• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

S Tier: Marianne, Leonie, Claude, Raphael

A Tier: Felix, Annette, Ashe, Dedue, Dorothea

B Tier: Caspar, Linhardt, Ignatz, Ingrid, Petra, Bernadetta

C Tier: Dimitri, Lysithea, Mercedes

D Tier: Edelgard, Hilda, Sylvain

F Tier: Hubert, Lorenz, Ferdinand

Since a lot of new stuff has been revealed since my first list, I figured i'd redo it. However I will not be including the non-students as I feel I need to interact with them in-game and see if they are recruitable to fully understand my position of them. Although if I had to rank them so far it would be

Setes>Byleth>Hanneman>Catherine>>>>>Jeralt>Alois>Tomas>>>>Rhea>Jeritza>Manuela>>>>>>>>>>>>Flayn(Her Hair is worse than Lorenz's and you can't change my mind of that.)

S Tier (Potential favourite in the series level) 

• Dimitri 
  • Hubert 
  • Felix 
  • Sylvain 

A Tier (Really Really Like) 

• Dedue
  • Ingrid
  • Ferdinand
  • Claude
  • Linhardt
  • Mercedes
  • Ashe
  • Marianne
  • Annette

B Tier (Like) 

• Lorenz
  • Edelgard
  • Petra
  • Raphael
  • Leonie
  • Hilda
  • Dorothea

C Tier (Neutral) 

• Caspar
  • Lysithea
  • Bernadetta
  • Ignatz 

4 hours ago, SpiceMan said:

Since a lot of new stuff has been revealed since my first list, I figured i'd redo it. However I will not be including the non-students as I feel I need to interact with them in-game and see if they are recruitable to fully understand my position of them. Although if I had to rank them so far it would be

Setes>Byleth>Hanneman>Catherine>>>>>Jeralt>Alois>Tomas>>>>Rhea>Jeritza>Manuela>>>>>>>>>>>>Flayn(Her Hair is worse than Lorenz's and you can't change my mind of that.)

S Tier (Potential favourite in the series level) 

• Dimitri 
  • Hubert 
  • Felix 
  • Sylvain 

A Tier (Really Really Like) 

• Dedue
  • Ingrid
  • Ferdinand
  • Claude
  • Linhardt
  • Mercedes
  • Ashe
  • Marianne
  • Annette

B Tier (Like) 

• Lorenz
  • Edelgard
  • Petra
  • Raphael
  • Leonie
  • Hilda
  • Dorothea

C Tier (Neutral) 

• Caspar
  • Lysithea
  • Bernadetta
  • Ignatz 

I like the color organization. This kind of thing could help organize interesting statistics for the post launch thread (ie: which House has the largest number of S tier students). 

I like all of them and every single student is a precious child of mine but here goes. They arent tiered within tiers.

S Tier (Love)
- Caspar

- Linhardt
- Dimitri
- Annette

- Ingrid
- Hilda
- Leonie

A Tier (Quite like)
- Edelgard
- Hubert
- Bernadetta

- Dedue
- Felix
- Ashe
- Sylvain

- Claude

- Marianne
- Ignatz

B Tier (Like)
- Dorothea
- Ferdinand

- Petra
- Mercedes
- Lorenz
- Lysithea

C tier (Meh...)
- Raphael

S Tier:

Claude

Dimitri

Edelgard

A Tier:

Sylvain

Marianne

Ingrid

Bernadetta

Felix

B Tier:

Ferdinand

Hilda

Dorothea

Lysithea

Ashe

C Tier:

Mercedes

Annette

Petra

Caspar

Hubert

Linhardt

Lorenz

Ignatz

Raphael

Leonie

Dedue

S Tier:

Claude: I've liked him since I first saw his portrait last year, and the fact that he's supposedly a schemer makes me really excited for his character. I hope his personality is more like that than the whole 'friendship is magic' thing.

A Tier:

Linhardt: He's a mood.

Dorothea: Like Claude, I liked her as soon as I saw her portrait, she seems pretty friendly.

B Tier:

Hilda: Wasn't expecting her to be like Charlotte, but I like it.

Raphael: Never thought I would rank him this highly, I actually really disliked him after seeing his character profile but after hearing him in the Treehouse footage he grew on me, hoping he's more Valbar than Effie.

C Tier:

Petra: I like her design a lot.

Hubert: I kinda like him ironically, he seems like he could be a pretty fun character.

Ingrid: I like her design a lot (at least I did until I noticed her fat fingers and long neck lol) but I'm not really a fan of her English voice, she seems alright though.

Ferdinand: I didn't like him at first, but he's grown on me since seeing some gameplay footage.

D Tier:

Lorenz: I don't know how to feel about him, I mean his design is hideous but I guess that's the whole point, and although we haven't seen his post-timeskip portrait yet his character model looks pretty good. As for his personality, it could be amazing or it could be a disaster. I always see him being compared to Virion and Leon, two of my favourite characters, so he has a lot to live up to lol.

