New Game Mode Announced: Rokkr Sieges (From June 17)

Coolmanio

16 minutes ago, Johann said:

I know it was just a one-time special thing, but remember when we all got Kaze from Grand Conquest, and then he was added to the 3-4* pool? Really wish they did that every time.

Yeah, they really should do that more often.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

I will say though, I really wish they'd get more creative with rewards. The fact that it looks like it's literally just going to be Grand Conquest's rewards is pretty lazy.

I don't have many complaints with this game but one I can agree with is their lack of variety when it comes to rewards.

To be honest as long as there are orbs i’ll be satisfied

that’s why i didn’t really bother with Allegiance battles at the start with their initial rewards

Huh. I think I will have to run a Special Fighter Aether squad for this. That special can be rather devastating to your team. Let me see I have Amelia, Brave Ephraim, Fallen Tiki, Valentine Ike, and a Spooky Monster with Special Fighter. No Blues. I do have one spare Special Fighter fodder. And I have a +SPD BookLyn. Wonder if I should bite that bullet. I'll try with a double red squad and see what happens.

Edited by Usana

Dragon Girls with Aether are you friends in this. Already have all the standard rewards and only keep playing for score now.

3 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Dragon Girls with Aether are you friends in this. Already have all the standard rewards and only keep playing for score now.

Is there a reason you specify dragons? Just for ease of all range countering so that you are hammering the Rokkr on all phases?

This mode is pretty fun. If you have Witchy Hand, I recommend to use it because the Rokkr Specials can be really annoying. Candlelight and Flash can also be useful here.

Also, I believe the total of orbs we are getting is 18 Orbs:

• 1 Orb from Quests;
  • 5 Orbs from Score;
  • x3, because there are 3 Rounds.

20 minutes ago, Usana said:

Is there a reason you specify dragons? Just for ease of all range countering so that you are hammering the Rokkr on all phases?

Pretty much. I suppose most DC armours would work too, but the dragons just tend to have great mixed defenses, so it doesn't matter who the Rokrr is. I was able to permanently camp F!Tiki and Nowi/H!Myrrh next to the Rokkr, while the rest of the girls hammered the reinforcements down.

Edited by Nanima

22 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Pretty much. I suppose most DC armours would work too, but the dragons just tend to have great mixed defenses, so it doesn't matter who the Rokrr is. I was able to permanently camp F!Tiki and Nowi/H!Myrrh next to the Rokkr, while the rest of the girls hammered the reinforcements down.

Yeah so far all counter armors are doing great for me. But to be fair two of them are dragons.

OH and 1 problem with the Aether strat. I ended up reducing Rokkr to 1 hp really early on. And that greatly limited my ability to regen hp. So there is that to watch out for.

So far I'm actually enjoying this. It's fun and the big numbers are quite satisfying to see. The map is decent and it isn't too difficult, obviously stronger units make this easier but I have had no problem getting 80'000-100'000 points with 0 merges. All in all a great mode until IS inevitably ruins it.

I don't mind if it stays trivial like this, but if they want to raise the difficulty in future events then I have concerns about how they could do it without making sustain tanks the only viable option. I tried a player phase nuke team and did not have a fun time of it because of Eirika's mobility: there's just not enough room to leverage your own mobility. Fortunately two Aether dragons is plenty good enough for now because I don't really want to sink any more resources into tanks - happy with my lineup for all other modes for the time being.

We don't have any info stating the score reward will reset each round, do we?

I started as soon as I could, and it was very funny to see the Rokkr die to my own attack instead of what was supposed to happen. No coordinated team attack happened since I was the sole person with score. So catria just kind of bonked it and poof it went away.

@Humanoid Yeah it is rather trivial for an Aether Sustain team right now. But if you run a team that can't heal you are going to have issues. Particularly since Guard has such Stringent HP thresholds so it is rather difficult to use Guard to prevent the special from going off(My current BookLyn is really messing with my armor team thanks to that).

I do like that this mode is sustain oriented though. Nice contrast to Grand Conquests where you basically throw folks into the meat grinder and don't worry too much if they survive.

I might have to try team with a healer or two and see how viable that is. Probably not as good as self-sustainers due to how score is generated. Staff Eirika with 3 bladers with the same attack stat could be interesting. Don't it would be able to keep up with Aether tanks score wise though. Plus you might need a second healer. Maybe Witchy Mia to reset the Rokkr's special? This would also let you use Tactics to boost speed as well as the ATK/DEF/RES Eirika already does, unless all your blades are flying of course.

1 hour ago, toxic1 said:

Thorr's design & this mode isn't nearly as bad people made it out to be.

Thorr's design isn't too shabby. I just think people may find it a weird design for Thor. Thorr being represented by a woman is fine since he did wear a dress that one time and they already made Loki a woman too. I think the problem is the hair. Why green? What's it about Thor that made Green a good choice? The traditional depiction is blond and the mythological one was a ginger. She's also quite skinny for someone supposedly swinging a giant hammer around. 

But overall I like the design. I like Thorr's chemistry with Loki and I like that it expanded the Heroes lore and teased a new badguy. 

So minor complaint...

What the hell Umbra Calamity?? One trigger, especially on Clair's Rokkr, and it's a freaking dance party in here. Positioning means jack crap in here!

Also Absorb+ is OP. My Winter Eirika doesn't even need Miracle because one attack on the Rokkr and she's healthy again. And between the healing from Aether and Absorb+, so are the dragon lolis and the dreamy dragon.

Edited by Xenomata

8 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

So minor complaint...

What the hell Umbra Calamity?? One trigger, especially on Clair's Rokkr, and it's a freaking dance party in here. Positioning means jack crap in here!

Also Absorb+ is OP. My Winter Eirika doesn't even need Miracle because one attack on the Rokkr and she's healthy again. And between the healing from Aether and Absorb+, so are the dragon lolis and the dreamy dragon.

The special deals some AoE damage and swaps places with the person that triggered the special (as in Attacked). pretty predictable

I dont know what to make out of this... its just bashing mindlessly on a unit with no strategy involved. Not even healing needed with Brave Hector Legendary Hector, Winter Eirika running Absorb Staff and Hrid. Eirika just heals everyone by just attacking or being attacked while everyone else just wails away at the Rokkr.

In my honest opinion: mindless bullshit. The rewards are nice tough and quickly gettable.

But I rather have them release constantly harder BHB GHB or LHB maps then this... stuff. But lets give it time maybe it gets better over time.

This is fun! Though I have one complaint myself. Just 1-4 sacred coins and refining stones as rewards? That is useless! Especially since we've got modes and quests where we can get more than that in just one sitting!

At least there's orbs too though.