Who should be the next banner/reward units from Fire Emblem titles?

Garlyle

unknown.png

Here's what I've been thinking. Considering that each banner comes with all possible colors and each banner has a corresponding Grand Hero Battle / Tempest Trial that comes with a unit that we can summon later with grails - these are my safest picks. Had some difficult ones, but I got some pretty good hints in Discord earlier.

Of course there are still more than 400 names in CYL that are not in the game, so what would be your favourite picks?

15 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

Considering that each banner comes with all possible colors

Did you mean you guess all the upcoming banners should have all possible colors? Since this isn't true for some past banners (Binding Blade had 1 Red, 1 Blue, 2 Green).

I think Luthier would make a great free Green Mage. Currently, we only have two free infantry Mages (Female Robin and L!Azura), both of which have middling stats across the board, so Luthier would contrast pretty well with a bit more offensively focused stat-spread (something like 41 / 33 / 34 / 25 / 25 seems like a reasonable estimate). Ideally, I'd like him to come with Dark Excalibur as his preference weapon, but if he was forced to have a generic weapon, then something like Gronserpent would be nice for inheritance. 

I think the next Fates banner will be more likely to have more Hoshido units. Also I just want Rinkah to be in the game, same with Orochi and Reina. xD
The last Fates banner which has not been beasts and Adrift was a Nohr banner. Honestly I don't get why that Nohr banner had no Charlotte. And I don't know why they are hesitating there, because its so unlucky that Charlotte and Rinkah are both still left...and of course I want Rinkah instead of Charlotte. Wouldn't even mind if she gets the Seasonal treatment... 

Edited by Stroud

• Archanea: Lena, Julian (green dagger), Gotoh(Blue mage), Nagi(red dragon), GHB = Elice
  • Valentia: Valbar, Mycen, Python (red bow), Silque, GHB = Rudolf.
  • FE4 Gen 1: Lex, Azelle, Erin, Briggid, GHB = Aideen
  • FE4 Gen 2: I dunno
  • Thraccia: I dunno, just have Othin and I'm satisfied
  • FE6: Marcus (axe cav), Juno (sword flier), Miledy, Wolt, GHB = Percival
  • FE7: Pent(green mage), Louise, Fiora, Nergal (red mage) GHB = Fargus
  • FE8: Vanessa, Tethys (dagger dancer), Gerik, Duessel, GHB = Orson
  • FE9: Astrid, Janaff, Kieran, Brom, GHB = Ulki
  • FE10: Jill, Rafiel, Volug, Zihark, GHB = Tauroneo (axe armor)
  • FE13: Flavia, Basilio, Nah, Brady, GHB = Cynthia
  • FE14: Orochi, Rinkah, Forest, Shura, GHB = Fuga

If we're doing this based on how much we can avoid color sharing, I'll ignore some of my most wanted units such as Julian and Tatiana for this topic

FE1/11: Elice, Samson, Arran, Nagi, Lorenz (GHB)

FE2/15: Python (Red Bow), Forsyth, Luthier, Silque, Fernand (GHB)

FE3/12: Male Kris (Green Axe), Female Kris (Red Sword), Cecile, Ryan, Eremiyah (GHB)

FE4 Gen 1: Lex, Azelle, Brigid, Erinys, Holyn (GHB)

FE4 Gen 2: Shannan, Patty, Altena, Ced, Travant (GHB)

FE5: Fergus, Karin, Asvel, Lara, Galzus (GHB)

FE6: Dieck, Echidna, Guinivere (Colorless staff), Miledy, Galle (GHB)

FE7: Regular Pent (Red Tome), Regular Louise, Erk (Green Tome), Nils, Nergal (GHB)

FE8: Gerik, Tethys, Ewan (Green Tome), Saleh (Blue Tome), Caellach (GHB)

FE9: Jill (Green Axe), Zihark, Ilyana, Shinon, Ashnard (GHB)

