44 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Flier

• Wyvern
    • Pegasus

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pegasi are better. They're prettier and more majestic looking. And Peg knights tend to get better designs overall too imo. I also think a lot of Peg knights tend to be better in the gameplay department.

I prefer Wyverns overall. In most games I've played, I found Pegasus Knights to be quite weak when compared to their Wvyern counterparts, specifically in Tellius, FE7, and Fates. You may get them earlier, but due to their inability to reliably kill stuff, their innate weakness to arrows, and generally low defences, which compromises their high mobility quite a lot, I tend to prefer using Wyverns over them.

Of course, games like FE11, 12 and Echoes are exceptions, mostly because Pegasi promote to Wyverns in the former two, and Wyverns don't exist in the latter, where Pegasi are at their strongest they've ever been in my opinion. Awakening is an exception as well. That game is probably the only one that managed to make Pegasi preferable to Wyverns, because Sumia, Cordelia, and Cynthia are overall better units than Cherche and Gerome.

12 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I prefer Wyverns overall. In most games I've played, I found Pegasus Knights to be quite weak when compared to their Wvyern counterparts, specifically in Tellius, FE7, and Fates. You may get them earlier, but due to their inability to reliably kill stuff, their innate weakness to arrows, and generally low defences, which compromises their high mobility quite a lot, I tend to prefer using Wyverns over them.

Wyvern/Dragon riders have this weakness as well (outside of Radiant Dawn).

As someone who is know for hating Pegasi, I think my answer is pretty obvious.

Also OP, why can't you just make one thread and change the poll, instead of clogging up the board with multiple threads?

Edited by NinjaMonkey

...Wow, I seriously expected Pegasi to be more popular here (although maybe not exactly for all the right reasons, seeing as many Peg knights are good looking women). Disappointing.

Edited by Anacybele

2 hours ago, BLSoldier said:

Wyvern/Dragon riders have this weakness as well (outside of Radiant Dawn).

True, but a Wyvern Rider can survive an arrow should it come to that, while Pegasus Knights usually can't. I probably should have written something like "their weakness to arrows combined with generally low defences" instead of what I typed there.

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

...Wow, I seriously expected Pegasi to be more popular here (although maybe not exactly for all the right reasons, seeing as many Peg knights are good looking women). Disappointing.

How is that disappointing? There's tons of great wyvern riders in the series

34 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

And there aren't tons of great Pegasus knights? Imo, there are way more of those than great wyvern riders. There are only a few good wyvern riders. And Peg knights are typically better gameplay wise too, like I said (they're fast and can do decent damage and can tank hits from mages because they often have high Res. Wyverns, on the other hand, tend to be slow and die easily to magic, and their only generally good stat is Str. Not all of them are like this, but yeah). Besides, as I said, Pegasus knights are often good looking women, so I figured some people would prefer them at least for that, even if I don't think that should be the only reason to like them.

I prefer Pegasus, and hate Wyvern/dragon in most games. I just don't like how they are always depicted as super powerful beings,  but really it's mostly because of Yugioh that turn Dragon into my most hated mythical creature. There are a few exception, but very few. 

I like both a lot, but I'd probably say I prefer pegasi more mainly because they are more prominent since more often than not you get 2-3 peg knights per game while you could only get 1 or 2 wyvern riders. Also I just happen to like a lot pegasus knight characters like Caeda, Clair, the Whitewings, Tanith, Sigrun, Sumia, Cordelia and Tana in comparison to the wyevrn riders I really like, which is only a few.

1 hour ago, Gregster101 said:

Saying there's tons of great wyvern riders in the series reeks heavily of exaggeration. Besides Melady, Haar, and Camilla, just how many of the wyvern riders in the series can legitimately be called great???

Anyway, my answer is pegasi. There are honestly only a few standout wyvern riders in the series.

Edited by Shadow Mir

13 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Saying there's tons of great wyvern riders in the series reeks heavily of exaggeration. Besides Melady, Haar, and Camilla, just how many of the wyvern riders in the series can legitimately be called great???

Anyway, my answer is pegasi. There are honestly only a few standout wyvern riders in the series.

Jill would like to have a word with you. Altena and Deen too

27 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Jill would like to have a word with you. Altena and Deen too

I assume you meant Dean (Deen is from a different game entirely). And I would disagree with you on Jill - she's underleveled in one game of the two games with her, and she has sorry base stats for her level in the other. Altena looks great on paper, but she gets decimated by magic, and apparently the point of the game where she's relevant is more magic focused.

23 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

I assume you meant Dean (Deen is from a different game entirely). And I would disagree with you on Jill - she's underleveled in one game of the two games with her, and she has sorry base stats for her level in the other. Altena looks great on paper, but she gets decimated by magic, and apparently the point of the game where she's relevant is more magic focused.

She's still very useful in both games though. Like, she's easily the best unit from the Dawn Brigade

4 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

She's still very useful in both games though. Like, she's easily the best unit from the Dawn Brigade

Which I generally find hard to believe since she's not really worth the extra work to get up to speed. Admittedly, I'd had some really bad luck with using her. In both games. Especially Path of Radiance where she doesn't have the growths to be a shoe-in for a team slot.

Edited by Shadow Mir

4 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Which I generally find hard to believe since she's not really worth the extra work to get up to speed. Admittedly, I'd had some really bad luck with using her. In both games. Especially Path of Radiance where she doesn't have the growths to be a shoe-in for a team slot.

You didn't even try to use her then dumbass

1 hour ago, Gregster101 said:

You didn't even try to use her then dumbass

You really think insulting me helps your point? Because it doesn't. And it's obviously uncalled for, besides.