FE Fates No Reclass Tier List Per Route

mangasdeouf

Hi there,

If you had to make a tier list of Fates for each route with 0 reclassing, how would you rank the available units? Children in a different part than the gen 1 units or not at all since they depend on too many factors to make a deep tier list for them (like parents stats when they're recruited, inheritance available, chapter of recruitment...).

Ryoma and Xander would be like A-tier (no S for being unavailable for at least 1/3rd of the post-choice chpaters, nearly 1/2 of the game if you count from prologue) I guess, no Seth tier for them even though they might be better units.

Well I'm going to put forth the notion right now Jakob and Felicia's usefulness would increase/decrease depending on which gender Corrin is because of availability and the boosts given to the opposite gender. If one were to deem Jakob or Felicia superior to their counterpart, then you could also modify the male/female Corrin's tier just on provise of who they get first. Is this a fair notion?

Generally, you kick these things off with a list of your own, not asking other people to do the work for you.

Xander and especially Ryoma aren't really late enough to cause issues.  They're early mid game units, and earlier than other similar high tiered units like Pent.

I wouldn't include child units, since there's too much that goes into determining their viability.

I don't know enough about revelations, but in BR and Conquest, the only characters that really benefit from reclassing are Corrin (Wyvern, Ninja, or Cavalier in either), Ryoma (Paladin, Weapon Master), Jakob (paladin in CQ, paladin or strategist in BR), Felicia (strategist in BR, Bow Knight in CQ), Mozu (Archer in CQ), Laslow (Ninja), Scarlet (Malig Knight), Selena (Pegasus Knight), and Gunter (Wyvern Lord or Malig Knight). I don't think any other characters really benefit from or wants to reclass, though Falco Knight!Reina, Outlaw!Nyx, and Cavalier!Arther have some nice utility too.

Of these characters, the only ones who make "big moves" from reclassing are Corrin, Jakob and Felicia, Laslow, Selena, and Gunter, and any list would probably be the same. If I were to take a quick shot at either just for the sake of discussion:

Birthright:

The only things that really matter in Birthright are 1-2 range, movement, flight, shove, swap, dancing, and Rescue. There are so many stat boosters, broken weapons, and weak enemies, that typically anyone can kill anything without much effort. If you don't do any of the above, the unit isn't worth investing in or using.

S tier

Kaze (Strong 1-2 range and 7+ move. Good pair up)
Saizo (Strong 1-2 range and 7+ move. Good pair up)
Azura (Dance)
Hinoka (Strong 1-2 range with bolt naginata and 8 move. 8 move rescue and flight)
Kagero (Strong 1-2 range and 7+ move. Good pair up)

A tier

Ryoma (Strong 1-2 range, great boss killer, 6+ move)
Subaki (Strong 1-2 range with bolt naginata and 8 move. 8 move rescue and flight)
Silas (Shelter. 8 mov)
Reina (Strong unit with great bases. Flight)
Jakob 1 (Strong 1-2 range, 6+ move, needed in early game. No longer has access to 8 move)
Felicia 1 (Strong 1-2 range, 6+ move, needed in early game No longer has access to 8 move)
Rinkah (Strong 1-2 range, 6+ move, good pair up, and shove)

B tier

Oboro (Strong 1-2 range, 6+ move, good pair up, and swap)
Orochi (Strong 1-2 range, 6+ move)
Scarlet (8 mov, flight, really good bases)
Corrin (No longer has solid 1-2 range with no tomes or levin sword/bolt axe)
Takumi (Solid bases and weapons. Can pretty much always kill something. Has flight on promotion)

C tier

Sakura (Needed in early game, rescue and bolt naginata)
Gunter (Needed in early game)
Hayato (Not as good as Orochi, but can do well)
Felicia 2 (Joins late, but still has easy 6 mov rescue and 1-2 range)
Jakob 2 (Joins late, but still has easy 6 mov rescue and 1-2 range)
Setsuna (Worse Takumi)
Kaden (Solid 1 range combat.)
Izana (High staff hit and rank in late game)

D tier

Hinata (No 1-2 range, but has uses in early game at times)
Hana (No 1-2 range, but has uses in early game at times)
Yukimura (Late join. Isn't useful in the boss kill maps besides the hit bonus)
Shura (Late join Isn't useful in the boss kill maps)
Azama (5 move healer. Takes a while for C lances if you want to use bolt naginata)

E tier

Mozu (Too much effort for poor 1-2 range combat when compared to rest of class)

Conquest:

Flight and good combat are the only things that really matter. 1-2 range is nice, but isn't always necessary depending on the situation.