FE10: Tormod, Muarim (Green Beast), Vika (Colorless Beast), Rafiel (Blue Beast), Jarod (GHB)

FE13: Noire, Nah (Red Dragon), Cynthia (Blue Flier), Kjelle (Axe Armor), Yarne (GHB)

FE14: Charlotte, Benny, Orochi (Red Tome), Reina, Shura (GHB)

Edited by Gregster101

2 hours ago, Stroud said:

I think the next Fates banner will be more likely to have more Hoshido units. Also I just want Rinkah to be in the game, same with Orochi and Reina. xD
The last Fates banner which has not been beasts and Adrift was a Nohr banner. Honestly I don't get why that Nohr banner had no Charlotte. And I don't know why they are hesitating there, because its so unlucky that Charlotte and Rinkah are both still left...and of course I want Rinkah instead of Charlotte. Wouldn't even mind if she gets the Seasonal treatment... 

Worst spelling of Shura, banned! 😛

Though Izana would be fairly amusing, too.

---

I'm going to limit myself to two units, max.  Or I'd never shut up about Archanea.

Archanea - WHERE'S MY TOMAS?!  I'd also be happy if Arlen made it in, since we need more grumpy people.
Valentia - I'll demand Valbar for Leon's sake.
Jugdral - Azel (his localized name doesn't sit right with me) to make Arvis happy, and Midir for my own satisfaction.
Elibe - Better call Saul.
Magvel - Knoll needs to show Eir how to use Gleipnir.
Tellius - Someone tell Stefan to stop hanging out in the desert and join the game!
Ylisse - I want to support Gregor and Athena, and the devs won't let me.
Fates - There's a distinct lack of Shura.

5 hours ago, Garlyle said:

Of course there are still more than 400 names in CYL that are not in the game, so what would be your favourite picks?

I completely agree with your Awakening picks, but I also dream of IS doing something silly: adding a 1-star Kellam to every user's roster without an announcement or message of any kind. The secret wouldn't last long, but it'd be so fitting 😄

I'll do what eclipse did and list my most wanted units for each continent, except for Jugdral because I've never played those games.

Archanea: Technically, all of my favs from here are already in, but if I had to pick someone, I'd go with Elice because Marth needs his sis. Most of the other lord sisters are in! 😛

Valentia: See Archanea, except this time I'll say Valbar because we need more armors in the actual pool rather than them being god damn seasonal all the time.

Elibe: SAIN PLEASE! Also Fiora!

Magvel: Cormag, Franz, and Kyle plz!

Tellius: KIERAN, Marcia, Boyd, Rolf, Rhys, Gatrie, Shinon, this list honestly can go on. lol

Awakening: ...Gangrel, I guess? There isn't really anyone left here I honestly want all that much. Gangrel was a decent villain though. He should've been the GHB that Walhart got imo.

Fates: Rinkah

31 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'll do what eclipse did and list my most wanted units for each continent, except for Jugdral because I've never played those games.

Archanea: Technically, all of my favs from here are already in, but if I had to pick someone, I'd go with Elice because Marth needs his sis. Most of the other lord sisters are in! 😛

Valentia: See Archanea, except this time I'll say Valbar because we need more armors in the actual pool rather than them being god damn seasonal all the time.

Elibe: SAIN PLEASE! Also Fiora!

Magvel: Cormag, Franz, and Kyle plz!

Tellius: KIERAN, Marcia, Boyd, Rolf, Rhys, Gatrie, Shinon, this list honestly can go on. lol

Awakening: ...Gangrel, I guess? There isn't really anyone left here I honestly want all that much. Gangrel was a decent villain though. He should've been the GHB that Walhart got imo.

Fates: Rinkah

>No Jill, smh

2 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

>No Jill, smh

Like I said, the Tellius list could've gone on for awhile, so it would include Jill. I'd like to see her. Zihark too.

Edited by Anacybele

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Oh man, yes. Sometimes it's hard to remember that Marth actually has immediate family…

The title is should be, not will be. My most desired are underlined.

