Tales of Arise officially revealed.

Armagon

I don't know how legit it is but it could be. Honestly, had it not said "leaked Tales game", i wouldn't have guessed this was a Tales game. Looks a lot more like Monster Hunter than Tales.

Edited by Armagon

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was sorta hoping they would keep remaking their games.....but oh well, new games are also FINE I guess.

And plus I've only played about 4 so far, so....I still need A LOT of time to catch up with everything lol.

Too bad it's only on XBone and PS4.  I missed out on Tales of Berseria, because it wasn't localized in the PS3 version for some reason.

34 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Too bad it's only on XBone and PS4.  I missed out on Tales of Berseria, because it wasn't localized in the PS3 version for some reason.

I think Bandai Namco probably didn't bring Tales of Berseria in the PS3 in the west because PS3 is kinda out of date right now and PS4 is Sony's focus before they announced the PS5 is going to be happening and Tales of Berseria is on Steam as well (you can play it on Windows and Mac). I do wish this game would come the Switch. I definitively have to say that the graphics looked pretty realistic than the the other Tales games have.

Edited by King Marth 64

1 minute ago, King Marth 64 said:

I think Bandai Namco probably didn't bring Tales of Berseria in the PS3 in the west because PS3 is kinda out of date right now and PS4 is Sony's focus before they announced the PS5 is going to be happening.

It was on the PS3 in Japan, and there was an official localization for the PS4, so I don't know why they couldn't have given us the PS3 port.  I'm sure there's plenty of people like me who had a PS3, but not a PS4.

2 hours ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

(so long as they maintain good story telling and characters that is).

I'm just hoping it's a game that actually clicks with me. I like the characters of Tales but no Tales game that i've played so far has managed to click with me from a gameplay perspective.

... Then it was good timing to order a gaming PC yesterday since I do not own any of these devices. 

Anyways I am really looking forward. 

Berseria was the last main part and is still my absolute favorite.

Even without understanding Japanese this game was absolutely playable and enjoyable and the only part I have completed 100% yet. 

Uh, that would be nice. Kind of thought like they would bury the mainline. Maybe they have taken their time to make something better. But o course this is still a question mark, but I would greet this.

I'm very skeptical about this being real. It looks nothing like Tales. Tales is passionately in love with its anime tropes and I'm not seeing anything anime on that picture. It also looks very high quality and considering Berseria was obviously made on a tight budget with its endless pop upp I doubt Namco would suddenly invest tons in a new graphics engine. 

Also, its still not Tales of Karlan. 

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I'm very skeptical about this being real. It looks nothing like Tales. Tales is passionately in love with its anime tropes and I'm not seeing anything anime on that picture. It also looks very high quality and considering Berseria was obviously made on a tight budget with its endless pop upp I doubt Namco would suddenly invest tons in a new graphics engine. 

Also, its still not Tales of Karlan. 

The thing is Tales of Berseria has been made in a rush, Tales of games in general, I mean they have been released 1-2 yearly in a certain time... And this time we haven't heard for a long time about a Tales of game, which is not mobile. And there is one other pictures which look more likely like Tales off. 

I mean this is also my hope that they say they put some more bugdet into the game and make something bigger out of Tales of.. 

Honestly this is something I would have wished for Pokemon, but did not happen. xD But that's another thing.

There is also this picture floating around:

Spoiler

Tales-of-Arise-3.png?width=1191&height=6

That guy looks a bit like an Edgeludger. 

But lets wait and see. Just a few days and we know more.

Edited by Stroud

Holy ... omg. I one, LOVE Tales. And two, these graphics are everything I wanted from a Tales game. It also looks to keep a mature vibe with that weapon/look, so I'm high-key excited and hope it's real. And also E3 and the Tales of Festival is so close soooo the confirmation is going to happen so quickly.

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

If this is real, I'll be happy. More Tales of is always a good thing. The games have never truly disappointed me up until now, even if there had been the odd weak one (Graces and Zestiria).

And yes. Those are the only 2 for me that were oddly lacking and less stellar. For me it was the whole, textbook, "I don't want to kill, everyone has good in them" hero in both of them that i just found a bit unrealistic and I'm hoping they stay away from main heroes like that!

5 hours ago, Stroud said:

There is also this picture floating around:

Reveal hidden contents

Tales-of-Arise-3.png?width=1191&height=6

That guy looks a bit like an Edgeludger. 

But lets wait and see. Just a few days and we know more.

Looking at that character's face, it does resemble Tales more than the other two screenshots. Though if that is a character from this supposed Tales game, then that is one edgy boi.

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

even if there had been the odd weak one (Graces and Zestiria).

23 minutes ago, Kiran_ said:

And yes. Those are the only 2 for me that were oddly lacking and less stellar.

I always find it interesting how Zestiria isn't regarded that well yet from a gameplay standpoint, that's the one i enjoyed the most compared to Phantasia and Abyss (the two other Tales games i played but couldn't get into because the gameplay didn't click with me). I said before that no Tales game's gameplay has managed to click with me but that's not entirely accurate. I liked Zestiria's gameplay but i only played the first hour of it so i don't know how much that holds.