Marianne: I was intrigued by her but kinda disappointed when her bio was posted. She seems like she could end up being boring and pious, but I'm hoping she'll be an interesting character.

Caspar: I hate his appearance, but I'm pretty neutral towards his personality. Although if that was him saying "Like a class reunion?" in the E3 trailer then I'm not sure I'll be able to put up with his Hayato 2.0 voice. I do like his Japanese voice though.

Leonie: She seems okay, but I hope she isn't too much like Sully with the whole "I can outshine any man on the battlefield" thing.

Dedue: Neutral

Dimitri: I expect that he'll be an interesting character and I'm interested in seeing what it is that makes him snap, but right now he's not really doing it for me.

Felix: I hope there's more to him than just being the edgy myrmidon.

Mercedes: Not a fan of her English voice, I'm neutral on her otherwise.

Annette: Neutral

Ignatz: That design is awful, and unlike Lorenz I don't see it improving much after the timeskip, though I could be wrong. There's nothing interesting about him from what I've seen so far, I hope he isn't just gonna talk about art all the time.

E Tier:

Ashe: I don't know why but Ashe just has a really punchable face to me for some reason xD. I think it's the freckles, but I just really hate his design. His backstory seems mildly interesting, but aside from that, his character seems kinda bland.

Edelgard: I like the fact that she's ruthless as opposed to being a damsel in distress, but she just isn't likeable to me. She's probably the character that has received the most focus and yet I still don't feel like I know her or care about her. Definitely the least interesting of the three lords.

Bernadetta: Not a fan of extremely shy characters.

Sylvain: I was hoping I'd like him but his Twitter bio made him seem like a huge asshole, so it's a no from me.

Lysithea: I hate Cordelia and I'm not a fan of Ricken or Hayato so I'm not holding out much hope for her character. Also she seems kinda rude or something.

On 7/2/2019 at 8:57 AM, Ranulfo said:

Black Eagles

2. Caspar. Truly my trash son. 

3. Edelgard. I love my powerful empress.

4.Linhardt. But after learning he suffers from sleepy bitch disease

7. Ferdinand. I'm all for post timeskip full rebel leader Ferdinand.

8. Hubert. He ugly. 

Blue Lions

1. Sylvain. (redheads are my weakness),

2. Ashe. I love soft boys with pastel hair. 

Golden Deer

2. Claude.  love the facial fair king

3. Raphael. What an ABSOLUTE UNIT. A good, BIG boy. 

I just ... this post had me actually laugh out loud! Bolded for things I LOVED and agreed with. Haha. My number would be slightly different but LOL. So good.

2 hours ago, Kiran_ said:

I just ... this post had me actually laugh out loud! Bolded for things I LOVED and agreed with. Haha. My number would be slightly different but LOL. So good.

Haha wow thank you! I'm glad I could make someone laugh 😛 The numbers are definitely changing as we actively get new information but that's just what happens when we make pre-launch lists. Can't wait until the game releases!

On 7/3/2019 at 2:32 PM, Etheus said:

I like the color organization. This kind of thing could help organize interesting statistics for the post launch thread (ie: which House has the largest number of S tier students). 

But I did that first...

I decided I wanted to do this again, now that (seemingly) we know all of the students, and know a little bit what the time skip does to them. My opinion mostly haven't changed from the first time, but there were a few that dropped and rose. I'm only giving my reasons for a few.

S tier

Claude

Lysithea

Petra- I'll be stealing Petra for the cause of the Golden Deer, thank-you.

A tier

Marianne

Dedue- I'll also being stealing Dedue, if we're allowed to. It doesn't make sense considering a massive part of his character is his loyalty to Dimtri, but in my head I imagine a dramatic moment post-time skip where Dedue says something to Dimtri like, 'You are no longer the man I swore an oath to,' and then switches sides. Probably won't happen, but I can hope.

Hubert

Ingrid

B tier

Raphael

Bernadetta- hiding under a book during a house meeting. Okay, you're adorable.

Annette

Leonie

Felix

Dorothea

C tier

Dimitri

Hilda

Linhardt

Ignatz

Ashe

Mercedes

D tier

Edelgard- ...I need to explain this one. I'm supper sensitive to when a game gives us a choice, but then marketing pushes us to one option (in other words, I choice bulbasaur, and can't stand the favoritism shown to charmander). I'm tried of seeing Edelgard getting twice as much marketing as Claude and Dimitri. And supposedly the Black Eagles have two routes, while the others have one? It just annoys me.

Caspar

Ferdinand

Sylvain

F tier

Lorenz- it will take more than a new fancy set of armor to make me like you.

Edited by GreyJedi
formatting

16 minutes ago, GreyJedi said:

But I did that first...

I decided I wanted to do this again, now that (seemingly) we know all of the students, and know a little bit what the time skip does to them. My opinion mostly haven't changed from the first time, but there were a few that dropped and rose. I'm only giving my reasons for a few.

