Cristina Vee is not voicing Edelgard anymore

This is a shame. I would’ve loved Cristina Vee as Edelgard, she would’ve been perfect imo! But these things happen, it can’t be helped. I’m pretty sure the new VA will be awesome too!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wow, I had no idea voice actors were treated so poorly. They can just be brought on as placeholders and then thrown out like garbage at any time? And they can record a character's entire dialogue and then just get dropped like a hot tamale later without being told? That is cruel. If I was one of those VAs, I'd feel pissed that all the hard work I did was for nothing. No wonder some VAs went on strike and all.

Also, this doesn't make sense financially for the game devs if they actually paid for these recordings. Why pay for something and then not use it in the end? You're just losing money. Auditions are a thing too. They'd find just the VA they're looking for this way without losing money.

I mean we don't know how much Vee recorded, it could've just been the trailer for all we know. As someone said, they could've still been auditioning, Vee was free to do some quick voice work so they called her up to do the trailer. Or maybe Vee was asking for too much and they went for a cheaper alternative. Vee is a pretty higher tier VA, especially in anime so naturally she would be more expensive to hire in comparison to a lesser known VA or someone just willing to work for cheaper. And of coarse there is the whole NDA thing seeing as she unofficially announced she was Edelegard and thus got sacked. We'll never know.

At the end of the day it's business and business isn't always fair

30 minutes ago, TheGoodHoms said:

Alexis Tipton and Tara Platt are both great actresses in my opinion, I'd be pretty happy if it turns out to be one of them.

Still feel bad for Christina Vee, she was obviously really exited about voicing Edelgard.

Alexis Tipton is good for some roles, but I personally don't think she'd work well for Edelgard. Her Clair and Palla are good, but I'm not a fan of her Lucina, and Edelgard seems more like a Lucina-type character. Tara Platt would probably be good, though.

3 minutes ago, Owain Dark said:

Apparently, the Voice Director/s kicked Cristina in real auditions. 

I've asked her and that's what Cristina answered me:

Now we can wonder in what direction they pushed Edelgard.. 

It sounds like she's...trying too hard, I guess(?) to convince people that she's okay with it. I get the feeling she's quite disappointed herself.

8 minutes ago, Azz said:

And of coarse there is the whole NDA thing seeing as she unofficially announced she was Edelegard and thus got sacked. We'll never know.

I would be surprised if that's it. It would be somewhat justified with Robbie Daymond since we didn't know anything about his role beforehand but Edelgard was depicted with Vee as the VA from the very first trailer. It was very obviously Vee for anyone familiar with her work and as such it was already out in the open. 

2 minutes ago, Florete said:

It sounds like she's...trying too hard, I guess(?) to convince people that she's okay with it. I get the feeling she's quite disappointed herself.

For someone who gets steady work like herself, it's probably not a major deal. Odds are the person they recast her with is a friend of hers, given how small the pool of regular talent for games and anime is, in which case she'd probably be happy for them.

6 minutes ago, Johann said:

For someone who gets steady work like herself, it's probably not a major deal. Odds are the person they recast her with is a friend of hers, given how small the pool of regular talent for games and anime is, in which case she'd probably be happy for them.

Yeah. I think Kira Buckland may be Edelgard now, since they're kinda friends or something. 

As for Robbie, it's weird that he had to delete his tweet, since he didn't mention what character he voices. Erica and Max had to delete  tweets too, but I'm not sure if those were FE16 related. 

19 minutes ago, Jandopo said:

Nintendo Treehouse is at it again...

It's actually Cup of Tea productions... Which honestly feels weird because we like to pin all of our localization frustrations on Tree House, lol.

Just now, Owain Dark said:

Yeah. I think Kira Buckland may be Edelgard now, since they're kinda friends or something. 

As for Robbie, it's weird that he had to delete his tweet, since he didn't mention what character he voices. Erica and Max had to delete  tweets too, but I'm not sure if those were FE16 related. 

Yeah most of those people work with each other regularly and get along great or are close friends. 

With the tweets, it's most likely them wanting to be sure that it's still their voice work and the role hadn't been recast. Saying he's in the game might not necessarily be against the NDA, which is usually more to prevent people from leaking the game's announcement itself or DLC stuff. After it's properly revealed, it's fair game to talk about, but you might feel embarrassed to say you're in it when you had been recast without knowing.

10 minutes ago, Aera said:

It's actually Cup of Tea productions... Which honestly feels weird because we like to pin all of our localization frustrations on Tree House, lol.

Oh, I'm sorry!

All this time I thought Treehouse was the one localising Three Houses.

9 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

It really sucks that Cristina Vee is no longer voicing Edelgard, cuz she's one of my favorite female vas. This makes me fear that if Tatiana is ever added to Heroes, Cristina will be recasted

Plot twist:She now voices Rhea.

The crests are not to blame after all.

Edited by User name

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Then why are we just being told NOW? Why weren't we told sooner?

Because they’re at no obligation of ever telling us. Internal changes happen all the time whenever anything is being made, and for the most part the general public never finds out. 

42 minutes ago, Jandopo said:

Oh, I'm sorry!

Actually, we don't know who's doing the translating aspect of localization. We just know Cup Of Tea is doing the voice localization (it was confirmed). 

I guess you could say the voice directors didn't......reach for her hand. 

On a more serious note though, this is a bummer. Oh well, we'll see how it all plays out.

Hmm, I hope they don't drastically change Edelgard's personality. Such a shame. I love Christina Vee and I am especially a fan of hers from Miraculous Ladybug and Sailor Moon (she voiced Mars). 😞

3 hours ago, Hero_Lucina said:

Sad for Vee as I found her via heroes as Lachesis/Raquesis and I've followed her via Digimon's Meiko. Honestly I'd like to see some of the VA's who debuted in heroes come on board for this game. Heroes has so many great VAs

Agreed. Heroes has really shown there's a deeper pool of VA's out there that deserve to be better recognized.

2 hours ago, Jandopo said:

Oh, I'm sorry!

They might be, but outside studios handle the voice work. For example, Formosa handled Fates' voicework while Treehouse did the localization.

If you asked me to remember what Edelgard sounded like in the first trailer I...could not. Only what was said. So this change is no skin off my back. This discussion of VAs only reminds me how we have almost nothing to go on as far as what our version of the game will sound like. That Direct in February DID have English voice acting, but it was overpowered by the narration and the only line we were meant to hear clearly was one from Sothis.

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Wow, I had no idea voice actors were treated so poorly.

That's not poor. Vee and most VA's on that situation were paid for what they did, it's just that during development the person in charge decided to not use the recorded material.

This isn't even rare in videogames, there're a lot of examples of unused tracks, models or voice lines in other games. In XC2 there were a lot of code lines making references about all Blades being playabable and even some of them had unused voice lines that only playabable characters had in the final release.

This may be a long shot and it's slightly unrelated to Edelgard and Cristina specifically but I think part of the reason as to why Robbie might have deleted his tweet about voicing someone in Three Houses, was because the graphics he used to show the cast of characters were taken from Lucky Crit's "Which House should you choose?" for Three Houses on Youtube. He essentially screenshotted/took graphics that Lucky Crit designed without crediting - or he might have seen the graphics uploaded elsewhere via google images.

Always source your graphics/art folks.

Edited by carefreejules