Sword/Shield Pokedex Potentially Leaked (Spoiler alert, kinda)

Anacybele

Yeah, I'm not joking, the whole Pokedex for the Galar region might've been leaked.

It isn't including previous gen Pokemon though, since it's using National Pokedex numbers. However, we can infer some of which would be in the actual regional Pokedex because a bunch of these are evolutions for older ones.

Obviously, it may or may not be real, but I'm honestly thinking it more likely is real. That's a lot of effort for someone to go to to make this big list. It's 131 Pokemon. It isn't impossible for it to be fake, as there have been elaborate leaks for games in the past (the fake Rayman Smash leak comes to mind), but I think the chances are low.

I hope it is real, personally. Things I like about it:

- RAPIDASH EVOLUTION
- Potentially three horse Pokemon (including the aforementioned Rapidash evolution, the Steel zebra line that ends with Steel/Electric, and Eqolos)
- Scorbunny does not become Fire/Fighting
- Sobble becoming Water/Ghost sounds cool
- Used a few ideas I had come up with for my fan region, Yinze (Pegasus Pokemon, dalmatian, Water type hippo line, and a dolphin. My Pegasus is a legendary though, and my dalmatian has a pre-evolved form and is Water/Normal. My Water hippo line is a starter line as well). Sure, the Yinze Pokedex would have a few pretty similar Pokemon in it, but I'd be pleased to know that GameFreak continues to like some of the same ideas I do! Other instances of this have included an Electric zebra (Blitzle and Zebstrika), and a Jack-o-Lantern (Pumpkaboo and Goregeist).

Reasons I believe it's likely that it's real:
- The names and all sound enough like real Pokemon
- It includes the usual Pikachu clone
- It has new Eeveelutions, which we have seen in every even-numbered generation
- Eqolos is probably a horse, and another leak awhile back said that one of the cover legendaries was a wooden horse. It's the same leaker that got the games' names and the region being based on the UK right

Reason it could be fake:
- Evolutions for Pokemon like Dunsparce, Castform, Rotom, and maybe a few others just seem too good to be true. ? Also, Dunsparce getting an evolution and Farfetch'd remaining unable to evolve is kinda weird to me.

So, discuss.

Edited by Anacybele

I would have reservations, to be honest. "Leaks" are very common for Pokemon. I'm not in the slightest convinced that any of this is real because there's no proof.

I doubt the entire pokedex could have been leaked so soon. Yes, Nintendo has had some pretty big leaks before, but that's exactly why there's absolutely no way they'd let this happen. If it was real I would suspect they would be going full damage control taking down the list in as many places as they possibly could.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

It has new Eeveelutions, which we have seen in every even-numbered generation

I agree with Ana, PLEASE BE REAL!

Althought evolutions for pokemon who never had any seems unlikely.

Edited by Nym

1 hour ago, TheGoodHoms said:

I doubt the entire pokedex could have been leaked so soon. Yes, Nintendo has had some pretty big leaks before, but that's exactly why there's absolutely no way they'd let this happen. If it was real I would suspect they would be going full damage control taking down the list in as many places as they possibly could.

It's ok, we all know the Direct would've revealed literally every new Pokemon anyway.

Jokes aside, i ain't buying it. Pokemon leaks are so easy to make. 

Yeah, I’d be shocked if this was real. Whole Pokédex “leaks” are always fake. We’d have individual Pokémon rumored or leaked, like the Alola starters with their final evolutions and one Chinese source sharing a bunch of of stuff like a sea cucumber (Pyukumuku), mushroom (Morelul), and a rugby monkey (Passimian), though even then if got some things off as we never got a snowman and a dolphin (which were the two things I actually wanted but oh well). But yeah, this could be very easily disproven in time.

1 hour ago, Silverly said:

Whole Pokédex “leaks” are always fake.

The one time it was real was when the Sun and Moon demo was datamined and every Pokemon in it was discovered.

34 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The one time it was real was when the Sun and Moon demo was datamined and every Pokemon in it was discovered.

It was also real when somehow the starter evolutions were leaked along with trial leaders in August. 

I think most leaks are just fake unless one detail is revealed in a Direct, trailer, or announcement.

Oh, now there's this to add to the Pokedex "leaking."

https://www.dexerto.com/pokemon/galar-region-exclusives-leaked-pokemon-sword-shield-682139

This is from the guy who correctly said Sword and Shield would get news a week before E3. Though that seems like an easy prediction to make, so I think this one is less likely to be real than that big Pokedex leak.

38 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, now there's this to add to the Pokedex "leaking."

https://www.dexerto.com/pokemon/galar-region-exclusives-leaked-pokemon-sword-shield-682139

This is from the guy who correctly said Sword and Shield would get news a week before E3. Though that seems like an easy prediction to make, so I think this one is less likely to be real than that big Pokedex leak.

I feel like this one feels a lot more real than the entire Pokedex! The 131 new Pokemon seem like a lot when they're intentionally making generations smaller. Also while it seems like one easy prediction, a lot of people though the focus of S/S would be at E3 versus a week before, so I think it adds a little more legitimacy to that one. 

Either way, we have 2 days before the Pokemon Direct! So I'm excited to see what's going to be disproved, because I'm sure they'll show off at least the regional bird, or maybe a regional variation or something, plus some gameplay and some hints at other Pokemon. =D

22 minutes ago, Kiran_ said:

I feel like this one feels a lot more real than the entire Pokedex! The 131 new Pokemon seem like a lot when they're intentionally making generations smaller. Also while it seems like one easy prediction, a lot of people though the focus of S/S would be at E3 versus a week before, so I think it adds a little more legitimacy to that one. 

Either way, we have 2 days before the Pokemon Direct! So I'm excited to see what's going to be disproved, because I'm sure they'll show off at least the regional bird, or maybe a regional variation or something, plus some gameplay and some hints at other Pokemon. =D

Yeah, perhaps.

Agreed on the second part, all I really want to be real here is a Rapidash evolution. Though I expect a few brand new Pokemon to be shown first, of course.