Serenes Forest Emblem (Proof of Concept)

Von Ithipathachai

7 hours ago, Pengaius said:

amd if we're trying to flip the bird at Nintendo's copyright team we could always pull a Kaga and call it Serenes Tear Ring. 

*Serenes Ring Saga

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Honestly, since the game is more about the forums than what the forums are about, I'd think we can get some leeway on the matter.

Yeah, it's less of a Fire Emblem game than many Fire Emblem ROM hacks, and while those are romhacks, I also feel this is too small scale a project to really be worried about the Nintendo Hammer.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Hey, did people want me to try to add shades to her to be more in line with my Titania avatar or would that be too out of place?

I advocate for shades.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Fenreir said:

if not Serenes Emblem, wich would be a way too obvious reference to FE, Serenia's Sigil could be alright. The Roger's idea was fine too, but i guess we want this game's theme to be mainly about this forum board. then again, it's not my own project and i only gave a small hand with some portraits so far, so i can only give suggestions. 

I honestly just wanted to make the Ice Sigil joke. I'm honestly fine with any name.

7 hours ago, KnightOfNohr said:

“Sigil of Serenia” sounds nice and poetic to me.

That said, I do really like this one.

12 hours ago, Pengaius said:

Most of our names are either bizarre concepts, adjective-noun, things that aren't even words, or collections at random symbols that looks like a word. 

amd if we're trying to flip the bird at Nintendo's copyright team we could always pull a Kaga and call it Serenes Tear Ring. 

Though this and @AnonymousSpeed's suggestions have a certain ring to it. (Somebody stop me)

12 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Hey, did people want me to try to add shades to her to be more in line with my Titania avatar or would that be too out of place?

i could do another palette swap and see how it goes.

or we could use the previous portrait i made.

i could even work on customizing battle sprites, but since i do not have any resource in terms of files to work with, that will have to wait.

Edited by Fenreir

On 7/15/2019 at 2:19 AM, The Roger The Paladin said:

I honestly just wanted to make the Ice Sigil joke. I'm honestly fine with any name.

I think it would make for a funny plot point, an old man claiming to have the all powerful ice sigil, but it is actually the fire emblem and he changed the name so the powers that be (some noble guy) wouldn't break his legs.

any updates?

with Three Houses behind the corner, i have the feeling that this project will probably be put on hold for a while for obvious reasons, wich is quite a shame since it was finally starting to take shape.

i could be wrong though, since i don't follow the Discord. time will tell, i guess.

Edited by Fenreir

27 minutes ago, Fenreir said:

any updates?

with Three Houses behind the corner, i have the feeling that this project will probably be put on hold for a while for obvious reasons, wich is quite a shame since it was finally starting to take shape.

i could be wrong though, since i don't follow the Discord. time will tell, i guess.

I've been putting this project on the backburner until Josh provides me with some story scripts.  Neither of us has any idea when that's going to happen.

8 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I've been putting this project on the backburner until Josh provides me with some story scripts.  Neither of us has any idea when that's going to happen.

Understandable.

Yeah, the main bottleneck at the moment is the story scripts. No one knows when that will happen.

As for me, I'm delving deep into Three Houses, so don't expect anything from me for the next month or so.

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, EdelgardHresvelgTargaryen said:

so to get the game out there how about  FEE3

2 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Holy shit I was actually thinking about this while I was showering this morning

Unfortunately, no progress has been made on the game since the proof of concept demo went out.  Most of my work since then has been on Sanctaea Chronicles, which is my main project.

My ability to make new maps hinges on Josh's ability to provide me with story scripts, of which I have received none whatsoever.  It's also been a while since he posted here or on the SF Emblem Discord server.  I can only assume at this point he's forgotten about it after being overwhelmed by IRL stuff, as quite a few budding fangame makers seem to do.

I'm already going to submit Sanctaea Chronicles to FEE3, so I doubt Arch'll be okay with me sending two projects at once.  The planned SC stuff to be shown off (the Base and Chapter 16 with its randomly teleporting boss) will probably be more impressive than what SF Emblem currently has to offer anyway.

Until I hear back from Josh, it would be wise to simply assume SF Emblem is on indefinite hiatus.

Welp, development seems to be at a standstill. The project lead and main scriptwriter's (now under the username Sub Zero) last post was July 25 and last visited Serenes Forest on August 4th. There has been no major development for months of July and August.

As Von as posted above, there can't any progress on maps and gameplay until scripts are made. As scripts and story were Josh's responsibility (and the fact he's the project lead), means that Serenes Emblem is likely postponed until further notice.
I thought about writing up and submitting a script of my own, but then I'll be taking over someone else's role which I am uncomfortable about. Its possible someone else could start a "parallel" project that mimics Serenes Emblem, but I doubt there will be much interest in doing so.

Hm..This really looks like a really tough spot for the project. I'm actually kinda of relieved that someone had the courage to ask the feared question.

I don't expect to see Josh returning so earlier (if he ever returns, that is) or someone willing to take the lead at the moment, so we can almost safely assume that the project will remain in hiatus until then. I do hope that this doesn't mean the death of the project, since some users put a lot of effort on it, such as Fenreir and Von himself. 

Keeping it standstill while preserving the made content might be the only option for the time, especially with some of us participating in other projects at the time.

..Though I'm not the one to say it, since my performance with this project has always been...lacking, to say the least. Sorry.

(Off Topic but..:Could anyone point me out what FEE3 is?)

3 minutes ago, BergelomeuSantos said:

(Off Topic but..:Could anyone point me out what FEE3 is?)

FEE3 is a yearly (I think around late October or early November) showcase of projects that fangame makers are working on.  It's mostly been GBA hacks, but I'm hoping to see more SRPG Studio projects this year after Sanctaea Chronicles debuted last year as the first SRPG Studio game ever to be featured at FEE3.

Here's the intro video for last year's FEE3.  Sanctaea Chronicles is at 2:50.

9 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

FEE3 is a yearly (I think around late October or early November) showcase of projects that fangame makers are working on.  It's mostly been GBA hacks, but I'm hoping to see more SRPG Studio projects this year after Sanctaea Chronicles debuted last year as the first SRPG Studio game ever to be featured at FEE3.

Here's the intro video for last year's FEE3.  Sanctaea Chronicles is at 2:50.

Ah, thanks.

That honestly looks pretty cool! I should definitely give it a look later, with Sanctaea Chronicles included. 

• 1 month later...