be Elincia. She's one of my favorite FE characters. The only other characters I might want over her are the Jugdral lords.

Hey, finally someone else we both really like! She's my favorite girl in the series no contest and I really want a flying healer Queen Elincia, legendary or no. Meaning I want her Queen design from RD. 😛

And then I want to S support her with GD Ike so they can rip maps apart together (and because OTP)! GD Ike on his own is a god, so partnering with someone that can keep him even more healed up than Radiant Aether already does would be sweet.

Edited by Anacybele

Wind affinity would fit Elincia well since Astra is reserved for mythics. There appears to be room for her on the banner as a sword or a flying staff (which is my preference since there is already a sword version). However, I think they will probably choose a different game since Tellius has had a couple banners recently.

43 minutes ago, Tree said:

Wind affinity would fit Elincia well since Astra is reserved for mythics. There appears to be room for her on the banner as a sword or a flying staff (which is my preference since there is already a sword version). However, I think they will probably choose a different game since Tellius has had a couple banners recently.

Ooh, good catch. I could see it being her.

On 6/8/2019 at 9:00 AM, XRay said:

Yeah, Reinhardt is the protagonist of Thracia 776, so he definitely deserves an upgrade. He should be a flying armor unit with 3 movement range, and have Meisterblade Thunder that can attack thrice on both phases and adds total BST of all units (including enemies) on the field to Atk/Spd/Def/Res.

You mean this doof?

Spoiler

I kid, I Slept him first. It wasn't difficult Sara with 3 levelups and a promotion and a Pure Water has a 100% of doing that.

What you see there are his real stats, and...

• And 5 Authority/Leadership Stars for +15% Hit/Evade to all him and every ally of his on the map.
  • And 5 Movement Stars for a 25% chance of getting an extra action once every turn.
  • And Charge/Confront/Accost for more attacks against anything with an AS of 0-1 with Dire Thunder or 0-13 with the Meisterschwert/Master Sword.
  • And Vantage to kill people before they can even hit him with Dire Thunder equipped (and less so with Meisterschwert).
  • And Adept for a 2% with Dire Thunder and 14% chance with Meisterschwert of adding another followup to any non-Adept hit.
  • And Pavise for a 20% chance of negating any incoming hit, just because.
  • And lastly, a Pursuit Critical Coefficient of 2 to double his displayed Crit, not like it matters, with Vantage, he can't use it unless he can naturally double- which means that unit is dead anyhow. And in the first place, his Crit is negated by carrying just one of 12 possible Scrolls.

And he moves of course, with the ability to use any leftover Move after attacking being a mounted unit. And he surrounded in Mage Knights carrying +20 Atk via Thoron, ruining physical units, with any other enemies on the map and Meisterschwert existing to kill magical units.

I've been playing through Thracia 776 for the first time, finally made it to C22. Looks very very difficult, but I know how to break it. And intend to have Tina do a little Thievin' so Sara can do a little 'zerkin', so Reinhardt is killin' his own army, until he gets shot dead or Gunna makes him sleepin', which then would make nabbin' him a breeze.

If he somehow survives, well Olwen is magical enough that she can hit him for 20x2 with a Pure Water and live, and then Mareeta can use the Nihil from her personal sword to bypass Vantage and be assuredly slay him barring a Pavise proc. Or I can just have Lara Dance for Olwen to assure the kill. Or I Silence Direboy to force him to rely on his puny 27 physical 1-range only Atk and pound him with 14 AS or greater and sufficiently bulky melee units, like:

Or, I can 68 in Asvel with his capped Magic and a Pure Water boost, assassinate Direboy on a 54 Crit, and then 68 him out of there. But I don't feel like doing that.

...I sincerely forgot this wasn't the General Discussion. Forgive me.

I'll just contribute by saying I could see Seliph as Wind. Nothing for him being that, but nothing against it either. Not Leif though, Njorun wielded the Earth Lance Gae Bolg, Leonster/Manster District is the country of Njorun. Even though Leif lacks the Brand to wield Gae Bolg, I see too much of an Earth association with him being of her blood.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 hour ago, Stroud said:

Thor as a green Infantry/Armor with Pair Up! But she also could be a Mythic hero so I don't know. Still Thor please! xD

Hmm. Interesting ideas, but either way, this seems too soon for her. Also, this month is unlikely to be green. Maybe she'll be the next Anima in half a year or so?

