Feh Channel Posted!

Anacybele

19 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Getting pitybroken by Luke or Mist is a way more trivial impact than Hector being removed from the summoning pool.

At least you can farm them for HM, yeah.

When I pull, I generally expect the worst outcome because that’s usually what happens. I don’t get much comfort from good fodder being in the pool when I have an equal chance of getting something much less useful.

Glass half-full versus half-empty.

19 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yeah, it sucks when you get Luke instead of a 5-star you want, but it personally sucks more for me when I get pitybroken by a 5-star unit that was already demoted.

I agree. I don’t know why FEH still does this.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only person who loved pulling Mist AND Luke? Mist is my favorite little sister, I don't care if her base kit and stats aren't too great, though I do admit that she would've been better off being demoted.

Luke I wasn't that excited about at first, but on top of his IVs being great (+Atk, -Res), I actually love his personality. lol Also, his skill kit isn't all that bad, nor are his stats. I'd say he's pretty serviceable even without +Atk.

Edited by Anacybele

10 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Also, I'm going to immediately say that I'm a fan of the revival banner system. The 4% focus summon rate is nice, being better than Hero Fest banners (4/3 is higher than 5/4 for back-of-the-napkin math), and having a new one each week means we get another free summon each week.

Didn't the channel have a note that regular 5* summon rate for these banners was 2%?  So it should be 4/2 for the revivals, not 4/3.

23 minutes ago, Etheus said:

The only thing this tells me is just that the 4-5 star category is insulting to the player and probably shouldn't exist.

But I already knew that.

The only thing this tells me is you didn't bother with half of the sentences I typed.

4 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Didn't the channel have a note that regular 5* summon rate for these banners was 2%?  So it should be 4/2 for the revivals, not 4/3.

4% summon rate divided by 3 characters for a revival banner. 5% summon rate divided by 4 characters for a Hero Fest. Revival banner has a higher focus summon rate than Hero Fest as long as you're comparing the same color.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

4% summon rate divided by 3 characters for a revival banner. 5% summon rate divided by 4 characters for a Hero Fest. Revival banner has a higher focus summon rate than Hero Fest as long as you're comparing the same color.

Ah, your math was for focus rate per focus hero.  I misunderstood the numbers.

Ooh I get a shot at Karel which makes me happy!  I wonder if I can also manage to snag some other units I don't have?  I don't care much about the music thing since I play muted.  HM increase is good I can max my favs all over again.  I really hope the banners are here to stay since it would be the best of both worlds and I would get a chance to get units I don't have and DC fodder.  New mode sounds OK any way to get free orbs is alright to me and the the 20 orbs are nice too.  

38 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Am I the only person who loved pulling Mist AND Luke? Mist is my favorite little sister, I don't care if her base kit and stats aren't too great, though I do admit that she would've been better off being demoted.

Luke I wasn't that excited about at first, but on top of his IVs being great (+Atk, -Res), I actually love his personality. lol Also, his skill kit isn't all that bad, nor are his stats. I'd say he's pretty serviceable even without +Atk.

well I say what i say all the time - I wouldn't mind a mist or a luke if it was a 3% rando pull, or they were in the same circle with your target i think a lot of people hated getting them because it was always that pity breaker, nothing else came along with them, and they didn't have great kits to even be like "ookaaaay i can live with it." - that's usually how i feel when i get broken now adays. either be something i need - or have something i can fodder off. 

Just now, daisy jane said:

well I say what i say all the time - I wouldn't mind a mist or a luke if it was a 3% rando pull, or they were in the same circle with your target i think a lot of people hated getting them because it was always that pity breaker, nothing else came along with them, and they didn't have great kits to even be like "ookaaaay i can live with it." - that's usually how i feel when i get broken now adays. either be something i need - or have something i can fodder off. 

