New Heroes Arrive: New Heroes (From a Future Past)

Kind of surprised they showed the trailer tonight but I guess they wanted to get the reveal out of the way before E3 stuff happens.

Figured Awakening got the banner this time since it has been almost a year since their last New Heroes banner. Most likely the last banner with new characters from older games before Three Houses takes over the New Heroes banners. Kind of happy yet concerned to see Cynthia, the only gen 2 Awakening kid I liked besides Owain and F!Morgan. Happy I don't have to spend orbs for her yet Cynthia will most likely be decent at best as a unit. I also don't really have a need for yet another lance flier either. Wonder if Milla Maxwell Minae Noji will voice her again or if they will get someone else?

So yeah, banner is a skip for me since I would rather spend orbs trying to get Linde on her revival banner next week. Also kind of glad that Awakening Anna wasn't here as a GHB unit because it makes it look more likely she will show up on Farfetched Heroes later this year

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm, nothing here interests me. Barrier Lance is just Berkut’s Lance with a different name and the only one I’d be interested on is free. 

Kjelle has a weird set, though. Her weapon wants her to be defensive but she has Bold Fighter...is this another attempt at a mixed phase unit, developers? Was Legendary Lyn not enough? 

Easy skip. 

6 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I guess the older games having better written characters was a lie. I wonder if the elitists try to argue FE1, FE2, FE3 and FE5 have better characters than FE13, FE14 or FE15. 

FEs 1-3? Pfffffffffffffffff!

There are characters in these games who don't say a single word, not introduced, not when they die. FE just didn't have the resources in the 8-bit and early 16-bit era to do so for everyone in their rosters, only some got good bits of characterization. Things were getting a little better with 3, but not to the point that everyone had significant character. Even glorious Final Fantasy VI has some characters solely of charm and not depth or development.

FE4 gives almost its entire Gen 1 playable roster of 24 nice little personalities (I think Chulainn is just kind of there), but Gen 2 suffers from child variability. 

FE5 is something of a step back to FE3 I think.

FE6 invents Support conversations, and it is here where the effort to establish "real characterization for all!" begins.

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

Bold Fighter to the masses would cause such chaos. Making it more available to freebie armors like Arden, the Black Knight, winter Cecilia, Halloween Dorcas, LA Eliwood, and Zephiel is just asking for trouble. And there's Draug, Effie, Gwendolyn, and Sheena on the summonable side. Especially Effie with her high attack.

Bold Fighter isn’t that good, yo. Ranged armors like Jakob use it the best. Using melee armors on player phase is generally a bad idea. Special Fighter on the other hand is really good and less likely for a demote.

I think fighter skills will eventually get a demote, BF first. Probably not with this banner though.

Yarne looks really good, mostly because the only good melee green cavalier is Frederick.

I wonder how many people will get baited into pulling for Nah, thinking her Slot C is a good skill.

Edited by MrSmokestack

No Inigo ,Laurent, or Cynthia but oh well. At least I don't have to listen Mick Wingert as Inigo. Man I miss Liam O Brien.  As well as Travis Willingham as Brady. Skipping because I don't need anyone nor am I terribly crazy over them.

So upset and excited at the same time. I loved Yarne & Brady so much, but their artwork is literally atrocious imo, so I'm not going to pull for them, because they'd ruin the aesthetic of my teams. How hard is it to have pretty attacking artwork for my favs? Lol.

So I'm upset their artwork is so bad, but I also reallllly don't have the orbs for characters I want, so I'm excited for an opportunity to keep saving! Hah.

I despised Cynthia in Awakening (but less so than her annoying mother) so I care 0 about her. And I never got Nah because I also hate the idea of loli characters, so I never married Nowi off because she looked like a child (even though I know it was the future, but she was gonna stay looking like that, and at least with Lissa, I knew she was going to LOOK like an adult in 5 years when she could conceivably have a child).

Kjelle I liked, but I think her artwork is also really bad, and I always had her as a Swordmaster in my game (because I refused to have any armor units! lol). So easy skip overall. But glad they're all getting added! Now I just need Inigo and Severa (but drawn well!). 

I can respect this Banner and them giving the focus to some of the none superstars. No trio alts here.

