New Game Mode Announced: Rokkr Sieges (From June 17)

Coolmanio

I wish the game would kindly give me some Effie merges.. I could build a Galeforce DB4 Effie with Bold Fighter..but I only have one Effie. This was so bad to send some away and now I get punished with no Effies at all no matter how much blue I pull DX. 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Wow, Legion doesn't help against Clair? What skills do you have on him? If you don't have enough feathers for Galeforce, you could start with Brave(+) and Astra. 

Admittedly he isn't optimized for this mode, I probably would benefit from giving him seal atk so he and other units aren't taking 10+ damage on retaliation. 

15 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

Admittedly he isn't optimized for this mode, I probably would benefit from giving him seal atk so he and other units aren't taking 10+ damage on retaliation. 

Yeah, seal skills could be useful here for the first time.

Do you have a witchy wand healer, or some guard fodder to avoid the 9 CD special? 

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Yeah, seal skills could be useful here for the first time.

Do you have a witchy wand healer, or some guard fodder to avoid the 9 CD special? 

Oh yeah, this mode was made for witchy wand.

You know. In hindsight it is pretty obvious why I far so much better against Kagero and Klein than say Clair and Barst. Namely the fact that once I block the ranged ones in they attack Lyn. Lyn who does significantly more damage per hit than the others. Meanwhile the melee ones never attack Lyn and thus take nearly half as much damage on their phase than they otherwise would. This may not sound like it would be a huge difference. But Lyn can reach nearly 1k in damage a round at the end verses about 500-600 for the others. So depending on how long it takes me to block them in that can add up fast.

1 minute ago, Tree said:

Ivy is outside of my domain; however, I can grant your team the approval of Tree. 🌲 (That's actually the first time I've seen a full Ike emblem.)

I've seen a few in Arena, though Aether and DC makes Ike perfect for this mode.

2 minutes ago, Tree said:

Only the Valentine Ike has the DC skill though (for scoring purposes).

I meant for not dying and lasting power.  I didn't know SP and BST affected scoring in this mode.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I meant for not dying and lasting power.  I didn't know SP and BST affected scoring in this mode.

Oh, I don't think it does. I think that's just for arena and allegiance battles. I forgot what thread this was. 😛

I didn’t need many Axes to hit top 3 in rounds one and two, which left me with 10 at the start of round three.

Spoiler

bmYchmT.jpg

I figured I might as well just try to drop Klein and Kagero with low Stamina battles and Ally Attacks. I think I saw one instance where the second consecutive 1-stamina battle’s Ally Attack dealt reduced damage, but I might be mistaken...

Witchy Wand Elise continues to be one of my favorite investments.

Edited by LordFrigid

1 minute ago, Tree said:

Is it possible to calculate the damage? I thought the friend helper attacks would interfere with nice even numbers.

Friend damage only helps in killing the Rokkr (and therefore the trivial rewards for finishing one off), it doesn't count towards your score at all.

3 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Friend damage only helps in killing the Rokkr (and therefore the trivial rewards for finishing one off), it doesn't count towards your score at all.

I keep forgetting that. Seeing all the damage numbers on the screen makes it seem like it should count. 😀

So you'd have to calculate it all out per round, taking into account the multiplier. That sounds awful, but is possible.

Just now, Tree said:

So you'd have to calculate it all out per round, taking into account the multiplier. That sounds awful, but is possible.

You just have to hit the 200,000 damage cap every run.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

You just have to hit the 200,000 damage cap every run.

Oh, it's capped per run? (I never reached 200,000 in a single round.) I've mostly started playing Heroes in maintenance mode, so it seems I'm overlooking some details.

5 minutes ago, Tree said:

Oh, it's capped per run? (I never reached 200,000 in a single round.) I've mostly started playing Heroes in maintenance mode, so it seems I'm overlooking some details.

Yep. Beginner caps you at 15,000 per run per axe (120,000 with 8 axes), Intermediate caps you at 20,000 per run per axe (160,000 with 8 axes), and Advanced caps you at 25,000 per run per axe (200,000 with 8 axes).

It seems to be a mechanic to prevent players from just steamrolling Beginner for more points, though I'm not sure if there are other mechanics (are the multipliers lower?) that also do that.

The battle automatically ends the moment you hit the cap, which is convenient because then you don't have to deal with the reinforcements from the turn that you hit the cap.

Edited by Ice Dragon

22 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

are the multipliers lower?

They are, yeah, x1 on Normal, x2 on Hard, x4 on Lunatic.

Grinding out 22 axes in the last round and not wanting to fight Kagero or Klein, I was happy anytime that the Rokkr survived since it meant I got to do the same fight once more. Not that it mattered beyond looking at a big ol' rounded number

56 minutes ago, Johann said:

They are, yeah, x1 on Normal, x2 on Hard, x4 on Lunatic.

Grinding out 22 axes in the last round and not wanting to fight Kagero or Klein, I was happy anytime that the Rokkr survived since it meant I got to do the same fight once more. Not that it mattered beyond looking at a big ol' rounded number

even TA raven tomes were useless against Klein and Kagero.