S tier:

Camilla (Duh)
Azura (Duh)
Niles (Assuming capture. Fast, 9 mov, good pair up, 2 range lock isn't as big an issue in Conquest because of certain enemy formations)
Corrin (Lacks flight and higher move, but still has levin sword and great personal skill. Destroys early game before Camilla)

A tier:

Xander (1-2 range high move,  good bulk, and good combat)
Leo (1-2 range high move,  good bulk, and good combat. Heart Seeker)
Niles (No Capture)
Silas (Only shelter user before Peri. Good in early game)
Beruka (Only other flier besides Camilla if you don't get Shigure or Percy)
Kaze (1-2 range. Kills any beast or mage)
Effie (Tons of OHKO set ups through the game. movement really never hurts her.)

B tier:

Jakob 1 (Useful in early game and for pairup for Corrin. No longer has Paladin)
Felicia 1 (Useful in early game and for pairup for Corrin. No longer has Bow Knight)
Odin (Nosferatu for early and midgame. 1-2 range. Heart Seeker. Ophelia paralogue gives insane rewards)
Nyx (Nosferatu for early and midgame. 1-2 range. Heart Seeker)
Selena (Solid combat and good pair up. No more Flying Rescue)
Arthur (Useful pairup in early game. Good paralogue that lets you get Percy)
Gunter (Useful in early game and chapter 16. Good skill for Corrin. Shelter. Can't fly anymore.)
Peri (Shelter)

C tier:

Keaton (Useful pair up)
Charlotte (Useful pair up)
Flora (Good staff bot. Can use hunting knife and flame shuriken)
Shura (Useful pair up, but boots are better)

D Tier:

Laslow (Worse than Selena because of lower speed. Rally skill is nice. Loses out on Ninja for 1-2 range)
Izana (Worse stat utility than Flora. Joins late)
Benny (Nice with beast killer, but that's about it)

E tier:

Mozu (Duh)

I pretty much agree with @Blademaster! but something of note is that swords do have a 1-2 range in the kodachi. I don't remember if you get one in CQ but in BR you can buy 17 of them.

15 minutes ago, Blademaster! said:

I don't know enough about revelations, but in BR and Conquest, the only characters that really benefit from reclassing are Corrin (Wyvern, Ninja, or Cavalier in either), Ryoma (Paladin, Weapon Master), Jakob (paladin in CQ, paladin or strategist in BR), Felicia (strategist in BR, Bow Knight in CQ), Mozu (Archer in CQ), Laslow (Ninja), Scarlet (Malig Knight), Selena (Pegasus Knight), and Gunter (Wyvern Lord or Malig Knight). I don't think any other characters really benefit from or wants to reclass, though Falco Knight!Reina, Outlaw!Nyx, and Cavalier!Arther have some nice utility too.

Of these characters, the only ones who make "big moves" from reclassing are Corrin, Jakob and Felicia, Laslow, Selena, and Gunter, and any list would probably be the same. If I were to take a quick shot at either just for the sake of discussion:

Birthright:

The only things that really matter in Birthright are 1-2 range, movement, flight, shove, swap, dancing, and Rescue. There are so many stat boosters, broken weapons, and weak enemies, that typically anyone can kill anything without much effort. If you don't do any of the above, the unit isn't worth investing in or using.

