Cristina Vee is not voicing Edelgard anymore

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A shame, because I love her voicework. Every character she voiced has usually ended up as one of my favourites from their respective game just for the voicework alone. Tatiana, Velvet, and Serina come to mind as specific examples.

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

A shame, because I love her voicework. Every character she voiced has usually ended up as one of my favourites from their respective game just for the voicework alone. Tatiana, Velvet, and Serina come to mind as specific examples.

I agree, her work is awesome. Makes me wonder who voices Edelgard now... I swear to God, if it's Erica Lindbeck, I'll bench Futaba

Based on that Twitter thread, it's not the only role she lost. Now I'm just sitting here wondering what the hell happened. There must not have been much voice work done by the trailer at E3 last year if they could just go and replace her.

Ugh, what a pain. She sounded really good in the role from what we heard.

Seriously what happened? Or more importantly how long was this? If she's not the only case, then maybe that explains why they're not showing any English clips.

So sad honestly, I really love her work and I hope they bring her back for another role in the future.

Christina Vee always puts in great performences from what roles I know her from. So a shame she's not Edelgard anymore. 

Perhaps conflicting schedules are too blame for this?

If she lost multiple roles, she could have had another engagement or personal matter that prevented her from doing reshoots or otherwise conflicted.

Sad regardless. I enjoyed her as Edelgard from what little we'd heard. 

Huh, that's a shame, she sounded pretty good. Seems like there's a complicated reason for it since she also doesn't reprise her role in an anime movie.

Curious to know who will be voicing her now. 

16 minutes ago, Owain Dark said:

I agree, her work is awesome. Makes me wonder who voices Edelgard now... I swear to God, if it's Erica Lindbeck, I'll bench Futaba

I think Erica Lindbeck's pretty great, too. Her work as Celica, Magilou and of course Futaba has been top notch.

Personally, if it was Eden Riegel voicing Edelgard, she'll officially be my favourite character in Three Houses. #voiceactorbias
As far as the Japanese voices go, that spot belongs to Sothis for being voiced by Tomoyo Kurosawa, who was perfect as Christophorus, who is my favourite character in Nights of Azure, the sequel, and Warriors All-Stars.

Edited by DragonFlames

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I think Erica Lindbeck's pretty great, too. Her work as Celica, Magilou and of course Futaba has been top notch.

Personally, if it was Eden Riegel voicing Edelgard, she'll officially be my favourite character in Three Houses. #voiceactorbias
As far as the Japanese voices go, that spot belongs to Sothis for being voiced by Tomoyo Kurosawa, who was perfect as Christophorus, who is my favourite character in Nights of Azure, the sequel, and Warriors All-Stars.

Eden Riegel would be a fine "replacement" actually, hell get Sam Riegel to voice M.Byleth or Dimitri while we at it.....for scientific reasons of course......

3 minutes ago, User name said:

Eden Riegel would be a fine "replacement" actually, hell get Sam Riegel to voice M.Byleth or Dimitri while we at it.....for scientific reasons of course......

What you're implying (voice actors being siblings, yet their characters get romantically involved) CAN actually happen already. Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars has the main character Wake voiced by Sam Riegel and one of the potential love interests Ellie (who gets pushed quite hard from the get go) voiced by Eden Riegel.

In all seriousness, though, I wouldn't mind having Sam Riegel voicing a character in Three Houses, either. He's a pretty great voice actor, too.

Edited by DragonFlames

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

What you're implying (voice actors being siblings, yet their characters get romantically involved) CAN actually happen already. Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars has the main character Wake voiced by Sam Riegel and one of the potential love interests Ellie (who gets pushed quite hard from the get go) voiced by Eden Riegel.

In all seriousness, though, I wouldn't mind having Sam Riegel voicing a character in Three Houses, either. He's a pretty great voice actor, too.

Yeah Persona 4 Golden comes to mind too.

Go wright youre poetic poem Edelgard

Either it was a placeholder or a NDA was broken. Robbie Daymond, who revealed he was involved in Three Houses on Twitter a week ago, deleted the tweet in question, likely because he wasn't supposed to talk about it yet. I do know breaking NDAs are serious business in the voice acting world.

Edelgard kinda sounded like either Carrie Keranen or Tara Platt in the February direct trailer. 

4 minutes ago, User name said:

Yeah Persona 4 Golden comes to mind too.

Go wright youre poetic poem Edelgard

Hehe, yeah. I completely forgot about that somehow.

4 minutes ago, BZL8 said:

Either it was a placeholder or a NDA was broken. Robbie Daymond, who revealed he was involved in Three Houses on Twitter a week ago, deleted the tweet in question, likely because he wasn't supposed to talk about it yet. I do know breaking NDAs are serious business in the voice acting world.

Edelgard kinda sounded like either Carrie Keranen or Tara Platt in the February direct trailer. 

So, either we have the voice of Sara Valestein/Arianna Caledonia or the voice of Wang Yuanji as Edelgard...? I can live with that.

If Robbie Daymond is actually involved with Three Houses, I'll celebrate. I loved the guy as Akechi in Persona 5, Tobin in SoV, and Alto in Stella Glow.

Edited by DragonFlames

...Wait, so they're just changing the VA in the middle of development? That's stupid, because either we're going to start hearing a different voice for her halfway through the game or they have to take time to re-record all the lines that Vee did with a new VA and that could push the NA release back. Stupid bullshit.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

...Wait, so they're just changing the VA in the middle of development? That's stupid, because either we're going to start hearing a different voice for her halfway through the game or they have to take time to re-record all the lines that Vee did with a new VA and that could push the NA release back. Stupid bullshit.

More likely that she just did the voice for a trailer, rather than the full game. Happens pretty regularly, for whatever reason. The Kid Icarus Uprising trailer, for instance, has some similar sounding guy for Pit before they got Antony Del Rio, and pretty much none of the dialogue from that trailer is in the game.

Just now, Anacybele said:

...Wait, so they're just changing the VA in the middle of development? That's stupid, because either we're going to start hearing a different voice for her halfway through the game or they have to take time to re-record all the lines that Vee did with a new VA and that could push the release back. Stupid bullshit.

Unlikely. Replacement VA probably already finished recording the lines (and redubbed lines that Vee already did, if the initial voicework was not a placeholder) long before it would even have an effect on the release date.

2 minutes ago, Johann said:

More likely that she just did the voice for a trailer, rather than the full game. Happens pretty regularly, for whatever reason. The Kid Icarus Uprising trailer, for instance, has some similar sounding guy for Pit before they got Antony Del Rio, and pretty much none of the dialogue from that trailer is in the game.

That would've been quite some time ago though, wouldn't it? TH is only a little more than a month out from release. So either that Tweet is from months ago or Vee already did a lot of recording.

Just now, BZL8 said:

Unlikely. Replacement VA probably already finished recording the lines (and redubbed lines that Vee already did, if the initial voicework was not a placeholder) long before it would even have an effect on the release date.

See what I said above.