The problem with this banner for me is that I’m just kind of lukewarm about most non Morgan/Lucina/Owain/Inigo kids.

I like that someone like Yarne could make it in, but I also think he’s meh.

Kjelle is one of my least favourite characters and she even comes with a lame Aether raid skill.

Nah is fine. Just a normal pick.

Brady is probably my favourite, but he is looking oh so unimpressive.

I think this is a skip for me, but I do hope they wil keep making banners like this.

Edited by Sasori

Gah! Brady, Yarne, and Nah right when I have no orbs? Just my luck. But whatever I’m so happy they’re here at all!! They even have pretty good skills when I figured they’d probably get a mediocre set. Hopefully their stats are good too.

The one bad thing is I don’t really see anyone dropping. I think Kjelle would have been a good drop candidate but she has bold fighther and I don’t see that dropping down anytime soon if ever. I feel like Brady could drop but Infantry Rush and the new Push skill feel like it might prevent him from dropping.

Ah, wish Heroes would just be introduced with their their lower rarity instead of having to wait until after the banner to see who drops (if any) that way it’d be easier to have my priorities straight. Whatever, I’m going all in on Brady and if he ends up demoting then so be it.

I love this banner. Probably my favorite one so far this year. Only thing that would have made it better was if Severa was here but this is already amazing.

If anyone demotes its Brady, Push skills are overshadowed by solo and bonds and infantry rush isn't a particularly good skill (besides at least one of the main buffing skills for each team type is in the 4* pool why can't infantry have its weakest one there too) but if we are being real here this is going to be another banner like the fates banner and no one will drop 

23 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

No Inigo ,Laurent, or Cynthia but oh well. At least I don't have to listen Mick Wingert as Inigo. Man I miss Liam O Brien.  As well as Travis Willingham as Brady. Skipping because I don't need anyone nor am I terribly crazy over them.

Cynthia is the GHB this time around so that’s fun

28 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Bold Fighter isn’t that good, yo. Ranged armors like Jakob use it the best. Using melee armors on player phase is generally a bad idea. Special Fighter on the other hand is really good and less likely for a demote.

I think fighter skills will eventually get a demote, BF first. Probably not with this banner though.

Yarne looks really good, mostly because the only good melee green cavalier is Frederick.

I wonder how many people will get baited into pulling for Nah, thinking her Slot C is a good skill.

Completely agree with this. From my exp, decently fast Armors like BK and Eliwood always want Special Fighter over Bold for stronger dual phase and Slow Armor's like Effie and H!Dorcas prefer Wary or Vengeful Fighter to help their durability / enemy phase. While the effects of Bold Fighter are nice, it doesn't work out too well in practice because Melee armors are super easy to play around against w/ movement assisting skills, gravity, etc. so they aren't able to use the skill well for the most part.

Good Lord am I tired of people complaining in New Heroes banners because they didn't get the very specific units that they personally wanted.

Stop being so fucking selfish. 

Edited by Vince777

31 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Good Lord am I tired of people complaining in New Heroes banners because they didn't get the very specific units that they personally wanted.

just... ignore them?

if you're happy with new heroes banner, does it mean everyone else should be happy as well? is your happiness not enough for you?

also, isn't saying "i'm ok with this and if you're not you should keep quiet" selfish as well? it's like you're forcing your own point of view on others, which is not cool

Edited by Yexin

25 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Wha?

People complaining on a new hero banner? Perish the thought

4 minutes ago, Yexin said:

just... ignore them?

if you're happy with new heroes banner, does it mean everyone else should be happy as well? is your happiness not enough for you?

also, isn't saying "i'm ok with this and if you're not you should keep quiet" selfish as well? it's like you're forcing your own point of view on others, which is not cool

I care little about the characters introduced in this particular banner and would have actually loved to see Severa in it as well. She's my favourite Awakening kid. 

However, I understand that other people likely were waiting for the characters that are on it and have gotten their wish. I'm happy for them. I understand I won't always get what I prefer and that other people have different favourite units and I won't be a brat whenever I don't get what I wished for.

Some people, always the same people, and being the brats and yes it does get annoying. 

3 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

I care little about the characters introduced in this particular banner and would have actually loved to see Severa in it as well. She's my favourite Awakening kid. 