S tier

Kaze (Strong 1-2 range and 7+ move. Good pair up)
Saizo (Strong 1-2 range and 7+ move. Good pair up)
Azura (Dance)
Hinoka (Strong 1-2 range with bolt naginata and 8 move. 8 move rescue and flight)
Kagero (Strong 1-2 range and 7+ move. Good pair up)

A tier

Ryoma (Strong 1-2 range, great boss killer, 6+ move)
Subaki (Strong 1-2 range with bolt naginata and 8 move. 8 move rescue and flight)
Silas (Shelter. 8 mov)
Reina (Strong unit with great bases. Flight)
Jakob 1 (Strong 1-2 range, 6+ move, needed in early game. No longer has access to 8 move)
Felicia 1 (Strong 1-2 range, 6+ move, needed in early game No longer has access to 8 move)
Rinkah (Strong 1-2 range, 6+ move, good pair up, and shove)

B tier

Oboro (Strong 1-2 range, 6+ move, good pair up, and swap)
Orochi (Strong 1-2 range, 6+ move)
Scarlet (8 mov, flight, really good bases)
Corrin (No longer has solid 1-2 range with no tomes or levin sword/bolt axe)
Takumi (Solid bases and weapons. Can pretty much always kill something. Has flight on promotion)

C tier

Sakura (Needed in early game, rescue and bolt naginata)
Gunter (Needed in early game)
Hayato (Not as good as Orochi, but can do well)
Felicia 2 (Joins late, but still has easy 6 mov rescue and 1-2 range)
Jakob 2 (Joins late, but still has easy 6 mov rescue and 1-2 range)
Setsuna (Worse Takumi)
Kaden (Solid 1 range combat.)
Izana (High staff hit and rank in late game)

D tier

Hinata (No 1-2 range, but has uses in early game at times)
Hana (No 1-2 range, but has uses in early game at times)
Yukimura (Late join. Isn't useful in the boss kill maps besides the hit bonus)
Shura (Late join Isn't useful in the boss kill maps)
Azama (5 move healer. Takes a while for C lances if you want to use bolt naginata)

E tier

Mozu (Too much effort for poor 1-2 range combat when compared to rest of class)

Conquest:

Flight and good combat are the only things that really matter. 1-2 range is nice, but isn't always necessary depending on the situation.

S tier:

Camilla (Duh)
Azura (Duh)
Niles (Assuming capture. Fast, 9 mov, good pair up, 2 range lock isn't as big an issue in Conquest because of certain enemy formations)
Corrin (Lacks flight and higher move, but still has levin sword and great personal skill. Destroys early game before Camilla)

A tier:

Xander (1-2 range high move,  good bulk, and good combat)
Leo (1-2 range high move,  good bulk, and good combat. Heart Seeker)
Niles (No Capture)
Silas (Only shelter user before Peri. Good in early game)
Beruka (Only other flier besides Camilla if you don't get Shigure or Percy)
Kaze (1-2 range. Kills any beast or mage)
Effie (Tons of OHKO set ups through the game. movement really never hurts her.)

B tier:

Jakob 1 (Useful in early game and for pairup for Corrin. No longer has Paladin)
Felicia 1 (Useful in early game and for pairup for Corrin. No longer has Bow Knight)
Odin (Nosferatu for early and midgame. 1-2 range. Heart Seeker. Ophelia paralogue gives insane rewards)
Nyx (Nosferatu for early and midgame. 1-2 range. Heart Seeker)
Selena (Solid combat and good pair up. No more Flying Rescue)
Arthur (Useful pairup in early game. Good paralogue that lets you get Percy)
Gunter (Useful in early game and chapter 16. Good skill for Corrin. Shelter. Can't fly anymore.)
Peri (Shelter)

C tier:

Keaton (Useful pair up)
Charlotte (Useful pair up)
Flora (Good staff bot. Can use hunting knife and flame shuriken)
Shura (Useful pair up, but boots are better)

D Tier:

Laslow (Worse than Selena because of lower speed. Rally skill is nice. Loses out on Ninja for 1-2 range)
Izana (Worse stat utility than Flora. Joins late)
Benny (Nice with beast killer, but that's about it)

E tier:

Mozu (Duh)

You're literally the only person I've seen that thinks Scarlet would improve from being a Malig Knight. I don't see it, however, because Malig Knight is just not a good class. Anyway, I take issue with your placements of Orochi and Nyx - Orochi is slow and feeble defensively. I can't hold the latter against her (she is a mage, so that's to be expected), but I don't see her being useful when she struggles to double fucking armors... Nyx, on the other hand, just cannot hit the broad side of a barn, and dies too easily for Nosferatu to help her. And what's with the Bolt Naginata mention for Sakura? Last I checked, she can't use it without reclassing.