Shadow Dragon/New Mystery

Hardin (Coyote)

Xane

Jake

Julian

Medeus

Echoes

Python

Luthier

Mycen

Zeke

Tatiana

Conrad

Geneology/Thracia

Lex

Rana

Arthur

Oifey

Patty

Othin

Tania

Ced

Travant

Binding Blade

Elphin

Echidna

Wolt

Marcus

Perceval

Gale

Blazing Sword

Marcus

Pent

Louise

Geitz

Rath

Sacred Stones

Cormag

Gerik

Tethys

Forde

Gilliam

Vanessa

Ross

Saleh

Duessel

Selena

PoR/RD

Nasir

Bastian

Lucia

Geoffery

Volke

Kieran

Pelleas

Astrid

Jill

Zihark

Tauroneo

Nolan

Shinon

Sephiran

Awakening

Say'ri

Basillio

Flavia

Priam

Fates

Rinkah

Three Houses

Claude

Edelgard

Dmitri

Byleth

Bernadetta

Ashe

Petra

Felix

Edited by Etheus

9 hours ago, eclipse said:

Worst spelling of Shura, banned! 😛

Though Izana would be fairly amusing, too.

Yowie Wowie! I guess Rinkah's weapon will be called the ban club.

6 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

>No Jill, smh

If she does not appear on the next Tellius banner I don't know anymore who sits on the chair there for deciding on what Heroes will be released. Beast only time is over (Not counting the GHB). I hope so..

Well now I also try to think more in general what kind of characters I expect or wish.

Shadow Dragon:  Xane, Elice, Nagi maybe Nyna, Jake. If Zeke should appear on the next Echoes banner Sirius should be delayed.
Mysterie: Sirius and I just count Archanea as Archanea her. Under certain cercumstances Sirius should be delayed. 

Echoes: Zeke, Tatiana, Atlas, Silque. This is a hard one. Because Silque or Tatiana.. I like Tatiana more, but Silque is also nice and she has a slight better reach to the fanbase. How they deal with this I don't know.

Genealogy: Azel, Altena, Oifey, Aida or Emperor Arvis. 

Binding Blade: Echidna (Infantry Axe of course) , Gonzales, Dieck, Wolt, Igrene

Blazing Sword: Rath, Nils, Leila, Guy. A wish I have but is unlikely: Isadora. 
As for GHB Limstella, or Mother of the Century. 

Sacred Stones: Cormag, Vanessa, Ross, Gerik, Tethys

PoR/RD: Lucia, Jill, Ena, Shinon, Astrid

Awakening: Flavia, Say'ri, Brady, Kjelle. (I swear if Kjelle would have a better Armor design she would be more popular)

Fates: Rinkah, Shura, Orochi, Reina, Hayato. Izana GHB. ( I clearly put some wishes in here)

Three Houses:
Anyothing other than, Edelgard, Claude, Dimitri and the Byleths would surprise me. Which is why I have no wishes for now. 

Some characters are more out of CYL and some are personal preferences which even may be unlikely. But Sigrun gave some hope ya know. 

I will pretty much do the games I have played.

• Archanea: Wolf (Cavalry Red Bow), Hardin (Cavalry Lance), Nyna (Infantry Blue Tome) Nagi (Infantry Green Stone), GHB: Gotoh (Infantry Red Tome)
  • Gaiden/Echoes: Deen (Infantry Sword), Zeke (Cavalry Lance), Luthier (Infantry Green Tome), Tatiana (Infantry Staff), GHB: Rinea (Flying Red Tome)
  • Blazing Sword: Fiora (Flying Sword), Heath (Flying Lance), Erk (Infantry Red Tome), Rath (Cavalry Colorless Bow), GHB: Sonia (Infantry Green Tome)
  • Sacred Stones: Gerik (Infantry Sword), Cormag (Flying Lance), Ross (Infantry Axe), Natasha (Infantry Staff) GHB: Selena (Cavalry Blue Tome)
  • Awakening: A!Anna (Infantry Sword), Kellam (Armored Lance), Vaike (Infantry Axe), Emmeryn (Infantry Staff), GHB: Gangrel (Infantry Sword)
  • Fates: Nyx (Infantry Red Tome), Benny (Armored Lance), Charlotte (Infantry Axe), F!Anna (Infantry Colorless Bow), GHB: Hans (Infantry Axe)

