New Game Mode Announced: Rokkr Sieges (From June 17)

Coolmanio

Is Megatiki effective against dragons? I've been dodging her and just waiting for her to go away when she comes up in the rotation but kinda worried I'll be unable to spend all my axes if I keep doing that.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Is Megatiki effective against dragons? I've been dodging her and just waiting for her to go away when she comes up in the rotation but kinda worried I'll be unable to spend all my axes if I keep doing that.

The Rokkr weapons are all Distant/Close Counter weapons with Prf stats and with no other gimmicks (besides weapon-type common effects).

Edited by Ice Dragon

Slapped Seal Def 3 onto Cain for bigger numbers, since none of the B skills available to cavalry are necessary, especially with Mia around. As much as I love GC, this is nice being able to play more casually and not having to think much while still getting the max rewards.

I haven't had much luck hitting the score cap with Aether Special fighters. Still getting 80% of score cap is more than enough to hit top rewards easily. And I don't really need the feathers from the pvp competition part of it much.

Still this may finally push me to build up a bunch of galeforcers.

45 minutes ago, Usana said:

I haven't had much luck hitting the score cap with Aether Special fighters. Still getting 80% of score cap is more than enough to hit top rewards easily. And I don't really need the feathers from the pvp competition part of it much.

80% is a big deal! That is like 160,000 damage! I can only manage less than half of that getting around 60,000 to 80,000 damage using Witchy Wand and Brave nukes, as I am still waiting for Steady Breath and Warding Breath fodder to show up to build my dragons.

I've managed to break 1 million, but now there is a guy who is gaining on me, I hope I can hold out, 1 axe left. Est and elincia are easily able to cap score against tiki, but I don't have any good teams for the other rokkr.

Consistently hitting the score caps on Barst and YTiki now that I figured out a decent comp yesterday.
Gist of it is a Galeforce/TA3/Guard melee (Eliwood for Barst, Effie for YTiki), a Gravity+ troubadour with BoL, and 2 dancers.

Still just dodging Kagero since colorless bosses take a lot more investment to hit the cap.

Really like this mode, super easy and takes almost no time to get all the main rewards.  Then one can play more if they choose for rank rewards.  

9 hours ago, Usana said:

Aether is not super great for this, despite being damage + healing, since the damage boost is rather small and the charge is so high. Noontime is fine if you need to rely on specials for healing, and if you can get healing elsewhere (Breath of Life, Reyson, Eir, etc), a damage special or Galeforce will be better. With Special Fighter or Special Spiral, Astra can be better than Galeforce since you can use it when you counter as well.

You know what I'd really love? A Rokkr event where the bosses are Fallen heroes. The Grimas, Hardin, Delthea, Berkut...it'd be pretty fun to battle them as Rokkrs.

Edited by MilodicMellodi

34 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

Because I like to brag and pretend people care

RGBrwoj.jpg

Let's try for 3 in a row.

Wow, you had competition! I used maybe two axes to go +8 multiplier when Tiki showed up, and ended up with only 1Mil. The number two had 800k i believe? 

Nice score though!

11 hours ago, Johann said:

Aether is not super great for this, despite being damage + healing, since the damage boost is rather small and the charge is so high. Noontime is fine if you need to rely on specials for healing, and if you can get healing elsewhere (Breath of Life, Reyson, Eir, etc), a damage special or Galeforce will be better. With Special Fighter or Special Spiral, Astra can be better than Galeforce since you can use it when you counter as well.

The real question is why would you use noontime over Aether? Noontime does no extra damage at all and is far from needed to keep health up. Aether at least does a little bit extra damage every turn/every other turn while providing more than enough healing for Special Fighter's threshold. Obviously the damage specials are better for damage output, but for no effort play? Now if you are relying on Guard to block special charging, yeah noontime would be much more useful than Aether. Really hard to keep HP in Guard range with Aether, even if you run Heavy/Flashing in seal.

@XRay Yeah 80 percent is pretty solid, but doesn't really compete with folks running damage specials who are hitting cap. Oh I should mention that 80 percent was when fighting Kagero. Oddly Klein hurts me. I only hit 60% against him for some reason, you'd think I'd hit similar between those two since they are both colorless. When battling Tiki I was hitting 90+%. Never quite hit the cap, but BookLyn's Blarblade + Fallen Tiki's Dragon Effectiveness came really close a couple times.

@thecrimsonflash Dang. Nice score.

@Landmaster My favorite SF Aether is Valentine Ike. Though he does sometimes eat enough damage too fall out of SF's threshold if he gets attacked by the reinforcements and has to attack in with a fully charged Aether that never had the chance to recharge his HP before smacking the Rokkr.

Edited by Usana

7 minutes ago, Usana said:

The real question is why would you use noontime over Aether? Noontime does no extra damage at all and is far from needed to keep health up. Aether at least does a little bit extra damage every turn/every other turn while providing more than enough healing for Special Fighter's threshold. Obviously the damage specials are better for damage output, but for no effort play? Now if you are relying on Guard to block special charging, yeah noontime would be much more useful than Aether. Really hard to keep HP in Guard range with Aether, even if you run Heavy/Flashing in seal.

