Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated announced!

Perkilator

This game was my jam back in the day (mostly 201), so you have no clue how much joy I had!

…Unfortunately, no gameplay was shown off. In addition, it won’t be at E3. Maybe they don’t have gameplay to show off yet?

Oh wow, I remember BfBB. Was tons of fun... though I was never actually able to beat the final boss. I've long lost the game as well.

Would be nice to get this remake.

Holy hell, I remember I got Battle for Bikini Bottom for my birthday one year.

As far as I remember, it was one of the good Spongey Boi games of the time.  Definitely deserves a remake more than some games out there.

3 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

I remember renting a 3D platformer with lots of collectibles is this that game?

Could be this one or the movie game. There may also be more, I'm not sure.

Never played this game but I've heard a lot of good things about it and since I did like the first seasons of Spongebob a lot I would buy this one. 

I did own another PS2 Spongebob game but I'm pretty sure it wasn't this one. It was Spongebob curse of the flying dutchman. Never completed it. I just kind of got bored at one point of that one.

At last, the rightful king returns. According to the Steam page...

Are you ready, kids? The cult classic is back, faithfully remade in spongetastic splendor! Play as SpongeBob, Patrick and Sandy and show the evil Plankton that crime pays even less than Mr. Krabs. Want to save Bikini Bottom from lots of rampant robots with your mighty bubbles? Of course you do! Want to underpants bungee jump? Why wouldn't you! Want to join forces in a brand new multiplayer mode? The battle is on!

GAME FEATURES
Play as SpongeBob, Patrick and Sandy and use their unique sets of skills
Thwart Plankton's evil plan to rule Bikini Bottom with his army of wacky robots
Meet countless characters from the beloved series

REMAKE FEATURES
Faithful remake of one of the best SpongeBob games ever created
High-end visuals, modern resolutions and carefully polished gameplay
Brand new horde mode multiplayer for up to two players, online and splitscreen
Restored content that was cut from the original game like the Robo Squidward boss fight and more

Huh, adding cut content is much more than what I was expecting, especially a whole new boss fight. It makes me wonder just how much new content this remake will have?

I was so confused why I saw those magical words on my Twitter sidebar... "Battle for Bikini Bottom"...

Freaking awesome game, excited to get to play it again. Used to be one of the few games I had on my Gamecube growing up.

8 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

I remember renting a 3D platformer with lots of collectibles is this that game?

Could have been. There are certainly a good number of collectibles in the game (though some were level exclusive).

Then again this game is kinda one of many Mario 64-like games...

5 hours ago, Hekselka said:

Never played this game but I've heard a lot of good things about it and since I did like the first seasons of Spongebob a lot I would buy this one. 

I did own another PS2 Spongebob game but I'm pretty sure it wasn't this one. It was Spongebob curse of the flying dutchman. Never completed it. I just kind of got bored at one point of that one.

I heard that Curse of the Flying Dutchman was of poor quality, or at least was not as good as THQ's Spongebob games. Don't remember which, but I do remember having CotFD on Gameboy Advance...

5 hours ago, De Geso said:

Could be this one or the movie game. There may also be more, I'm not sure.

As far as I know this and the Movie game were the only ones of their kind within the Spongebob games.

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Huh, adding cut content is much more than what I was expecting, especially a whole new boss fight. It makes me wonder just how much new content this remake will have?

Besides Robo Squidward, there was also a section of the Spongebob's Dream level that would have been Patrick's dream, but was cut and replaced with what we actually got (an entirely blank area where you get a Spatula for free...)

We might also have a chance to get the Robo Musclebob battle restored.

If you'd like to find more, here's the link to The Cutting Room Floor page on Battle for Bikini Bottom. Very interesting read, the Nasty Sundae would have been interesting to have...

Edited by Xenomata

I was under the impression that movie/cartoon games of this era all sucked. A Bug's Life and Stuart Little 2 for PS1 were fun and good although I never beat either, A Bug's Life in particular being damn HARD omg. Not what you'd expect from a game based on a cutesy animated movie about bugs. Not sure why, but I always thought once the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube era came along there would no longer be decent games based on movies and cartoons. Maybe I played one of the bad ones.

This is cool for sure but there are a lot of other Switch games that have priority for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...