8 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

You're literally the only person I've seen that thinks Scarlet would improve from being a Malig Knight. I don't see it, however, because Malig Knight is just not a good class. Anyway, I take issue with your placements of Orochi and Nyx - Orochi is slow and feeble defensively. I can't hold the latter against her (she is a mage, so that's to be expected), but I don't see her being useful when she struggles to double fucking armors... Nyx, on the other hand, just cannot hit the broad side of a barn, and dies too easily for Nosferatu to help her. And what's with the Bolt Naginata mention for Sakura? Last I checked, she can't use it without reclassing.

I thought she got spears on Promotion. If she can get tomes, then Sakura's still just as useful. Orochi can get Horse Spirit, a speed tonic, and a Hayato pair up for more speed, with Rally speed or a speed wing boosting it further. Malig Knight Scarlet with a bolt axe is just a few points away from ORKOing most enemies in the whole game with the right pair up or a spirit dust at base. Nyx's accuracy is shaky, but her bulk isn't an issue with the right pair up for when Nosferatu is useful. She can also take advantage of the less exp she needs to become a dark knight for early pre-promotion and just staying as a pair up bot for Leo or Odin if you want to go that route as well.

And I'm not sure what your standard for "Doubling armors" is. The last map (chapter 23 since everything after is boss kill) where Orochi will need to double has enemies with 13 or 14 base speed, and Orochi even from base can clear that hurdle with the right pair up, a tonic, and rally speed.

10 hours ago, Blademaster! said:

The only things that really matter in Birthright are 1-2 range, movement, flight, shove, swap, dancing, and Rescue. There are so many stat boosters, broken weapons, and weak enemies, that typically anyone can kill anything without much effort.

I know that BR enemies are easy to underestimate, but just looking at Subaki vs your random Great knight in ch23, on his own Subaki should have roughly 10 magic with an 11 might weapon. To 1RKO, he needs 35 attack, so disregarding any bonus and since we can't really assume wta on enemies that often wield axes, he's 14 away, that's a lot even for Fates; and that's against an enemy with bad res. Hinoka is only marginally better, same for Malig!Scarlet since she gets worse pairup bonuses, and Rinkah can get the damage with her personal, but has serious accuracy problems(so does Malig!Scarlet, btw). Kaze can also struggle against enemies with an actual defense stat and no armor weakness, such as paladins(43 atk to ORKO), dark knights(45),  wyvern lords(48).

6 hours ago, Blademaster! said:

I thought she got spears on Promotion. If she can get tomes, then Sakura's still just as useful. Orochi can get Horse Spirit, a speed tonic, and a Hayato pair up for more speed, with Rally speed or a speed wing boosting it further. Malig Knight Scarlet with a bolt axe is just a few points away from ORKOing most enemies in the whole game with the right pair up or a spirit dust at base. Nyx's accuracy is shaky, but her bulk isn't an issue with the right pair up for when Nosferatu is useful. She can also take advantage of the less exp she needs to become a dark knight for early pre-promotion and just staying as a pair up bot for Leo or Odin if you want to go that route as well.

And I'm not sure what your standard for "Doubling armors" is. The last map (chapter 23 since everything after is boss kill) where Orochi will need to double has enemies with 13 or 14 base speed, and Orochi even from base can clear that hurdle with the right pair up, a tonic, and rally speed.

Sakura gets bows as a Priestess. The lance access is via the Sky Knight line, which would be off limits here. Anyway, I think all that you're giving Orochi reeks of busting your ass just to make a scrub unit passable (a pair up, and with it another unit slot being spent on another iffy unit [that being Hayato; even then, I'd argue you're sacrificing an arguably better unit in a desperate, misguided attempt to salvage one of the worst units in the game], a speedwing, which is an extremely valuable resource, and Horse Spirit). Malig Scarlet has accuracy issues, and I'd argue that the stuff that it WOULD be useful against has better options for killing. Nyx is like a mosquito - one hit, and she's a goner. Her low luck also ensures she faces crit chances if she doesn't stick to Fire, if she wasn't already squishy enough.