Yeah, it ultimately it depends on how much damage you're taking. Noontime would fire off more regularly, ensuring your HP stays up and allowing you to break from your strategy or formation if necessary, or even if the Rokkr's special activates for some reason (like if the reinforcements mess with your HP in some way). The Rokkrs have like 25 or so Def and Res, so you're sacrificing about 12 damage or so for less frequent heals. I guess you could use a Wo Dao type weapon too if you wanted more damage from Noontime. Anyway, I think using healing specials is sort of a last resort or low investment strategy, since their damage output is way behind everything else.

Yeah, on autobattle, Legendaries Ike and Ephraim die all the time. If the point requirements were higher I'd probably switch to Noontime and see if they survive. Tiki and Nowi at +10 fortunately have enough bulk to reliably survive the fight so I don't get a fail. Find I score about 40k on autobattle which is only about 25% less than when I fight properly, so good enough for me. Just farmed up enough to get into the top 10 for the round and carried over 2-3 axes.

Slowly I am getting somewhere. For now I am at around 120k-150k for each round. And I think I can still improve this. 
Ironically I have 2 Brave Celicas for fodder but I don't have the units I want to fodder her to...

Edited by Stroud

@Johann Yeah the healing specials are indeed the 'easy' mode strategy not the optimal score points. I am mostly just seeing if I can push my damage up enough even with that. I want my cake and to eat it too! Tiki might be my best shot since I have Dragon Effectiveness in the form of Fallen Tiki and Lyn is my big hitter doing close to double the damage of Ike most of the time even against colorless. Speaking of whom. Your Wo Dao noontime idea might be useful for him. He is the one most at risk of dropping out of the threshold and currently he under performs compared to Lyn, Myrrh, and Tiki. I am also thinking of ditching close counter on Lyn. She might be better served by her native Bond skill. It is pretty easy for me to keep the Rokkr off her. The real question is what impact that will have on me dealing with the reinforcements. Since she is in the back they do often have the option of hitting her. They just choose to go after Ike instead most of the time(I imagine because he has the lowest damage output?).

Tests. Yeah Wo Dao + Noontime doesn't really cut it either. Still sitting around 20k of 25k for a single axe. I suppose that makes sense. It is effectively only +7 per attack since his normal blade gives +3 to all when beside an ally. It is a minor increase, but I might keep it for now. Maybe test Radiant Aether with it? I think I will have to pass on giving Lyn a bond skill in her A. The AI is still doing the same thing. Green axe cav goes after Ike or Myrrh or Tiki rather than punching Lyn(basically Lyn is the lowest on its hit list, they'll go after anyone but her). CC seems to be forcing units to avoid her which makes it much easier to get the reinforcement kills on EP.

I’ve been almost hitting score cap on Clair with using a bow user, flier, and two melee dancers. I just need some buff tweaking, giving Leon a damage special, and a cavalry unit to defeat stray enemies.

My Hardin can survive quite well with Aether, even on auto-battle. Grima, not so much.

Burned some axes to auto-battle my way up to the last score rewards, since I didn't need any for the previous rounds.

Edited by Othin

23 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Try a quad GF squad for bloated damage. People will care even more. ^^

KMivRAx.png

sadly my only GF team is my flier emblem team, so it really makes dealing with klein hard and sadly the way it is set up I get the best results out of wailing on tiki when she shows up and most others hurt more than they should, claire has been a real menace in particular, poor legion, I go through all the trouble to +10 him and he is still unviable, are you running braves or just GF?

edit: oof, nevermind you said quad, will probably be next go around for stupid quad shenanigans, I'm not sitting on enough feathers ATM. Still gonna pull for 3 wins in a row.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

25 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

sadly my only GF team is my flier emblem team, so it really makes dealing with klein hard and sadly the way it is set up I get the best results out of wailing on tiki when she shows up and most others hurt more than they should, claire has been a real menace in particular, poor legion, I go through all the trouble to +10 him and he is still unviable, are you running braves or just GF?

edit: oof, nevermind you said quad, will probably be next go around for stupid quad shenanigans, I'm not sitting on enough feathers ATM. Still gonna pull for 3 wins in a row.

Yeah, Kagero (debuffs and high atk) and Klein (QR, effective against fliers) are a pain. Against all the others my teams usually reach the score cap. When meeting Kagero or Klein, I don't use axe-multipliers, to make them go away after 1-2 battles. 

Yup, I'm using brave weapons on all of them, Hector also has Bold Fighter. Mia takes care of the annoying special with her staff while healing with double breath of life. I usually bring at least 1 cav to take care of the other enemies. Better two Cavs, but I only have 1 red GF Cav (for Barst). 

Wow, Legion doesn't help against Clair? What skills do you have on him? If you don't have enough feathers for Galeforce, you could start with Brave(+) and Astra. 

My main project in FEH makes it necessary to build GF units, which really helped me in this mode (and others). 

I dunno I find Klein and Kagero easier to score against than Clair. Her Hit and run makes me take an extra turn or two to get her surrounded. So I end up hitting 60-70 percent instead of 70-80. Maybe if I swapped in both Amelia and Ephraim but E isn't built to play this game. I tried him and he just drags the whole team down as he is currently built. I would have to go through and alter his build. Plus there is no way for him to get DC, which could cause issues with the reinforcements.

For Clair I may just have to build a team around Brave Jakob and other bows. But my team slots are always rather full as is and I don't really want to dedicate more than 1 team to this so any Rokkr that forces a change to the team is annoying to me.