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Hmm. Interesting ideas, but either way, this seems too soon for her. Also, this month is unlikely to be green. Maybe she'll be the next Anima in half a year or so?

I just thought about Gunnthra, if I imagine it right she was also released rather early. But yeah there is still some time left and others have their priority. And I think Mythic Hero might be a choice, with the lack of contenders for Mythic Hero they also might create some like her. Legendary Heroes just have more potential choices, so she might be not a good pick.

41 minutes ago, Stroud said:

I just thought about Gunnthra, if I imagine it right she was also released rather early. But yeah there is still some time left and others have their priority. And I think Mythic Hero might be a choice, with the lack of contenders for Mythic Hero they also might create some like her. Legendary Heroes just have more potential choices, so she might be not a good pick.

Gunnthra was released right at the beginning of Book 2, just a month after Fjorm. Before she actually appeared in the story, in fact. But the other Book 2 OCs weren't introduced weren't released until the end of the book, months after each of them were introduced.

Book 3 OCs like Lif and Thrasir will almost definitely be released between Book 3 and Book 4. Thorr isn't even really a Book 3 OC: like Loki, she's more outside the current main story, so she could take even longer. Loki might have taken longer to release if she hadn't gotten into Brave Redux.

From a business perspective, the lag is important, to build anticipation. There would have been a lot less excitement about Hrid if they hadn't slow-rolled him for a few months to get us squirming.

Edited by Othin

12 hours ago, Othin said:

From a business perspective, the lag is important, to build anticipation. There would have been a lot less excitement about Hrid if they hadn't slow-rolled him for a few months to get us squirming.

This makes sense to tease her and maybe build her up a little. With this they also got something in their back of the hand for later. I also find it refreshing if she would remain outside of the story for a while.

And marketing is a huge point. Gunnthra was almost like an experiment compared to that..

13 hours ago, Florete said:

Gonna make a last minute prediction for the new legendary. One of the following:

• Fallen male Corrin with Ganglari
  • Anna with a red bow

I have bad news and good news: The bad news is that Anna won't likely have an alt coming until the monthly quest for her reads Anna: Commander instead of just Anna. The good news is that, if that ever happens, we can be fairly confident that she's getting an alt that month.

Instead of increasing the amount of units on these banners, I can see them running both a legendary and mythic banner each month in the future as more mythics get added. That way both banners won't be so bogged down by the other and they can have room to re-rerun seasonals gradually from the beginning. That'd get me pulling again. 

2 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Instead of increasing the amount of units on these banners, I can see them running both a legendary and mythic banner each month in the future as more mythics get added. That way both banners won't be so bogged down by the other and they can have room to re-rerun seasonals gradually from the beginning. That'd get me pulling again. 

So, two concurrent banners? I think a lot of people would love that, really.

41 minutes ago, Johann said:

I have bad news and good news: The bad news is that Anna won't likely have an alt coming until the monthly quest for her reads Anna: Commander instead of just Anna. The good news is that, if that ever happens, we can be fairly confident that she's getting an alt that month.

You're probably right, but I've been guessing red bow Anna on every possible red banner for a while so hopefully I'll be right eventually. Besides, we need to get a red bow eventually, and who else would it be?

We making last minute predictions for the Legendary Hero? I'm still predicting Chrom. He just seems to be a safe prediction and would fit being a wind pair up Legendary and while I wouldn't like a third alt of him wielding a sword it would make sense for him to bring 'Awakened' Falchion (as I call the Exalted Falchion from Awakening these days since Marth is more associated with his Falchion being called that) with that cool orange glow it has to Heroes in the same fashion he brought Sealed Falchion last year. It would also be a nice parallel for L!Chrom to come after Naga in the same vein L!Tiki came right after L!Marth the previous year.