New Heroes Arrive: New Heroes (From a Future Past)

Just now, Ottservia said:

WHERE THE FUCK IS SEVERA!!! Ahem sorry about that IS has just pumped me full of so much salt right now I can barely think

Next year it seems 😞

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Banner's an easy skip.

Cynthia: Most probably another lance flier. Not worth spending feathers on above 5*+2 unless she's a favorite. She's cute but there are other lance fliers I like more (like my 5+10+4 Cordelia).

Yarne: He's a Galeforce unit that doesn't need Heavy Blade/Flashing Blade. Though we kind of already have Naesala (aside from color), who can fly.

Kjelle: Another lance armored unit. Already have 5*+10 Effie and Gwendolyn. Also not really in need of Bold Fighter.

Brady: The most probable demote... assuming there is even going to be one.

Nah: The big prize of this banner IMO and of course she's red. Bonus Doubler and Infantry Breath! Also a chance for me to randomly pull Ares merges! Red's easily where my tickets are going to go.

Color priority: Red > Green > Blue > Colorless

Edited by Roflolxp54

Just now, Icelerate said:

Looks like no demote. Have they ever demoted a character who comes with a brand new skill? 

Meh, Atk/Res Push is not that great. They could demote Brady, he has nothing else amazing or OP

Oh yeah... Why does Yarne have Galeforce? Isn't he literally unable to get the skill in Awakening because Panne has no access to the Peg knight line and can't pass it down to him? I feel like IS just slapped it on him to make people want him for fodder.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Nym said:

Next year it seems 😞

*deeeeeep sigh* I hope to god you're right. I will give them one more chance though Summer banners are around the corner and last year had Cordelia and Noire on it and they seem to be referencing last year's seasonals this year so I swear to god this only way they'll be able to make it up to me

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah... Why does Yarne have Galeforce? Isn't he literally unable to get the skill in Awakening because Panne has no access to the Peg knight line and can't pass it down to him? I feel like IS just slapped it on him to make people want him for fodder.

It's basically IS trying to market new units by giving them usable kits right out of the box. Nothing new here.

14 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

To be honest, they're basically already in the game, particularly since Inigo and Severa don't even change class to Laslow and Selena aren't even different. As opposed to Owain who was completely different from Awakening to Fates in terms of a unit.

By this logic, green Olwen, Fallen Tiki and Fallen Corrin shouldn't exist.  These units have as much differentiation from their base units as Severa and Inigo have from Selena and Laslow.

IS has already proven they have no issue putting in alternate versions of characters from different points of their lives that have little differentiation from the base unit, nor do they have any issue messing with weapon loadouts.  Severa/Inigo could perfectly well end up as Axe infantry just like Raven did.

7 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

WHERE THE FUCK IS SEVERA!!! Ahem sorry about that IS has just pumped me full of so much salt right now I can barely think. Like I know my impatience here can seem a little selfish considering how thracia fans must feel but still....

I'm starting to think she's being saved for this year's Farfetched Heroes-type banner. At least, I hope so because I too am seriously thirsty for Severa and am also sad she's not here.

4 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Have they ever demoted a character who comes with a brand new skill? 

Literally our latest demote: Mordecai (Beast Exp. 3).

1 minute ago, Roflolxp54 said:

It's basically IS trying to market new units by giving them usable kits right out of the box. Nothing new here.

Figured. Still, they could've at least had that marketable skill actually make sense...

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Nym said:

Meh, Atk/Res Push is not that great. They could demote Brady, he has nothing else amazing or OP

IS has got very stingy when it comes to demotes since the end of book 2. In January, we got steady posture, in March we got steady posture again. In April, we got Beast Exp. While steady posture is decent, it's not worth demoting twice in a row IMO. Beast EXP is garbage. 

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Literally our latest demote: Mordecai (Beast Exp. 3).

I meant a skill that isn't hot garbage. 

Edited by Icelerate

1 minute ago, Ottservia said:

*deeeeeep sigh* I hope to god you're right. I will give them one more chance though Summer banners are around the corner and last year had Cordelia and Noire on it and they seem to be referencing last year's seasonals this year so I swear to god this only way they'll be able to make it up to me

I feel that she has a good shot at being in this year's Farfetched Heroes.

I’m curious to see what Cynthia will be like. I might make her my next grail project. Even if she’s a Lance Flier.

I’m not too keen on the actual banner units, myself, though Yarne looks like he’d be useful to have around.

Edited by LordFrigid

3 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

By this logic, green Olwen, Fallen Tiki and Fallen Corrin shouldn't exist. 

Yes they shouldn't exist IMO. Olwen didn't deserve an alt on Thracia's first banner. Tiki and Corrin had too many alts. 

5 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Looks like no demote. Have they ever demoted a character who comes with a brand new skill? 

Actually yes. Male Morgan was demoted and he introduced Dull Ranged. I think Ares had a new one too... but it was a dual seal skill or something.

What the hell!? Did they just put an armor knight in the normal summoning pool?

I was expecting some other game to get a shot (Hey IS, how about a Thracia banner to honor the new translation patch?), but New Heroes are New Heroes so I'll take 'em even if I don't know them. I also approve of not putting Inigo and Selena in there because yes I would complain about them being alts. "They have a different name though!" Yeah so does Spring Chrom. That's an alt.

1 minute ago, Silverly said:

Actually yes. Male Morgan was demoted and he introduced Dull Ranged. I think Ares had a new one too... but it was a dual seal skill or something.

I meant in the 4* pool without having to upgrade to 5* rarity. 

Edited by Icelerate

2 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

IS has got very stingy when it comes to demotes since the end of book 2. In January, we got steady posture, in March we got steady posture again. In April, we got Beast Exp. While steady posture is decent, it's not worth demoting twice in a row IMO. Beast EXP is garbage. 

I meant a skill that isn't hot garbage. 

he also has atk/def link which i like a lot.though have to pay for the 3rd link

You guys keep on hating, the delicious tears just make this banner that much better.

Poor Laurent, you think being Lucina's fastest support would mean something.

10 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Was Steady Posture on Reyson a new skill?

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm guess it's because Galeforce strats are one of the most popular strategy in AR and they wanted a unit out of the box for that exact purpose with Atk/Spd solo.

However, if you allow me to be the fanboy and nerd that I am, I COULD justify a part of his weapon and his kit. Remember that Yarne is a coward and he prefers to run away and hide instead of fighting a lot? Well notice that Galeforce pair well with Escape Route, so he hits and then run away like a coward with Escape Route.

3 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I thought Thea was demoted because of that new double seal skill that no one gave a shit about.

And there goes my orbs stash. Hopefully Cynthia is decent enough. Also Brady's art looks amazing and much better than in Awakening but skills wise he is the most boring one. Didn't care for Nah but her kit looks good. Nonetheless this is currently my favorite banner of 2019 after the Fallen heroes and Fates Beast.

Yarne's Escape Route is a nice reference to Future Past DLC. 

Now Awakening kids left normal Noire, Inigo, Severa and Laurent, just nice for another 4 units banner. Priam when IS

3 minutes ago, Silverly said:

Yeah, Ares had Seal Def/Res which is still exclusive to him. He also had Brazen Atk/Def which is a crazy good skill for a 4* (although it was already on Winter Chrom).

Edited by Jave