How far apart in time to posts have to be to be considered double posting?

Von Ithipathachai

So I'm playing this guy's hack and I want to leave a few more chapters' worth of feedback.  Thing is I already left another post on the thread (17 hours ago as I'm writing this) that is currently its last post.

Personally I find it silly that I have to wait until somebody else replies to leave more feedback if I want to avoid breaking the "no double-posting" rule.  So how long would I need to wait before leaving another post if the last post of the thread is currently my own as well?

If you leave another post now you should be fine. The double posting rule is really about stopping people from responding to multiple posts one after another within a matter of minutes and clogging up topics. In this case, if you think this guy has already seen your previous post and you want to make sure he sees your new feedback, go ahead and make a new post.

I don't think you can get notified if a thread's last post is edited. Otherwise you would need to wait for anyone to visit the thread again and see the last post got something added to it. Great for threads that get visited often; but not otherwise.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I don't think you can get notified if a thread's last post is edited. Otherwise you would need to wait for anyone to visit the thread again and see the last post got something added to it. Great for threads that get visited often; but not otherwise.

Or he could ping the topic creator in the edit.

I had a similar problem in a Pokemon thread when we were talking about the Symphonic Evolution. And I've made a thread proposing an additional rule about time periods between double-posts. I think it might be worth asking for a spelling-out in a time limit in the double posts, to be honest.