New Heroes Arrive: New Heroes (From a Future Past)

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Figured. Still, they could've at least had that marketable skill actually make sense...

Yarne's base kit is basically Yarne attempting to set up Galeforce without needing to use Heavy Blade or Flashing Blade. Escape Route is mostly because it fits Yarne's timid character though it can lead to some dumb setups especially if a WoM dancer were to get involved. Though Desperation is ultimately the best B-skill for Yarne. And there's Atk/Spd Solo (previously only available from Legend Eirika) being brought into the regular pool (though it's not necessarily the best A-skill for Galeforcing if Yarne has very high Atk).

Edited by Roflolxp54

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Fine, Reyson (Fortify Beasts) and if weapons count, also Thea (Vanguard+).

I meant on 4* rarity but I guess beast exp is the only one I can think of despite being garbage. 

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Was Steady Posture on Reyson a new skill?

No Quan came with it. 

5 minutes ago, Nym said:

I thought Thea was demoted because of that new double seal skill that no one gave a shit about.

She drops steady posture 2 at 4* rarity. You have to upgrade her to 5* rarity to get the double seal skill which I'm sure no one has done. 

1 minute ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Yarne's base kit is basically Yarne attempting to set up Galeforce without needing to use Heavy Blade or Flashing Blade. Escape Route is mostly because it fits Yarne's timid character though it can lead to some dumb setups especially if a WoM dancer were to get involved. Though Desperation is ultimately the best B-skill for Yarne. And there's Atk/Spd Solo (previously only available from Legend Eirika) being brought into the regular pool (though it's not necessarily the best A-skill for Galeforcing if Yarne has very high Atk).

Fallen Corrin already has atk/speed solo. 

Edited by Icelerate

Kjelle has at least 40 attack without her lance and Nah has 38 defense. Assuming no buffs or debuffs. Kjelle was able to get 16 damage from Draconic Aura meaning she needed at least 54 attack while Nah got 19 damage from Bonfire and that one is easy since it's half her defense.

As it stands, Kjelle has the same attack as Effie and the same HP as LA Eliwood. 47 HP is a -HP Effie and she and Effie are like +Atk LA Eliwood, but that's not possible for him.

Edited by Kaden

3 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

She drops steady posture 2 at 4* rarity. You have to upgrade her to 5* rarity to get the double seal skill which I'm sure no one has done. 

Ha that's even worse than I thought.

3 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I meant on 4* rarity but I guess beast exp is the only one I can think of despite being garbage. 

You also never specified that the new skill had to be the 4-star unlock in your question. You simply asked:

18 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Have they ever demoted a character who comes with a brand new skill?

The Push line of skills were niche and outclassed as soon as S!Tana introduced arguably the best one almost a year ago.  Infantry Pulse is more meta-relevant than Rush is, and that's on a free unit.  IS would have grown stingy indeed to go two New Hero banners in a row without a demote just to keep such "premium" skills locked to 5*.

I was hoping this banner would entice me to spend some orbs, but I I think I'm going to have to pass.  It sort of bums me out, considering this will likely be the last New Hero banner for a while before the inevitable back-to-back to summer seasonals I certainly won't be pulling on.  This is going to be boring month. 

19 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I meant in the 4* pool without having to upgrade to 5* rarity. 

Silvia with Deluge Dance and Libra with Spur Atk/Res.

Also, that question is irrelevant if Brady's 4* skill is Infantry Rush, anyway.

Oh, good, there's no one on this banner that I care too much about, as I haven't played Awakening past only a few chapters in.

Yarne and Nah look pretty good, but nothing about them scream "must have" to me. Bonus Doubler entering the standard pool is nice, though Roy is ultimately going to be the more accessible source. Infantry Breath is also pretty nice, though its 1-range effect is pretty limiting, especially when you consider that you generally want your support unit 2 squares back to avoid being hit by ranged enemies.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Infantry Breath is also pretty nice, though its 1-range effect is pretty limiting, especially when you consider that you generally want your support unit 2 squares back to avoid being hit by ranged enemies.

Oh, huh, I assumed it had the usual 2-range. That's disappointing.

Every banner release, I get scared that they will never demote more than one unit just for the sake of exclusivity. No one got demoted last month, and the 4* characters that were introduced are limited characters.

21 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

WHERE THE FUCK IS SEVERA!!! Ahem sorry about that IS has just pumped me full of so much salt right now I can barely think. Like I know my impatience here can seem a little selfish considering how thracia fans must feel but still....