Yeah, that's fair.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, that's fair.

mhm.though for me, i have a lot of year 2 units i would love to fire into the sun. starting with Zelgius. dumb armour dumbo broke me twice going (though i always feel if i am getting an off pull - please just be Flying Olivia,or Lene or something i'd love to accidentally +10. or at least come with great IVS. but of course not on that either lol). 

there are some of the units i can understand why they don't wanna (though i always feel everyone already has lots of wrath/armour march already) but like Luke,mist, Karel, a few others would have made the summoning pool a bit better. and i still don't get why calvary has every hone available at 3-4 star (goad at 5 but whatever). but Hone fliers is still 5*/grail exclusive. 

An entertaining bit of updates are coming! It's too bad the music costs so much, but I'm looking forward to everything announced! 😄 Dance hall, Rokkers, extra orbs, and...maaaaybe I'll try for some of the heroes? It's a good opportunity to get heroes you don't have yet, and also to farm DC with those Hector days. But my orbs are limited, so I don't know...

Overall, though, I'm excited!

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I intentionally summoned for Mist on that recent BHB banner not so long ago. So you are not alone on the Mist front.

I love the music and HM update, I wish the weekly will be a permanent feature,  I am disappointed that Young Tiki, Minerva, Saber, Eldigan, Lute, Alm and Innes only have one week. 

3 minutes ago, I'm a Spheal said:

I intentionally summoned for Mist on that recent BHB banner not so long ago. So you are not alone on the Mist front.

Ah, neat! I pulled my first Mist from one of her banners too. Later I got another off focus and merged them. XD

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

i think a lot of people hated getting them because it was always that pity breaker,

I'm pretty sure it was not "always" that pitybreaker.

For one, what I hear about Luke and Mist is "I don't want to pull Luke or Mist" and not "I pulled Luke or Mist and don't want them". Fear of pulling a character the player doesn't want to pull seems to drown out players being disappointed at actually pulling them (because it simply doesn't happen that often).

For two, even if a player does pull Luke or Mist, it's highly unlikely that they pulled all that many more of Luke or Mist than any other possible pitybreaker such that it's "always" that pitybreaker. I figure the majority of cases are those of the availability heuristic and salience bias, where having a stronger (in this case negative) emotional response to something makes it more memorable and thus makes it feel like it happened more often than it actually did.

Looking at those weekly banners again, there's NINE characters I don't have. I wanna get merges for Lyn but those nine characters are tempting purely so I can fill my barracks a bit. I don't have Linde, or Karel, or Mist, or Leo, among others. All characters I like.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I wouldn't want to pull either of them as a 5-star. I already have a serviceable Mist and since I don't merge, any extra Mist that didn't have a better nature than the one I already have wouldn't do me any good. She doesn't even have worthwhile fodder. Luke I don't have, but considering that I hate his fodder, I hate his personality, and I hate his stupid ass face I think I'd be more annoyed to get him outside of a free summon.

Also, the main issue I have is that a lot of these characters don't deserve to be 5-star locked anymore. The launch day units, Hector and Takumi aside, are particularly egregious in that they have no good fodder, their base kits aren't always functional, and they're not even good anymore. Heck, we have characters that are 3-star now that are better than certain 5-stars. (Eldigan and Ares, for starters. And Linde isn't even better than Tailtiu.) They really have no business being there anymore in general, which is why I wanted them demoted. The current 3-star pool sucks too, and if any characters needed to be moved to a separate pool it was a good chunk of the 3-star cast.

What IS chose to do is really the greedy way out.

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I wouldn't want to pull either of them as a 5-star. I already have a serviceable Mist and since I don't merge, any extra Mist that didn't have a better nature than the one I already have wouldn't do me any good. She doesn't even have worthwhile fodder. Luke I don't have, but considering that I hate his fodder, I hate his personality, and I hate his stupid ass face I think I'd be more annoyed to get him outside of a free summon. 

