Video of the special edition on display, new images

Cysx

17 minutes ago, Owain Dark said:

Are sure it's the protags and not just some characters? And I don't think Edelgard is that much smaller than Claude. 

Yeah I didn't think Edelgard was that much shorter, but then again I don't think we've ever seen them standing next to each other. I can barely make out a blue belt around the guy to the girls left so I'm pretty sure that it is Dimitri. No idea who the one to his left is, though I assume they will all be somewhat important.

Edited by SpiceMan

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

That's about how tall she is compared to him here.

tumblr_pmw0kn8h3d1swunds_1280.thumb.png.2dedecacda188bebef732549199ff654.png

Aight, thanks. Yeah than it's the protags/important charas on that page of the art book. 

Btw does anyone know what kind of USB the stick is (ie 2, 3, micro, type c..)? 

Yeah this is going to be special!
But i do wonder, how "spoilerefic" the artbook will be?

And Rhea keeps on looking creapy,but that screen with black figure on crimson BG( above Rhea sligtly on the left), is that Edelgard?

Edited by User name

4 minutes ago, User name said:

And Rhea keeps on looking creapy,but that screen with black figure on crimson BG( above Rhea sligtly on the left), is that Edelgard?

Good point. I normally would love to look through the artbook before playing the game though I think I will try and hold off on that until I beat the game on all routes, just in case there are big spoilerinos.

44 minutes ago, User name said:

Well Fates's art book had art of the true final boss I think Awakening did as well can't recall but its safe to say if you want to avoid spoilers refrain from looking at the artbook when playing.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

22 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Well Fates's art book had art of the true final boss I think Awakening did as well can't recall but its safe to say if you want to avoid spoilers refrain from looking at the artbook when playing.

Don't forget the artwork section in bowts game guide also showed the main boss. 

But yeah, I think the art book will show every story character. 

As for that Screenshot of the art book with Rhea and Claude, I've figured it's probably Sothis, Byleth, Dimitri, Edelgard, Claude and Rhea standing next to each other. 

22 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Well Fates's art book had art of the true final boss

Not the special edition one at the very least. The most spoilery thing I could find in there is Azura being slightly consumed by purple matter. No trace of Anankos and very little Valla.

25 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Not the special edition one at the very least. The most spoilery thing I could find in there is Azura being slightly consumed by purple matter. No trace of Anankos and very little Valla.

The special edition art book actually does have sketches of Anankos' head and neck both with and without the mask. It also has a full body shot of slime Garon, a full page spread of the Vallite Castle, as well as some forms of the Yato (but not the final form). At least in the US.

3 minutes ago, Ressueah said:

The special edition art book actually does have sketches of Anankos' head and neck both with and without the mask. It also has a full body shot of slime Garon, a full page spread of the Vallite Castle, as well as some forms of the Yato (but not the final form). At least in the US.

We don't have the same one then, I went through it three times to make sure before I posted

Edit: We're talking this one on the right, correct?

136173711.jpeg

Edited by Cysx

2 hours ago, Slumber said:

This would be pretty cool...

... if Nintendo was willing to ship more than 8 of these. 

Come to Ireland, it's still up for preorder at gamestop here lol

36 minutes ago, Cysx said:

I just look through my SE art book just now and it DEFINITELY does have sketches of Anankos in it (also including Slime Garon). This is the one with all 3 path in one.

Man am I happy that I’m in Europe the Pins and the USB stick look really cool and the Artbook. By the way the back of the steel book isn’t that exactly the theory that the mural of the goddess was painted over the original being Byleth’s crest?

Just now, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

I just look through my SE art book just now and it DEFINITELY does have sketches of Anankos in it (also including Slime Garon). This is the one with all 3 path in one.

Yeah, that's what I have. Weird.

Just now, Cysx said:

Yeah, that's what I have. Weird.

I looked at an unboxing video of the European SE. The pages with Garon and Anankos are absent. It seems the translated sketch notes are also missing from that book. Since it released later in Europe, they might have learned their lesson and removed them for spoilers. I couldn't find anything spoilery in the Echoes art book for example.

7 minutes ago, Disclaimer said:

A couple of us on Discord potentially spotted 

LEAK SPOILERS

Hide contents

An eyepatch in the green image on the right page: unknown.png

Where do you see an eyepatch? I can't see anything in the green image

1 minute ago, Ressueah said:

I looked at an unboxing video of the European SE. The pages with Garon and Anankos are absent. It seems the translated sketch notes are also missing from that book. Since it released later in Europe, they might have learned their lesson and removed them for spoilers. I couldn't find anything spoilery in the Echoes art book for example.

Makes sense, thanks for looking it up:)
Well then mine is both more and less relevant I guess, so... eh?

7 minutes ago, Alexios Blake said:

By the way the back of the steel book isn’t that exactly the theory that the mural of the goddess was painted over the original being Byleth’s crest?

Yup. In general it's interesting that they'd show a broken mural on something like that. Heavy symbology, and I'd almost be willing to say that's straight up foreshadowing.

I hope the artbook isn't too spoilery since I'll probably end up looking through that first when I open my SE.

15 minutes ago, Owain Dark said:

Where do you see an eyepatch? I can't see anything in the green image

8 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Me neither barely looks like anything.

Spoiler

unknown.png6CRbz6N.png

I kind of see an eye, not an eyepatch. I've highlighted it to help others see it. It's very faint, but there is something there.

And that cracked Mural looks really cool!

9 minutes ago, Lord_Grima said:

I kind of see an eye, not an eyepatch. I've highlighted it to help others see it. It's very faint, but there is something there.

You may be right there, actually. I was seeing the eyelash line as something else!