Archanea: Elice, Kris (M), Kris (F), and Xane. GHB eremiya

Echoes: Silque, Zeke, Tatiana, and atlus. GHB: Nuibaba

FE4: Lex, Brigid, Azel, and Edain. GHB: reptor or Aida

FE 5: Orsin, Eyvel, Karin, and Fergus. GHB: Raydrik

FE 6: Igrene, Echinda, Hugh, and Marcus. GHB: Murdock.

FE 7: Rath, Oswin, Fiora, and Farina. GHB: Sonia

FE8: Ewan, Ross, Vanessa, and syrene. GHB: Serena

Tellius: Edward, Nolan, Vika, and Calill. GHB: Ashnard

Awakening: Vaike, Say'ri, Kellem, and Mirel. GHB: gangrel.

Fates: Forrest, Kiragi, Sophie, and mitama. GHB Hans

So the idea is to have four units, one for each color, plus a free unit? M'kay, in that scenario, I suppose my picks for each game/continent would be:

Archanea: Elice (colorless), Astram (red), Midia (blue), Darros (green), Samson (free)
Gaiden/Echoes: Silque (colorless), Luthier (green), Conrad (blue), Jesse (red), Deen (free)
Genealogy of the Holy War: Edain (colorless), Azelle (red), Lex (green), Erinys (blue), Chulainn (free)
Thracia 776: Eyvel (red), Karin (blue), Asbel (green), Selfina (colorless), Raydrik (free)
Binding Blade: Perceval (red), Douglas (blue), Igrene (colorless), Echidna (green), Brunnya (free)
Blazing Blade: Isadora (red), Heath (blue), Renault (colorless), Dart (green), Harken (free)
Sacred Stones: Cormag (blue), Gerik (red), Dozla (green), Tethys (colorless), Rennac (free)
Tellius: Brom (green), Meg (red), Heather (colorless), Geoffrey (blue), Lucia (free)
Awakening: Gregor (red), Vaike (green), Miriel (blue), Brady (colorless), Gangrel (free)
Fates: Benny (blue), Charlotte (green), Dwyer (colorless), Orochi (red), Shura (free)

They aren't all necessarily my most-wanted units, but they mostly make good combinations.

"Should be?" Anyone IS wants. They're the ones with the creative rights, after all. Now, which units will be on the next banner, that indicates guessing what IS will do. And honestly, I don't know. I think the next banner is a seasonal or a legendary banner, though. Maybe they'll do something around E3 time to celebrate it.

Now, unfocusing on the question posed and looking at the first post contents, it's more "put together a list of unit who may be included in Heroes next for each main series title." The grid format is nice and easy to read. Well put-together. However, difficult to follow, since it uses pictures instead of names. (Like, you'd have to look for the CYL portraits, copy the grid format provided on the opening post, and carefully put it together, then upload it and paste it.) At least color-coding, though, can be done. Still, it's more effort than I want to put in.

So, I'll just give a quick, smaller list of units from the various main series games that I want in, what color I think they should be, and in the case of grails, indicate that. I'll also not limit myself to one of each color since IS doesn't either.

1/3/11/12: Julian (colorless or red dagger), Lena (colorless staff), Matthis (sword or lance), Rickard (green dagger.) (These guys kind of go together and would make for an interesting Forging Bonds event.) Frey (lance) is also missing from Marth's starting crew, but maybe at this point he should be added among other misc. characters. I will also punctuate that I want a red dragonstone Bantu. And Etzel looks cool, but I never got him because only Jegan died (pretending to be Marth. I thought he had the best chance of survival. Eh.) Having Jake as a colorless archer would be cool, too, but I more want a FeH Jake for FeH Anna.