Also, the main issue I have is that a lot of these characters don't deserve to be 5-star locked anymore. The launch day units, Hector and Takumi aside, are particularly egregious in that they have no good fodder, their base kits aren't always functional, and they're not even good anymore. Heck, we have characters that are 3-star now that are better than certain 5-stars. (Eldigan and Ares, for starters. And Linde isn't even better than Tailtiu.) They really have no business being there anymore in general, which is why I wanted them demoted. The current 3-star pool sucks too, and if any characters needed to be moved to a separate pool it was a good chunk of the 3-star cast.

...Why don't you merge, exactly? Don't you want to make your units stronger? Choosing not to merge is your own fault, not IS's.

And I never said Luke and Mist should stay 5 star, they probably shouldn't. My point was that I feel like I'm the only person that liked pulling them period. If people would be fine with them if they were 3-4 star, that's different then.

However, I won't deny that some of the choices IS has made were too greedy.

29 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Why don't you merge, exactly? Don't you want to make your units stronger? Choosing not to merge is your own fault, not IS's.

And I never said Luke and Mist should stay 5 star, they probably shouldn't. My point was that I feel like I'm the only person that liked pulling them period. If people would be fine with them if they were 3-4 star, that's different then.

You answered your own question: You liked pulling them because you like the characters.

If people couldn't care less about Mist or Luke as characters, then they aren't going to be happy about pulling them because they are factually worthless as fodder, everything they have is on 4* units or not good Skills to begin with.

I would be more than happy to pull an Elise but I know good and well I'm in the minority because she has nothing to offer if you don't care about her otherwise~

56 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

You answered your own question: You liked pulling them because you like the characters.

Sunwoo said that he doesn't merge at all.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

What IS chose to do also slows down the 4-star pool from turning into an even bigger cesspool of never getting the fodder unit you want.

It took me 2 months after Silas was demoted before I finally pulled another copy of him (on Hrid's banner), and I pull about 1,000 units each month.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

I'm with Anna on this one the fact that you don't merge is your own fault so why complain the game doesn't allow you to do anything with an extra copy of a unit when it does it in fact do that. It's just something you choose not to use so you have no right to complain in that instance. The characters lacking good fodder is a complaint I understand and agree with to an extent but if you purposefully choose not to use a system the game allows you access to then you really can't complain. 

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

The launch day units, Hector and Takumi aside, are particularly egregious in that they have no good fodder,

I mean DC fodder is always nice to have if you ask me.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm pretty sure it was not "always" that pitybreaker.

For one, what I hear about Luke and Mist is "I don't want to pull Luke or Mist" and not "I pulled Luke or Mist and don't want them". Fear of pulling a character the player doesn't want to pull seems to drown out players being disappointed at actually pulling them (because it simply doesn't happen that often).

For two, even if a player does pull Luke or Mist, it's highly unlikely that they pulled all that many more of Luke or Mist than any other possible pitybreaker such that it's "always" that pitybreaker. I figure the majority of cases are those of the availability heuristic and salience bias, where having a stronger (in this case negative) emotional response to something makes it more memorable and thus makes it feel like it happened more often than it actually did.

sure. 

however. a lot of people i know. always hoped they didn't get them if they got a high rate, or for the most part if they did weren't happy. again if it was a random 3.0 percent or they were in a circle of 5*'s it's better than getting broken at a high rate and that's all you get, or that's what you get when you have limited orbs. but per usual. it's an each their own - but i get it. 

, and they're not even good anymore. Heck, we have characters that are 3-star now that are better than certain 5-stars. The current 3-star pool sucks too, and if any characters needed to be moved to a separate pool it was a good chunk of the 3-star cast.

well, considering the "greedy way" is what helps them pay the bills, do you blame them? 

and i think any 5* even gen one, can be extremely serviceable, just need a a lot of work. i still use my Linde a lot more than Tailitu. (to use your example). 

31 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Sunwoo said that he doesn't merge at all.

