RIP iTunes

Captain Karnage

This headline is highly inaccurate. I watched the presentation by Apple today. They are not killing iTunes, they are spinning it off into 3 separate applications. One for music, one for podcasts, one for video. Shouldn't affect your music library for the most part, it's just that the old application was getting really bloated and they recognized that fact.

8 minutes ago, Jyosua said:

This headline is highly inaccurate. I watched the presentation by Apple today. They are not killing iTunes, they are spinning it off into 3 separate applications. One for music, one for podcasts, one for video. Shouldn't affect your music library for the most part, it's just that the old application was getting really bloated and they recognized that fact.

Yeah, as far as I've heard they're basically restructuring iTunes so it's more like Google Play.  One for apps, one for music, one for videos.

itunes is awful, good riddance. it makes more sense to do it the way google does it anyway. (although, google's music app is not great either. aesthetically worse, functionally as bad as itunes. at least it allows you to upload 50k songs. too bad google is killing that too. 🙄)

Edited by Phoenix Wright

3 hours ago, Slumber said:

And with it, my darkest secret and greatest shame dies.

everybody makes mistakes, my curiosity has been piqued.

46 minutes ago, Phoenix Wright said:

itunes is awful, good riddance. it makes more sense to do it the way google does it anyway. (although, google's music app is not great either. aesthetically worse, functionally as bad as itunes. at least it allows you to upload 50k songs. too bad google is killing that too. 🙄)

no joke, I have a seperate app for music, just because google music confuses the crap out of me.

It's fine to want to improve the system you're putting out, but they just crammed iTunes full of all sorts of features and functions that most people wouldn't use a lot.  That, and I mean... it's goddamn iTunes.  All it should be there for is listening to frickin' music or transferring your tracks between devices.  It's not called iMedia or iMovies.  It was high time they deconstructed the software to rebuild it from the ground up.

The way iTunes was going, it was getting really slow, really bloated, and really confusing.  As I said, they added features people didn't care for, and they also kept changing the UI dramatically for absolutely no reason every so often to the point that it forced people to relearn the program.  Most people I know stopped updating their iTunes unless they absolutely needed to (such as when they need to transfer data to a new device).  My entire family hated using iTunes, and it was never not a hassle whenever any of us upgraded our devices, partly thanks to iTunes.