As for doubling armors, I know off the top of my head that chapter 27 Generals have 11 speed. Orochi doesn't hit the speed to double that until... 20/16 or something. The fact that she needs help just to double the slowest of the slow is really quite sad. And I'd consider that relevant unless you're one for uber-risky bosskill strategies that'll cause restarts if everything doesn't go right (considering that most lategame chapters put a lot of crap in between you and the boss).

Edited by Shadow Mir

21 hours ago, eclipse said:

Generally, you kick these things off with a list of your own, not asking other people to do the work for you.

Sorry but I've never been past chapter 19 of any route of Fates, I don't know the late game chapters and tactics nor the ennemy stats and skills if they have.

10 hours ago, Blademaster! said:

Base Orochi has 6 or 7 speed. she would need 12 or 13 bonus speed to double a 14 spd general without Wary fighter and no one can double Wary fighter otherwise. + many knights/generals tend to block the way with 2-3 units side to side and at least 2 of them with a throwing weapon (in chapter 9 hard BR the 3 knights blockin' da way to the hall have 19-20 attack and you need 2-3 units to kil only one unless you're using armor killer with a doubling unit, preferably Hinata who's got actual base speed, strength and duellist's blow and who can take 2 hits without dying).

Even though, all Chibi guy needs to outclass Orochi is 2 levels, which he gains fairly easy at 50+ % exp per kill in a chapter with 6 or 8 reinforcement waves. Just use attack stance so he can easily hit AND kill the weakened ennemies, it's not very likely that many of your units will ORKO the cavaliers in that chapter. Chibi makes an excellent onmyoji/basara and his speed isn't an issue, his skill is fixed by his base class (unlike in Oni savage where he could face 20% hit rates) and he is kind of similar to Sakura growths-wise except in a better base class. Not like there are many good onmyoji/basara anyway so might as well use him for magic damage.

My team in this no reclass run is (after completing chapter 9):

- MU dragonstone tank (+hp -Idon'trememberwhat)

- Silas lances (not many lance users til chapter 9 where they become numerous, surely he'll go for clubs after GK promotion for more weapon variety and easier forging)

- Felicia (she died because I misplaced her but I'm playing casual and I'm willing to let her go to the bench when my roaster will be full, but live to serve is so good to have)

- Sakura (best healer/10)

- Setsuna (will go birdy because she has dat speed for air superiority usage) because you're never too low on anti air units especially with wyvern being far more dangerous than LOLfalcos

- Hinoka (mainly used her to chip the boss as she took 0 damage from his killer tome, she levelled up from that)

- Azama (best mountain priest/10, good hp and can actually benefit from recovery skills, while his staff rank allows him to make use of them without having a wonderful magic stat)

- Saizo (best ninja/10 with mixed attack and mixed tanking)

- Hinata (tanky samurai with samurai's skills, will go MoA for dat seal strength)

- Oboro (tanky with good base res, nice damage, instant access to guard naginata, and no lancer Hinoka for contest, seal def + seal speed will be OP)

- Chibi Hayato (like I told before, he starts low but can easily level up in chapter 9 or Mozu's paralog and he'll be a great contribution to the team with sustained magic damage and mixed stats), he levelled up 4 or 5 times in ch9 without much favouring since I needed to weaken cavs anyway before killing them so the tanks hit first (lv 10-12 don't get much exp from killing these ennemies anyway) then Hayato gives the final blow.

