Res' infinite questions about FE4 hacking

Guest Res

Just gonna make one thread about all of my questions, including future ones, because boy I have a lot of them😐

1-Changing the items you get from talk events Ex: changing the Silver Sword Alvis gives to Sigurd to something else.

2-Battle animation pallettes. I can't find a clear way of changing the unique pallettes.

You don't have to answer both questions. Anything helps!

On 6/6/2019 at 12:21 AM, Guest Res said:

1-Changing the items you get from talk events Ex: changing the Silver Sword Alvis gives to Sigurd to something else.

iirc, you should search for Alvis ID + Sigurd ID + Silver Sword ID in hex editor

Battle palletes are stored at 0x1788AD, also i'm pretty sure there are modules for editing those.

Also, the event for the Silver sword gain is located at 0x3187BB, the 0x0A is the Silver sword in the obtained.

Edited by lightcosmo

Thank you for the answeres! I hope I can figure out hex editing...

But now, I have a stupid problem. Sigurd can't seize, probably because I changed his class.

Is there anything I can do?

Okay, I found something.

Go to 05E63C: Change 22 2D A0 84 to 22 33 A3 84
Go to 05E641: Change 06 to 01
Go to 05E646: Change 2C to 19

This will let Sigurd and Celice seize based on their character ID rather than class-Shin

And about changing the weapon you get from events, since I don't know the weapon IDs, I'm totally lost 😑.

Dang it, I need to really learn hex editing....

4 hours ago, Resuno said:

Okay, I found something.

Go to 05E63C: Change 22 2D A0 84 to 22 33 A3 84
Go to 05E641: Change 06 to 01
Go to 05E646: Change 2C to 19

This will let Sigurd and Celice seize based on their character ID rather than class-Shin

And about changing the weapon you get from events, since I don't know the weapon IDs, I'm totally lost 😑.

Dang it, I need to really learn hex editing....

You need to use the nightmare program to use Lamia's FE4 nightmare modules, and open FE4 player weapon editor. From there go to 09-0A and either change the Silver Sword there, or change it in the offset I told you before. Changing it via nightmare is a lot easier, of course.

Edited by lightcosmo

Oh wait! I have another question.

Is there any way to give enemy characters Holy Blood? For my case, I'd like to give DiMaggio Major Hezul blood.

I tried it in a certain way, and corrupted the whole thing. Thank Naga for backups!

4 hours ago, Resuno said:

Oh wait! I have another question.

Is there any way to give enemy characters Holy Blood? For my case, I'd like to give DiMaggio Major Hezul blood.

I tried it in a certain way, and corrupted the whole thing. Thank Naga for backups!

Pretty sure there's an enemy holy blood editor somewhere as well.

Wait, I have more questions!

Is there a way to remove enemy units? I feel like there's way too many enemies for how I would like my hack to be, and the Army Editor leaves me confused...again.

Edited by Resuno
I'm dumb.

5 hours ago, Resuno said:

Wait, I have more questions!

Is there a way to remove enemy units? I feel like there's way too many enemies for how I would like my hack to be, and the Army Editor leaves me confused...again.

I think you can use that Army Editor to reduce the number of enemies spawning.

After all this time, I still haven't found a way of editing the custom pallettes! I haven't found any Nightmare modules that actually change the colours, only pointer editors.

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 2:11 PM, Resuno said:

After all this time, I still haven't found a way of editing the custom pallettes! I haven't found any Nightmare modules that actually change the colours, only pointer editors.

Ah, you have to use SNES pal to edit palletes. You need to take a snapshot of a battle sprite with the pallete set, and use a program like usenti to figure out the colors values, and put those into SNES pal to search and edit them. Who's are you trying to change? I could help out a bit more then.

Edited by lightcosmo

17 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Ah, you have to use SNES pal to edit palletes. You need to take a snapshot of a battle sprite with the pallete set, and use a program like usenti to figure out the colors values, and put those into SNES pal to search and edit them. Who's are you trying to change? I could help out a bit more then.

Well then, I guess we can start with Noish. In his case, I wanna change both his unpromoted and promoted pallette, since I changed his classes.

5 hours ago, Resuno said:

Well then, I guess we can start with Noish. In his case, I wanna change both his unpromoted and promoted pallette, since I changed his classes.

If you open the SNES pal program, and go to address $202A85 and you change that color to something drastic like blue, and test it in game, it should change. every other color is right over to the right. Most palletes are in that area, so they're not too hard to find. Also, if you changed his class, you need to assign that pallete to the class he's currently using, since it's set to Social Knight normally.

Edited by lightcosmo

Okay, I managed to change unpromoted Noish's pallette (didn't need to change his promoted one), but can you help me with one more thing? I can't find Lex's pallette. I know he just has one, but I can't find the matching colors in SNESPal...