Tales of Arise (if that's what this is), looks to play similar to Zestiria from the screenshots so i might enjoy that (but then there's the issue that it's not on Switch and my PC isn't powerful enough to run a game that looks that good).

Edited by Armagon

6 hours ago, Stroud said:

The thing is Tales of Berseria has been made in a rush.

Then they should rush their Tales games more often.  Zestiria/Berseria replaced Abyss as my favorite. . .and by a nontrivial margin, at that.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I always find it interesting how Zestiria isn't regarded that well yet from a gameplay standpoint, that's the one i enjoyed the most compared to Phantasia and Abyss (the two other Tales games i played but couldn't get into because the gameplay didn't click with me). I said before that no Tales game's gameplay has managed to click with me but that's not entirely accurate. I liked Zestiria's gameplay but i only played the first hour of it so i don't know how much that holds.

The thing about Zestiria, for me, is that the main cast wasn't as charismatic as the ones from other Tales games. Edna and Lailah notwithstanding, the others felt kind of "eh" to me. And then there's the main villain, who seemed to be out of left field and overall quite weak compared to some of the other antagonists. There is also a lot of potential in the world-building that was missed, something that Berseria luckily fixed. I actually loved Zestiria's gameplay.

2 hours ago, Kiran_ said:

And yes. Those are the only 2 for me that were oddly lacking and less stellar. For me it was the whole, textbook, "I don't want to kill, everyone has good in them" hero in both of them that i just found a bit unrealistic and I'm hoping they stay away from main heroes like that!

Graces and Zestiria have similar problems in that their main casts aren't as good as some of the other Tales games, who had very colorful, very interesting characters. There are good ones in there, sure, but overall, I felt they were quite weak. Graces also has what I find the weakest combat system in the series.
I also found the stories in Graces and Zestiria to not be quite as impactful as, say, Berseria, Xillia 2 or Abyss.

Both are still very good games, all things considered. They just have the most weaknesses out of every Tales game I've played.

38 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Then they should rush their Tales games more often.  Zestiria/Berseria replaced Abyss as my favorite. . .and by a nontrivial margin, at that.

Berseria is one of my all-time favorite games, actually. It replaced Xillia 2 in my heart.

51 minutes ago, eclipse said:

As a list of reference.

Phantasia - 1995  Team Wolf
Destiny - 1997 Team Wolf
Eternia - 2000 Team Wolf (started to separate)
Destiny 2 - 2002 (Team Destiny)
Symphonia - 2003 (Team Symphonia)
Rebirth - 2004 (Team Destiny)
Legendia - 2005 (Team Melfes)
Abyss - 2005 (Team Symphonia)
Innocence - 2007 (3rd Party)
Vesperia - 2008 (Team Symphonia)
Hearts - 2008 (Team Destiny)
Graces - 2009 (Team Destiny)
Xillia - 2011 (Both)
Xillia 2 - 2012 (Both)
Zestiria - 2015 (Both)
Berseria -2016 (Both)

Ok, xD Interestingly Tales of Zestria has a longer timespan and Berseria reused many assets. And there is not to be forgotten that there are 2 Tales of Teams.
Team Symphonia and Team Destiny. So even with the frequency most have been worked maybe 1-2 Years depending on the start. I tried to find out which made which game. xD

Tales of the Tempest does not count btw, that is done by a different studio and its the worst one. 

For me I also like Tales of Berseria the most, the characters helped very much her the whole team is lovable for me. Most of the time I have 1-3 characters I just find annoying or not interesting. But Velvet and her Crew are my favorites. Other than that I liked Destiny 1 and 2. Also Rebirth. I find Abyss just ok and Vesperia has one of the best protagonists for me. I guess Velvet and Yuri are my two favorites followed by Veigue, (Veigue has the japanese voice actor from Link from OoT) xD

I dislike Graces the most, no matter what excuse I cannot really like Asbel. 

Edit: I realize that I was false on some things. I was so set on the amount of Tales of games which have been released that I missed some things. Zestiria wasn't rushed and Berseria reused some things. Between Xillia 2 and Zestiria are at least 3 years. So depending on when the next game will be released it could be 3-4 years. 

Edited by Stroud

17 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The thing about Zestiria, for me, is that the main cast wasn't as charismatic as the ones from other Tales games. Edna and Lailah notwithstanding, the others felt kind of "eh" to me. And then there's the main villain, who seemed to be out of left field and overall quite weak compared to some of the other antagonists.

Interesting. My experience with the Zestiria cast actually comes from the anime, which i hear some people say it's a better version of the game's story, since it did things like not kick Alisha out of the story. Though i will agree that the villain was pretty bland.

from the small amount of images it looks very different then the usual tales games. not to mention the game hasnt had a good entry since 2013. ill keep expectations in check for now but this is something for sure im excited for.