Thanks for the hard work

Guest Outlander

Guest Outlander

Just wanted to say THANKS in a big way for all your hard work on Berwick Saga.  I've been a turn based strategy game fan for decades, (Nearing 68 years old now!), and am finding it near impossible to find quality games of this type nowadays.  I just got done with the first battle map and am surprised at the effort that was put into this.  Not only by the original game designer but by you also.  You must have your hands full getting this project done and teaching also.  So much of the newer games seem to be shallow copies of the greats such as Vandal Hearts, Shining Force 1 & 2 & 3, Final Fantasy Tactics, ect.  This one looks like it stands out as one of the best.  I am looking forward to the finished version eagerly.  I don't post much anywhere, no Facebook, Twitter, ect, got a life to live offline so to speak, but really wanted to comment on this effort.  Well, that's all I guess,  Best to you!  Stay healthy, happy, productive, and young at heart!  I do.

Whoa, 68 years old? Now that's impressive. Guess this proves all those people telling me I'll "grow out of videogames when I'm older" are completely wrong. Hah! I knew it!

Anyway, don't mind me, I'll just quietly summon @Aethin here, because I'm pretty sure this being the general TearRing Saga subforum, there's a pretty high chance he'll miss this.

Holy 68 years old? I... uh... (1,2,3,4....) over 5.5 as many lifetimes I have had! 

Anyway wow that's so cool. Seeing people this hapy about the saga games, I'll definitely try them out some day.

5 hours ago, Guest Outlander said:

Well, that's all I guess,  Best to you!  Stay healthy, happy, productive, and young at heart!  I do.

Thank you, same to you sir.

On 6/8/2019 at 3:11 AM, Guest Outlander said:

Just wanted to say THANKS in a big way for all your hard work on Berwick Saga.  I've been a turn based strategy game fan for decades, (Nearing 68 years old now!), and am finding it near impossible to find quality games of this type nowadays.  I just got done with the first battle map and am surprised at the effort that was put into this.  Not only by the original game designer but by you also.  You must have your hands full getting this project done and teaching also.  So much of the newer games seem to be shallow copies of the greats such as Vandal Hearts, Shining Force 1 & 2 & 3, Final Fantasy Tactics, ect.  This one looks like it stands out as one of the best.  I am looking forward to the finished version eagerly.  I don't post much anywhere, no Facebook, Twitter, ect, got a life to live offline so to speak, but really wanted to comment on this effort.  Well, that's all I guess,  Best to you!  Stay healthy, happy, productive, and young at heart!  I do.

Thank you very much!  Shouzou Kaga certainly poured his heart and soul into these games, so it's my pleasure to do what I can to spread them to the English-speaking audience.  I'm always surprised how many people see my efforts on niche games like this, and I'm very glad to hear that you enjoy the work I've put into the translation!  Best wishes to you!

5 hours ago, Aethin said:

Thank you very much!  Shouzou Kaga certainly poured his heart and soul into these games, so it's my pleasure to do what I can to spread them to the English-speaking audience.  I'm always surprised how many people see my efforts on niche games like this, and I'm very glad to hear that you enjoy the work I've put into the translation!  Best wishes to you!

The user formerly known as "Mad Manakete" (not that that'll mean anything) here saying, that even if I haven't yet played the translation I appreciate the effort. I mean, I intend to play it when I can... and I also am enjoying a certain LP another user in this very thread posted. Enough so that I ended up changing my username to reference the thread.