Cristina Vee is not voicing Edelgard anymore

2 minutes ago, LalaPony said:

I think that was an official graphic tho, wasn't it? It had a hi-res image for Marianne and I think at the time Lysithea who we had only seen in a grainy screenshot.

Nope - Lucky Crit himself tweeted out to him like "hey, in exchange for using the graphic I made for my video, tell me who you're voicing". Aside from the Famitsu scans themselves, they post more high res images on their actual website.

If you look closely at some of the graphics, some of them are less high res than others (eg. Linhardt) so definitely not official. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what happened.  It seems weird to get a big name like that for the trailer, then recast her later, but I'm no expert in the field.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I wonder what happened.  It seems weird to get a big name like that for the trailer, then recast her later, but I'm no expert in the field.

Could be because she revealed she was voicing Edelgard while still under NDA

3 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Seems like a weird thing to have on a NDA after the trailer's come out.

1 hour ago, Gregster101 said:

I don't think "Yes, that's my voice you hear in this publicly-released trailer" is breaking any logical NDA.

Based on what she's said, I think it's just that at the time of the trailer the casting wasn't really set in stone and they used either who they had on hand or who they thought they would go with (Cristina Vee) for the trailer, but in the end chose someone else for the role in the game.

Edited by Florete
My dumb ass using the wrong "role"

Hopefully she will reprise a role with Fire Emblem through Heroes or another installment (a remake, perhaps). Definitely feels something's amiss without her as Edelgard.

9 hours ago, User name said:

In feb Direct at about 4:50 you can hear Edelgard shout "Forward Now" and to me she sound kinda like Kira Buckland, or to be fair it could be someone new entirely.

The 'Forward now' sounds nothing like Kira Buckland.

It's pretty unlikely they'd give Buckland another heroine, she already does Eirika and to a lesser extent Katarina (who is the main rep for FE12 over Kris). Whilst these two characters wouldn't have a similar tone to Edelgard, one of her most renown roles, 2B, would, and I can't see a resemblance from the trailer to 2B.

24 minutes ago, TheWill said:

It's pretty unlikely they'd give REDACTED another hero(ine) he/she already does REDACTED

Dude, say that to Troy Baker, the guy is everywhere and voiced like 3 main characters in games that came out prety close to each other (The last of us, Bioshock infinite, Saints row the third)

The point is IF an actor is good for the role, they get the role, there is also a thing caled "type casting".

And like i said it could be someone different.

13 minutes ago, Druplesnubb said:

It's possible that they didn't choose Cristina Vee for Edelgard because they chose her for another character instead.

Yeah iam actually hoping this to be the case, like its just feels like a waste of the great VA.

Yeah yeah i know its business and all,but still.

But it dosent look to be this way based on her twitts though....to me atleast.

4 hours ago, Druplesnubb said:

It's possible that they didn't choose Cristina Vee for Edelgard because they chose her for another character instead.

I hope so! I'm sad that she won't be voicing Edelgard.

21 hours ago, BZL8 said:

Either it was a placeholder or a NDA was broken. Robbie Daymond, who revealed he was involved in Three Houses on Twitter a week ago, deleted the tweet in question, likely because he wasn't supposed to talk about it yet. I do know breaking NDAs are serious business in the voice acting world.

Edelgard kinda sounded like either Carrie Keranen or Tara Platt in the February direct trailer. 

omg I said Tara Platt too(but over on Reddit)

It also kind of sounded like Kara Eberle though

A lot of feel bad is in my heart now, especially since I now know a bit more about the treatment of voice actors.

I'm disapointed by the change, I really liked her role as Edelgard. But I suppose it's how the world is. 😕

I'm not raging at her other VA though, she does a good job too, although I'm still confused about the why.

I've seen people theorizing a couple of things:

1. Nintendo isn't getting along with Vee's Union
  2. IS changed the direction they had for Edelgard/imagined her with a different voice

But I think another possibility is the timing. Looking back at last year at this time, TH was no where near completion. The sprites weren't even done yet. I get the feeling they asked whoever was available to speak the role. Vee said she only did a small amount of line work, so it's possible they only wanted her to do the trailer because they haven't found "the right one" yet.

Personally, I hope Vee gets another part in this game. She has good range and a great variety in her portfolio. They definitely could find her in another role.

On 6/6/2019 at 9:11 PM, Gregster101 said:

Doubt it. It's probably personal reasons. or scheduling reasons.

Edited by bufkus

21 hours ago, Owain Dark said:

It's actually cuz they wanted a different direction for Edelgard. 

oh lol, well I was close. either way, no one is gonna get fired over a supposed NDA breaking.

1 hour ago, bufkus said:

oh lol, well I was close. either way, no one is gonna get fired over a supposed NDA breaking.

Well, Robbie got a warning recently, when he posted a pic and said he's one of those characters and had to delete that tweet afterwards. I don't think NDA was the reason for Vee, since she said they just wanted a different direction for Edelgard. But who knows. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2019 at 2:31 PM, User name said:

Dude, say that to Troy Baker, the guy is everywhere and voiced like 3 main characters in games that came out prety close to each other (The last of us, Bioshock infinite, Saints row the third)

That's an awful comparison. Not only are those games completely unrelated to one another, they're by different developers. 

For a singular series like Fire Emblem, Tales of, Final Fantasy and so on... You absolutely wouldn't want the same voice actor doing multiple main characters. Doing two main characters is fine (eg. Yuri Lowenthal doing Marth and Eliwood, Buckland doing Eirika and Katarina), but anymore than that is really pushing it and would definitely not be preferable. 

Part of me wonders how much impact the timeskip and story had in the decision to go a different direction for the character. I also wonder if Edelgard was not the only character affected. We might never know.