Soon I'll use MILF queen situationally if she can be used better than other unit for one map or another, Takumi will probably be the same situational pick (not doubling vs high def/hp ennemies isn't a boon, it's a bane, unless you're the tank like Hinatoboro with seals), Kagero will take Kaze's role (mage killing is more efficient if you can ORKO them with enough res to take 2 hits), Lobster and wyvern will be like MILF queen and Takumi I guess since they don't get much exp when they jointhe party and I'll see if there's a real difference in performance and utility between these two and my other grown units when they come close to the same level (I'm no one shoot lover, except vs mages and ninjas or annoying ennemy types, I prefer having 3 tanks to weaken the ennemies then kill them and heal my tanks to push them further, that's why Silas isn't seeing paladin, on top of the fac that defender will be useless since I deploy all my units and prefer attack stance over being swarmed by 3 ennemies and putting my healer in danger to heal the one army units who're not so one army past ch 15 when ennemies 2HKO most of your units, 3HKO maybe if paired up, but full deployment allows more map control and positionning to cover a defensive stance, chokepoints etc.).

As you can see, we don't have the same way of rating/using units. Many people say Hinata is bad while I find him really useful, while some find Hana amazing although she's a goner if anything physical breath on her. Better use ninjas to weaken bosses and feed them to the units needing their exp the most to become what they have to be (tank, finisher, anti air unit, etc.). Same for classes, MoA is often seen as a poor class while it's seal strength can be seriously life changing when facing something like berserkers or generals or great knights. Even spear master is ranked quite low while having both seal def and seal spd which allow you to simply destroy weakened units without retaliation and once you get that sweet lance faire you're steamrolling generals.

Edited by mangasdeouf

34 minutes ago, mangasdeouf said:

Sorry but I've never been past chapter 19 of any route of Fates, I don't know the late game chapters and tactics nor the ennemy stats and skills if they have.

:facepalm:
Really now? To claim this and yet try to make a tier list... This has to be among the dumbest bullshit I've ever seen on this forum.

3 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Really now? To claim this and yet try to make a tier list... This has to be among the dumbest bullshit I've ever seen on this forum.

It could be worse: OP is already getting the enemy composition wrong in Birthright (there's hardly any wyverns, except for certain chapters)

Edited by Armchair General

4 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Very nice to get this comment, looks like reading You Tube haters' comments. If I made this topic it was because I didn't find any without reclass, because everyone is talking about reclassing all the time, how this unit is OP in that class but they all require a heart/friendship/marriage seal to even work at all. Since I wanted to try and play more role play (closer to cannon classes, promotion not being really cannon since they mostly use the default promotions for even less unit diversity when said unit is an ennemy, like Hinata being a Swordmaster, WTF he has no speed no skill how could he be put into the swordmaster class as an ennemy? MoA exists and IS should at least fake to remember it).

1 hour ago, Armchair General said:

It could be worse: OP is already getting the enemy composition wrong in Birthright (there's hardly any wyverns, except for certain chapters)

How could I know since I've never been to chapter 20 of any route? I didn't know the best class in the series which is Nohr exclusive was nearly absent from Birthright especially when Big Sis and her pal are in this class they could send wyvern squads (the chapter after the Opera had several wyvern riders, one or two lords and Camilla+Beruka). Awakening had several chapters with 30%+ flying ennemies, often moving by squads, why wouldn't Fates have them? After seeing this particular post-opera chapter and Conquest chapter 10, I thought it was common to get flying squads, just using logic, but if IS doesn't use te same logic as me, well, then that's it, no 50+ ennemy flyers in birthright so air superiority won't be very necessary except in Camilla/Beruka chapters. Still has its uses.

Why writing down on me for not knowing? I already wrote that I didn't complete any route and didn't do any late game either. It's like flaming or blaming noobs for being new players and having much to learn, well, it's normal since they're new, as long as they don't try to do Lunatic+ Awakening from the beginning without knowing anything about it, there's no reason to be rash with noobs for their lack of knowledge. In my case just telling me there were like <30 wyvern units in the whole BR route would've been far nicer than mocking me without taking my inexperience of the latter parts of the game into count.

. . .and this topic's turning into a dumpster fire.  So I'm going to lock it.

@mangasdeouf if you have a question, say so.  If you want a tier list, look for some of the ones that already exist.  If you can't find one that fits your specific needs, and you haven't finished the game, then FINISH THE GAME FIRST.  FE is a single-player game, and there's no hard-set rules against experimenting.  Find what works for you.

Edited by eclipse