My post wasn't in regards to what Sunwoo said on merging, it was in regards to Ana saying she felt as though she is the only one happy to pull a Luke or Mist. If you like a character deemed a bad pitybreaker, you are more likely to not be mad about it over someone who doesn't care about them one way or the other and only care about their fodder potential~

36 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It took me 2 months after Silas was demoted before I finally pulled another copy of him (on Hrid's banner), and I pull about 1,000 units each month.

Yeah, and I’m completely convinced that Legault is a damn myth because I’ve still only pulled him once to date and he’s almost a year-old unit now.

Edited by Tybrosion

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, and I’m completely convinced that Legault is a damn myth because I’ve still only pulled him once to date and he’s almost a year-old unit now.

I'd happily give you Legault. damned man stalks me. 

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Oi, shove off with that kind of language. I can clear content perfectly fine with my team of +0 units and I like an extra challenge. No one is saying that anything is IS's fault, just that extra copies of 5-star units without good fodder are useless to me. Stop always jumping down people's throats to accuse them of things they are not saying, this is why people have historically had an issue with you.

EDIT: Everything except for the last sentence applies to you, Ottservia. I'm not blaming IS over not-merging because that's ultimately still a small part of my complaint. The bigger issue is that a lot of these characters don't deserve to be 5-star locked at all, and I wouldn't be nearly as annoyed about being pity-broken by a character with no fodder that actually deserved to be 5-star. But they don't make a lot of those anymore, anyone worth being 5-star has something to offer. Try actually understanding a person's argument before assigning blame on them. Did you also literally miss the part (that you quoted, by the way), where I said that HECTOR who offers DC, is one of the few characters I wouldn't demote because of his fodder?

Also, I wouldn't mind pulling Mist and Luke if they didn't reset my focus 5-star pity rate, and I'm sure less people would have issues with it either. Hence, I don't like pulling any unit I'm not seeking in general, whether I like them or not. I'm sure you wouldn't like pulling someone you didn't like and having them break your entire pity rate, like Mage Eirika, even though someone like me would be fine with her because she has great fodder even if she didn't have a better nature than my current one and a lot of people in general would be happier to get her than Mist or Luke. It's called preferences.

Edited by Sunwoo

The launch day units, Hector and Takumi aside, are particularly egregious in that they have no good fodder, their base kits aren't always functional, and they're not even good anymore.

Launch characters that aren't Hector and Takumi:

• Lucina: Solid stats with a good refinable weapon. Still meta-relevant considering the increase in the number of strong dragon units.
  • Hinoka: Solid stats with a good refinable weapon. Still the only non-limited summonable source of Hone Fliers.
  • Minerva: Hauteclere (and its clones) are some of the best refinable weapons in the game, and Minerva is still (sadly) the fastest summonable axe flier.
  • Ryoma: There are lot of new and powerful options for the A slot that he can take advantage of since he has a Distant Counter weapon.
  • Elise: No longer the best staff cavalry, but still solid and still better than the 4-star summonable options.

Almost-launch characters:

• Julia: Kills dragons better now.
  • Ninian: Highest HP dancer. Pretty much impossible to Isolate with Fjorm. Can also run dragon buffs and comes with Fortify Dragons.
  • Ephraim: His refine pairs well with the new Sturdy Impact.
  • Jaffar: Really good option for Aether Raids Vantage sweeper when running double Savage Blow.
  • Eldigan: The furiest of furies. Fury 9 or Fury 10 is one hell of a drug, and Eldigan pulls it off extremely well.

Base kits are irrelevant unless it's for Skill Inheritance fodder or contains a premium skill that doesn't suck on the unit.

Eldigan + Elise is still my Arena Assault anchor. Unless the map is extremely disadvantageous for cavalry, I always run the same team for match 7, and the team contains 3 Gen 1 units on it (Titania being the third). They might not be the top of the meta anymore, but that doesn't mean they aren't "good".