Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield Direct

Dai

Corviknight is 7'3 and I want one so much.

I don't even care if its previous form should it have one evolves late like Rowlet, I just want one so much.

Edited by Dai

Awesome direct. The new Pokémon look really cool. Wooloo looks cool, and, as much as there already was a sheep Pokémon, I wouldn't want the initial Normal-Type Pokémon in a region based on Great Britain to be anything else. Gossifleur seems interesting; I just hope either another Pokémon or one of its evolutions looks like a thistle (the national flower of Scotland). Corviknight seems really cool, and I love the idea of a Black Knight Pokémon being a raven; do you think perhaps it'll cry out, "T'is but a scratch!" upon fainting? Dreadnaw is really neat; a clever pun on Dreadnaught. And the legendaries look cool. I wonder when the memes about Great Grey Wolf Sif being a Pokémon will start. 

I love that there are places where wild Pokémon appear in the overworld (hopefully now I can avoid zubats without buying 100 repels) and you can rotate the camera. Fantastic. 

However; I have mixed feelings about the Dynamax system. It feels like every Pokémon game since gen 6 has been trying to have the ultimate power-up that 1-ups the previous game's power-up. First, it was Mega Evolutions, then z-moves (both of which were really cool; don't get me wrong), and now it's that the Pokémon grows massive for three turns. It just doesn't feel as creative as the previous two. 

I'm not sure if there's another thread talking about this or not, but on May 23 there was a leak. The stuff in the leak ended up being eerily accurate to what we saw in the Direct, going as far as accurately detailing every character we saw in the Direct by name. I'll show the reddit post that has a link to the screenshot of the leak, but you can see the stuff in that leak in a comment a simple scroll down below.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/bx2hnp/spoiler_pokemon_ss_leak_confirmed_by_direct/

6 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

The giant transformations seem kind of....lame. With mega Evolutions some Pokemon got cool new design. With giants evolution they just get big. 

Agreed. I was more intrigued by the three purple crystals spinning above their heads when they transform, than by the actual transformations. 

5 hours ago, Aera said:

Didn't know Naesala is going to be in this game.

Oh great; we're going to have to pay a lot of money to use him in Pokémon battles; aren't we?

I wonder when the player gets access to Rump Command for Dynamax activation? Also, Joltik should be able to do it every time a Pokemon physically collides with it, given how it anti-dwarfs all the others.

The boxart legendaries look rather dull and uninspired, particularly the shield one.

GameXplain put up their analysis!

I'm watching it now. 🙂

EDIT: Oh, there's going to be a second part to this. Should've known, lol. Video actually felt shorter than it should've been for a GameXplain analysis on a big trailer like this. lol

Edited by Anacybele