S tier

Claude

Lysithea

Petra- I'll be stealing Petra for the cause of the Golden Deer, thank-you.

A tier

Marianne

Dedue- I'll also being stealing Dedue, if we're allowed to. It doesn't make sense considering a massive part of his character is his loyalty to Dimtri, but in my head I imagine a dramatic moment post-time skip where Dedue says something to Dimtri like, 'You are no longer the man I swore an oath to,' and then switches sides. Probably won't happen, but I can hope.

Hubert

Ingrid

B tier

Raphael

Bernadetta

- hiding under a book during a house meeting. Okay, you're adorable.

Annette

Leonie

Felix

Dorothea

C tier

Dimitri

Hilda

Linhardt

Ignatz

Ashe

Mercedes

D tier

Edelgard- ...I need to explain this one.

I'm supper sensitive to when a game gives us a choice, but then marketing pushes us to one option (in other words, I choice bulbasaur, and can't stand the favoritism shown to charmander). I'm tried of seeing Edelgard getting twice as much marketing as Claude and Dimitri. And supposedly the Black Eagles have two routes, while the others have one? It just annoys me.

Caspar

Ferdinand

Sylvain

F tier

Lorenz- it will take more than a new fancy set of armor to make me like you.

We don't actually know that Dimitri is the villain or that he is betraying his former self in any way.

My personal speculation - Dimitri is the protagonist, albeit a broken one. Edelgard is giving off serious villain/Red Queen vibes post time skip, and Dimitri may be the antihero rebel to her authoritarian conqueror. 

40 minutes ago, Etheus said:

We don't actually know that Dimitri is the villain or that he is betraying his former self in any way.

My personal speculation - Dimitri is the protagonist, albeit a broken one. Edelgard is giving off serious villain/Red Queen vibes post time skip, and Dimitri may be the antihero rebel to her authoritarian conqueror. 

I didn't mean to imply that Dimtri would become a villain, and I agree with your view of him becoming an anti-hero. But I still suspect he'll end up doing something morally questionable, even if he has some justification for it. Being forced to do something morally questionable for the greater good is something of a recurring Fire Emblem theme, isn't it?

S-tier, as in, please let me S-support: Dimitri, Claude, Felix, Ingrid, Lysithea.

A-tier: Edelgard, Ferdinand, Linhardt, Mercedes, Ashe, Sylvain.

B-tier: Bernadetta, Caspar, Dedue, Annette, Ignatz, Raphael.

C-tier: Lorenz, Hilda, Leonie.

D-tier: Hubert, Dorothea, Petra.

I can't stand Dorothea's hat. 

Pretty disappointed with how bland a lot of the new designs look.

Though Edelgard's design is really strong. Nice hair, costume, and color palette. Would love to see a quality pvc figure.

I'm also surprised to see Raphael ranked consistently low. When you give a character chiseled features while making some of them dopey and enlarged (brow, nose, chin) it ends up being endearing. (think Hugo from Street Fighter.) Combined with that goofy smile, he has a lot of personality. And the simple overalls and shirt are working well. One of the few iconic characters from the bunch, I feel. Some of the other characters hit certain archetypes or have some unique features, but nothing standing out too much.

I will say though, his chest nearly bursting out of his shirt is a pretty bad gimmick for showing a character is supposed to be huge. I've seen that used before, just always ends up looking obnoxious.

On 6/3/2019 at 11:23 AM, Etheus said:

Based purely on what we know of the characters thus far, in terms of looks and personality, rank everyone based on your preferences.

My list:

S Tier  

(Overwhelmingly positive bias)

Claude

Bernadetta

Felix

Ashe

A Tier

(Strong positive bias)

Edelgard

Dmitri

Ferdinand

Sylvain

Lysithea

B Tier 

(Positive bias)

Petra

Mercedes

Ingrid

Leonie

Marianne

C Tier

(No bias)

Dorothea

Hubert

Dedue

Annette

D Tier

(Negative bias)

Lorenz

Hilda

Linhardt

Caspar

F Tier

(Strongly negative bias)

Ignace

FFS Tier

(Speaks for itself)

Raphael

After profile releases (but trying not to account for post time skip designs), I have a few adjustments.

Marianne from B to S. She's just too precious.

Sylvain from A to B (maybe even a C). Still a great design, but he's kind of a douchebag.

Annette from C to B.

Hubert from C to B.

Linhardt from D to C.

Caspar from D to F. I really dislike Shounen protagonists.

S Tier:
Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude, Marianne, Dorothea, Sylvain

A Tier:
Petra, Mercedes, Annette, Ashe, Lysithea

B Tier:
Bernadetta, Caspar, Linhardt, Hubert, Dedue, Ingrid, Raphael, Ignatz

C Tier:
Ferdinand, Felix, Leonie

D Tier:
Hilda, Lorenz

• 1 month later...