2/15: Rudolf GHB sounds really good, with Lord of a Dead Empire as the BGM. I would not oppose having a Mycen TT reward, though. Now, as for the summonables, I like the idea of including Forsyth and Python. Deen and Masked Knight can also tag along.

4: Noish has an awesome name. I also want Dew and Azel. I like most of the characters about the same as each other, though. Trabant GHB would be great, though, and I want his kids in to complete the family.

5: Skip; I don't know enough about this game.

6: See above.

7: Kent (sword), Sain (lance), Nils (blue or green dragonstone and refresher unit), Leila (Matthew has been waiting since the beginning of Heroes for this.) I don't care how she gets implemented, she just needs in. Ephidel GHB or something would be cool (why is Ephidel not listed among the cast in "introduction" under "characters" on SF's FE7 page?)

8: Franz, Forde, and Kyle for a Knights of Renais banner. Maybe Fado can somehow get in here, too, since he matches the theme pretty well. He'd be the main focus unit. Orson GHB. I also want Artur, Colm and Neimi to get in eventually. Ewan, Tethys, and Saleh could have their own banner, too.

9: Gatrie (lance), Shinon (colorless or green bow), Rhys (blue tome or colorless staff), Boyd (axe). Rolf also needs in here. Hmm I'll revise it to this: Gatrie (lance), Rhys (blue tome or colorless staff), Boyd (axe), Rolf (red or green bow) and Shinon (GHB; colorless bow.) I want pretty much everyone in this game, but the GM's are my main focus. Also, this would be an awesome group for a Forging Bonds event, except that I'd rather it exclude Rhys than Shinon, given the other GM's involved.

10: Skipping. My main Tellius focus is on 9.

13: Basilio, Flavia, Gangrel, and Yen'fay. Sure, why not? Leaders of the World who are not Chrom, Walhart, or Emmeryn. Hubba GHB Validar GHB, I guess, though Aversa would've been better, being one who leads people to ruin and all.

14: I've only played Hoshido, and even that I'm not finished with yet, so... Reina, Orochi, Yukimura and Sumeragi for an "old Hoshido" theme, I guess? The former 3 were Mikoto's retainers, I think. Sumeragi because I want him in and out of the remaining cast, he actually fits the theme the best, even though I think he'd make a better grails unit. I want Shura in the most, though. If the other ninjas weren't in yet, a banner with Saizo, Kaze, Kagero, and Shura with Kotaro as the GHB would've been great. I'd love to see a Forging Bonds event of that, discussing honor and the various routes the characters took in their little sidestory (which is only hinted at in the game. I wanted something more in depth on this subplot.)

16: It's not released yet so I dunno.

Misc.: I'd like Rinea to appear on a parallel banner to the second Fallen Heroes banner. (Bantu could be on there, too, being Tiki's parallel. Mikoto (though I'd rather have Sumeragi), that one lady who raised Mareeta, and Luthier would also be part of the parallel event, with, I guess, Luthier as the TT reward or whatever since his sister was a GHB unit.)

Well. That took longer than intended.

8 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Blazing Blade: Isadora (red), Heath (blue), Renault (colorless), Dart (green), Harken (free)

No Sain and/or Fiora, dude? You even have them in your sig and we've talked about how we both like them! I'm surprised at you here, FE Fan.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

I'm not sure if most people consider Frey to be a part of Marth's OG crew. 

He was retroactively added in, after all.

So was Faye and she is in. Frey deserves a chance too.

18 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

I'm not sure if most people consider Frey to be a part of Marth's OG crew. 

He was retroactively added in, after all.

14 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

So was Faye and she is in. Frey deserves a chance too.

Frey best Archanea cav, fite me