Not to mention the number of Thracia fans is now increasing a little with the new English patch completed. Although the game is still held back by most of the cast having little or no character.

I mean Reinhardt, the hotshot T776 villain in FEH has yet to actually appear and say a single line. And I'm at the start Chapter 18 of 25 (+8 sidequest ones)! Chapters 10, 11, and I think 11x all hype him up, and Chapters 16 and 17 mention him again if you pick the coastal route as opposed to the totally different inland path to Leonster, but Reinhardt has not actually shown up at all. I've Olwen, I've killed Kempf, and Olwen electrocuted a bunch of Reinhardt's Rapier & Thoron-wielding Gelbenritter from across a river, but nothing from him himself.

While I'll get to updating my database topic tomorrow, I'd just like to say that Awakening's playable characters in Fire Emblem Heroes with this New Heroes banner and GHB has reached 34/51, or exactly 66.66% (not counting Noire, PA Inigo, Laslow, or Selena, but counting the Morgans and Robins as separate characters).

Awakening's 2/3rds of its roster being in now just barely overtakes Fates and its 45/70 (64.29%) as being the game with the most playable representation by percentage in FEH. It was third place beforehand at 56.86% if you didn't include the Cipher Quartet in the SoV count (58.82%).

Now things are just looking really overdue for Magvel, which is doesn't have as flat characters as Archanea and Thracia, so you can't use that argument against it. This is despite its non-Creature Campaign playable roster being the smallest in FE (counting the two FE4 Gens as one).

30 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Fallen Corrin has atk/spd solo as well. 

...okay I understand why Barrier Lance is necessary, but... REALLY? Just up and make Him unimportant...

Yarne looks pretty standard as far as banners go, having that one SUPER FAST SUPER STRONG unit. I do wanna say that I hate how they completely botched his presentation. I mean, he's supposed to be a freaking coward who runs away if you take out the knife with all the little teeth on it, but all I got out of this was that he is "the last of his people" and also a grunt. WHERE THE HELL IS HIS SHARP, POINTY TEETH?!

Kjelle... if it weren't for Bold Fighter putting a wrench in plans, I'd go out on a limb and say she's gonna demote. She just looks like she's gonna be a bulky Lance Armor.

Brady... he looks pretty normal as far as healers go. Not very interesting, but will probably still be good due to being a Gen 3 unit...

Nah... she looks good, I dunno what else to say about her. Bonus Doubler might feel a little wasted since she'd probably get the DC treatment anyways, but whatever. Infantry Breath looks neat, if a little misleading. I mean, Red usually means a boost to Attack, not Def/Res...

easiest skip, i couldn't care less about anyone of this bunch of losers

i just hope cynthia is a good fodder

Edited by Yexin

8 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Yarne looks pretty standard as far as banners go, having that one SUPER FAST SUPER STRONG unit. I do wanna say that I hate how they completely botched his presentation. I mean, he's supposed to be a freaking coward who runs away if you take out the knife with all the little teeth on it, but all I got out of this was that he is "the last of his people" and also a grunt. WHERE THE HELL IS HIS SHARP, POINTY TEETH?!

He has Galeforce, which can be interpreted as "hit & run" I guess?

Yarne's Skills are actually perfect for him~

Galeforce - Attacking and Fleeing

Escape Route - He's a coward

Atk/Spd Solo/Spd Wave - Increased potential in battle when he's by himself because he's scared to die, needs to be fast to escape his foes

Bunny Fang - When he's on low health, he makes it easier to Galeforce, I.E., to run away~

Best Bunny done justice~

Nice to see more Awakening kids. I do have a soft spot for all of them, that being said, I don't really need them, so I'll do the free summon and then continue on my quest for Bride Caeda.

41 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although the game is still held back by most of the cast having little or no character.

I guess the older games having better written characters was a lie. I wonder if the elitists try to argue FE1, FE2, FE3 and FE5 have better characters than FE13, FE14 or FE15. 

Did Brady's VA change? I don't think Patrick Seitz voiced him in Awakening, unless I'm misremembering things...

Looking it up, yeah, looks like another one of Travis Willingham's roles went to Patrick Seitz. Guess Travis doesn't work on FE stuff anymore like Laura Bailey. I'm guessing unions, or they are focused on more higher-profile roles.
I still don't play FEH, but it's nice to see these characters show up with new art and more voiceovers.