New Heroes Arrive: New Heroes (From a Future Past)

No alts, no blatant powercreep. Seems like a solid banner to me.

Also Brady, its been a while since I character I actually want was added to the game. Just Noire and Gregor now and Im done with awakening banners at least.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Mordecai with Infantry Breath can Smite Nah or any Distant Counter infantry tank Sung to by VS!Azura into enemies.

Nah can also probably tank Reinhardt with Deflect Magic, although Ophelia is still a problem.

I wonder if its a typo/misstranslation and its a during combat buff and not an actuall visible buff how it is described. but who knows!

Wouldn't be surprised if no demote even though Brady is probably the weakest link. Was really surprised that Yarne is somewhat powerful. He seemed to be on the lower end of the popularity spectrum for Awakening kids. Only characters that I'm somewhat excited for is Cynthia and Kjelle though the latter doesn't seem to be the demote. So if they gave Thea a mediocre stat spread quite curious about Cynthia. My guess is that she'll have her mother's statline with a few points of speed funneled into res🤣.

But let's be real. If atk/res push gets introduced into the 4* pool it'll be miles better than deluge dance and beast exp. Infantry rush wouldn't also be so bad as well. It's better than nothing and helps the colorless pool.

Edited by redlight

I'll just go for a free pull and save orbs. On the other hand, free Cynthia! She may be another Lance Flier... but they're always a welcome addition to my Air Force.

Edited by Frosty

Final note, it seems that aside from Severa and Inigo the Awakening kids are pretty much done with flagships to carry their banners. Unless some new Lucina/Femorgan alt comes or something

As said Brady and Kjelle. I am happy about them. I have almost no hope for a demote.
Thanks to Nanna maybe a very little hope that Brady will be demoted. I will target for them with the Tickets. But I won't go overboard. 

Oho! This banner is so easy to skip! Using my tickets on the red orbs, and then that's all!

More orbs were saved for Hector's Weekly Banner.

I can say that Nah as a huge fodder potential! Bonus Doubler and basically Spur Breath? These are great skills! Lucius will probably get the "Spur Breath", and Odin would enjoy some Bonus Doubler.

I can see Brady being demoted.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Nothing really gets me super excited here except for Yarne’s Galeforce and Cynthia in general. Only thing is I’m used to seeing her with blue hair and they’ll probably give her brown

7 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Brady. ;A; I didn't think I'd ever see the day where he got added. Easily one of my most beloved characters. Maybe even my favorite Awakening character. People are gonna' hate on this banner, but I'm so happy to see these guys added. This is some good diversity. 

Thought of you when I saw Brady on the video haha

But yes Brady is here! Surprising, because he was pretty low in CYL stuff so woooo!

Doesn't matter if his kit is pretty meh, I hope i can get him with my low orbs (Darn shouldn't bored-summon  for more 5 stars on the Naga banner..). I like that he has Slow, since I think only Wrys and Mist has it, even if it'll most likely be replaced with Gravity/Pain.

I might have to do some CCs then. One one hand, I hope he demotes, but I don't pull on colourless enough so I may not get him until much later (and i still haven't seen Thea, and only have 1 Mordecai/Reyson after all this time..). 4 unit banners are rough for me but at least the smaller colourless pool should hopefully work out....please game?

Funny thing about him having a Push skill...it kind of works with his character since he wants to push himself to be a fighter but he can't (in his supports anyway). 

Speaking of fitting skills, had to laugh at Yarne's Escape Route. On the other hand, unlike in Awakening, he can finally join the Galeforce club. Even funny is how Nah can't learn GF in Feh instead (doesn't look like she'd need it anyway)

Hope Cynthia has decent stats/skills. The Justice Cabal can finally be reunited! Poor Laurent though.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

No sign of the GHB unit in the trailer but it's Cynthia, which is funny enough.

She actually can be seen in the trailer but she's obscured by the text.