However, I understand that other people likely were waiting for the characters that are on it and have gotten their wish. I'm happy for them. I understand I won't always get what I prefer and that other people have different favourite units and I won't be a brat whenever I don't get what I wished for.

Some people, always the same people, and being the brats and yes it does get annoying. 

well, that's your problem then, because people are allowed to complain when a new heroes banner doesn't feature their favorite unit, just like you are to be happy about whatever pleases you

btw i don't care enough about this discussion to keep it going, so i'm out

hope you can find peace

Darn. Going to have to skip, despite Nah and Yarne being on here. Looks like Kjelle will demote. Also, I love what the artist did with Brady. XD Hmm want him, too! But, going to have to skip. My orbs really need to replenish.

3 hours ago, Jave said:

Pretty cool banner. Will probably summon until I get one.

Also, in-game note says Cynthia is the freebie. REALLY glad I don't have to spend orbs on her.

Also paging @Nowi's Husband Look who's here!

Just in time too, I was about to cave and pull for Pulse Smoke fodder, glad I saved.   Will have almost 400 orbs ready, daddy's here for you Nah.  Should be enough to +1 her for bane removal, then I'll save orbs to get more copies on reruns till she's +10 someday.  Her moveset is absolutely stacked, wow.  Gonna give her DC though over her inherent BD, her weapon is too good to replace with LB+.  

Edited by Nowi's Husband

Oh man, they just had to bring out Brady and Nah when I am fresh out of (unsuccessfully spent) orbs. I have no choice but to skip out on this one. Sorry, Maribelle..

Though Nah being infantry red makes it less hard for me, since I couldn't face replacing my decently merged Baby!Tiki. Don't need to spent orbs for a dust gatherer, I suppose.

Brady doesn't have too good a set, so I am really hoping he'll demote in a few weeks time. The sensitive son needs to join his moms and bro.

Not spending any orbs here, but content enough with the list being added. (In fact, if IS could add no desirable units until the July legendary that'd be great thanks 😛 ) I barely used the 2nd gen characters in Awakening because I had little reason to change my existing team, and in terms of personality they overall seem a bit more gimmicky and overdone than their parents - interesting because in Fates the parents become just as kooky as the kids.

While I'm not against Inigo and Severa eventually being added in terms of character (after all, having one alt is hardly a crime), I'm fearful of it because they're both likely to be sword infantries. At least Owain had a different class, but even then I'd rather he not have been added in the manner he was.

been a while since I've seen a hard skip like this, even nah ended up being the least appealing color possible so my odds of pulling are low. doesn't help that these are the worst of the awakening kids (cept for nah of course), only missing laurent.

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

Mordecai with Infantry Breath can Smite Nah or any Distant Counter infantry tank Sung to by VS!Azura into enemies.

Nah can also probably tank Reinhardt with Deflect Magic, although Ophelia is still a problem.

I mean I could guess off the title, but I didn't see anything before the trailer started.

We've got 4 kids! Yarne first, as a green beast cav with Bunny Fang (Spd +3, Cav effectiveness, -2 on the cooldown after battle (which is likely before Galeforce. So much cheese.) and beast cav stuff.), Galeforce, Atk/Spd Solo, Escape Route and Odd Spd Wave (Oh my, that speed and running away build). Kjelle is a lance armour (WE'VE GOTTEN NONE OUTSIDE SEASONALS FOR AGES) with Barrier Lance (RIP Berkut Lance), Draconic Aura, AR-D Def/Res and Bold Fihgter (So some damm fine fodder). Brady is a staff infantry and has Slow+ (Feels bad man), Recover+, Heavenly Light, Atk/Res Push and Infantry Rush (I'm going to have to pass on best kid. Oh.). Nah is a Red Infantry Dragon with Oracle's Breath (Atk +3, if unit has Hone boost foe can't double, adaptive damage), Bonfire, Bonus Doubler (She's soo much fodder), QR3 and Infantry Breath 3 (Gives infantry allies +2 Def/Res and +1 on their cooldown charge. Actually seems pretty cool).

So just Severa, Inigo, Laurent and Noire left. Also Brady's likely demoted. No sign of the GHB unit in the trailer but it's Cynthia, which is funny enough.

2 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Why would you say it's a terrible skill?

Edited by Dayni