2 hours ago, redlight said:

Final note, it seems that aside from Severa and Inigo the Awakening kids are pretty much done with flagships to carry their banners. Unless some new Lucina/Femorgan alt comes or something

Laurent is actually the only reamining Awakening kid not in the game at all. Inigo is certainly in as an alt (like Noire) and Severa is as Selena~

@mcsilas Good luck pulling him! I fell into the same trap of bored pulling on the newest bridal banner. On one hand, I got another Veronica to patch up her -ATK. One the other hand, I'd much rather have Brady. XD I'll have to see how this goes. I need my dorky, big tough, sensitive violinist. Laurent would be nice. He's one of those characters I warmed up to in subsequent playthroughs...  

I’m skipping this banner. Nothing against the characters, but I was really hoping it would be Archanea considering it’s way overdue for a new banner at this point. I’m also not super attached to any of the non-Lucina kids besides Morgan and the trio of Owain, Severa, and Inigo.

Speaking of Severa and Inigo, I wouldn’t mind their Awakening selves beings added, but I would want them as a Bow Cav and Axe Infantry respectively, because otherwise they would just be the same as Selena and Laslow.

Now this is what I call a nice banner. Only new units, no alts. 5 new characters added at the same time.

There is even kind of a balance of genders with two guys, if you care about that.

PERFECTION! I will summon until I get at least one of them. Luckily there is one of each color so I can do full summons.

Also it's heartwarming that Panne, Nowi, Sully, Maribelle and Sumia can reunite with their kids. I'm sure I'll see a lot of fanarts about that.

And of course people will still complain about a banner that adds a lot of units and no alts. Which is what we always say we want more of.

"Ugh, but why did they have to pick THESE units? Why not Laurent or Severa? Why Gen 2, couldn't they pick Gen 1?" Laurent and the others will get their chance another day. It's not like we won't see another Awakening ever again. Just be patient.

Same thing for those who are complaining that it's Awakening. It's been almost a year since the last Awakening banner, calm down. They aren't shoving it in your mouth.

7 hours ago, Icelerate said:

I guess the older games having better written characters was a lie. I wonder if the elitists try to argue FE1, FE2, FE3 and FE5 have better characters than FE13, FE14 or FE15. 

I think most of the people saying that are comparing FE13/14 to FE6-10, not to the really old ones. I also don't see people tend to group FE15 with the new non-remake games in that way, and it'd be quite impressive to find someone who thinks FE2 was better written.

3 hours ago, redlight said:

But let's be real. If atk/res push gets introduced into the 4* pool it'll be miles better than deluge dance and beast exp. Infantry rush wouldn't also be so bad as well. It's better than nothing and helps the colorless pool.

Also miles worse than Dull Ranged, Wo Gun, Harmonic Lance, Atk Tactic, Reyson in general, etc.

After Reyson, Thea, and Mordecai, the idea of Brady being too premium to demote is just silly.

Brady is the only character on this banner that I like (and I would be quite happy if he drops), so I'm skipping it. Pretty much every Awakening character of value is already in the game, so it would be hard for them to add anyone without scraping the bottom of the barrel (but they should have picked Say'Ri, Flavia, Basilio, and Priam with Yen'Fay as the GHB).

Used all 250 of my orbs on the VG banner with Sigurd, Quan, Deirdre, and Karla instead. Got Karla, Quan, Laevatain, Helbindi, and flying Olivia. Not a bad result, and I'm glad that they revealed the new heroes before that banner expired.

Edited by Etheus

36 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Speaking of Severa and Inigo, I wouldn’t mind their Awakening selves beings added, but I would want them as a Bow Cav and Axe Infantry respectively, because otherwise they would just be the same as Selena and Laslow.

This is the problem I had with the trio's treatment in Fates, as in why Owain is the only one who got a different class with diff weapon. I hope they are different than their Fates counterpart as well but frankly I don't think either of them would look good as axe infantry. 

1 minute ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

This is the problem I had with the trio's treatment in Fates, as in why Owain is the only one who got a different class with diff weapon. I hope they are different than their Fates counterpart as well but frankly I don't think either of them would look good as axe infantry. 

They both promote to Hero, which can use axes, so it’s not really out of the question, especially since Raven is an axe user in Heroes despite primarily being a sword user in FE7

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Also miles worse than Dull Ranged, Wo Gun, Harmonic Lance, Atk Tactic, Reyson in general, etc.

After Reyson, Thea, and Mordecai, the idea of Brady being too premium to demote is just silly.

Just because something is mediocre doesn't mean it's in the same tier as garbage. At least there's an avenue for new builds that have uses for players if it becomes available as there haven't been many A-slot skills demoted into the summoning pool. It's definitely no Fury, but it scores better and is a rare source for an A-slot skill that's automatically available in the 3-4* summoning that scores 240 (if Brady does demote and he'll give his push skill at 4* rarity). But I'm pressing X to doubt Dull Ranged being much more useful.

1 hour ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

@mcsilas Good luck pulling him! I fell into the same trap of bored pulling on the newest bridal banner. On one hand, I got another Veronica to patch up her -ATK. One the other hand, I'd much rather have Brady. XD I'll have to see how this goes. I need my dorky, big tough, sensitive violinist. Laurent would be nice. He's one of those characters I warmed up to in subsequent playthroughs...  

Yeah it's unfortunate that they don't announce new heroes banners until a few days after the legendary banner ends lately.

I wanna go back to the days when I can check the new heroes trailer before deciding to continue the legendary banner or not lol

9 minutes ago, redlight said:

Just because something is mediocre doesn't mean it's in the same tier as garbage. At least there's an avenue for new builds that have uses for players if it becomes available as there haven't been many A-slot skills demoted into the summoning pool. It's definitely no Fury, but it scores better and is a rare source for an A-slot skill that's automatically available in the 3-4* summoning that scores 240 (if Brady does demote and he'll give his push skill at 4* rarity). But I'm pressing X to doubt Dull Ranged being much more useful.

There are potential uses for it, but nothing outside of the range of what's already established as viable for the 4* pool.

Even looking just at 240-point A skills on demotes, we've gotten Steady Posture on Thea and Reyson, plus Brazen Atk/Def on Ares. If we include skills where the highest tier is only available at 5*, that also includes Mirror Stance on Silvia and Swift Strike on Legault. Brady's Atk/Res Push could very well get that same treatment if they want to make it rarer than Infantry Rush, although I do think it'll be his 4* skill.

Ooh my favorite Awakening kid finally got into Heroes!  I always really liked Brady so all my free pulls will go to trying for him, but I really need to save orbs so I won't be spending for him.  Also the first male staff user added to the general pool since Lucius!  I have to skip this banner because I don't have orbs, but I am quite happy with it because no alts.

8 hours ago, XRay said:

Mordecai with Infantry Breath can Smite Nah or any Distant Counter infantry tank Sung to by VS!Azura into enemies.

Nah can also probably tank Reinhardt with Deflect Magic, although Ophelia is still a problem.

Infantry Breath is not a hone buff. It’s a Spur that gives a Breath effect similar to how Infantry Flash / Infantry Rush are Drives that give Blade effects.

Of course, I could be wrong if the JP text says something else, cause gently caress ENG having accurate descriptions right?

7 hours ago, Dayni said:

Why would you say it's a terrible skill?

Keep in mind my analysis is for AR. Everything is good in PvE and most things work in arena.

Infantry Breath’s issue is twofold; opportunity cost and positioning.

As I explained above, Infantry Breath is a spur buff. This means your support unit has to be right next to the tank to give the Breath effect. However, positioning is a luxury you are not always afforded in AR. You may need to keep your units within two spaces or even far away to avoid getting hit when baiting.

In addition, the existence of Breath heavily influences the build you bring. A build relying on Breath that doesn’t consistently get the Breath effect will suffer from consistency issues.

I largely consider Drives to be the best support skill in AR, since they work with anyone, can stack, and are immune to Panic. Reliability is a huge deal in a game like AR where you can’t afford to be at even a slight disadvantage.

Now, put that skill on a 5* exclusive red melee unit of all things, and you get the perfect bait skill. It looks good on the surface, but its weaknesses are subtle yet significant.

Edited by MrSmokestack

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Of course, I could be wrong if the JP text says something else, cause gently caress ENG having accurate descriptions right?

The japanese text says the same. It will work like a Spur skill, which is kind of a bummer for the skill. At least in AR it will be difficult to setup. Just cannot imagine it. 
I don't know if there might be a way to setup a double supertank team with this C skill which are clinging to each other and both survive any threats..