New Heroes Arrive: New Heroes (From a Future Past)

35 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Are you sure about that? There's nothing really stopping them from making seasonal alts of the 3DS beast characters.

2 minutes ago, Jave said:

Imagine an IntSys executive trying to come up with the next banner.

Suddenly, they look at a picture of a catgirl and another picture of a girl in a swimsuit. 

*Slams desk* “I GOT IT!!!”

Yeah, we need cat girls in skimpy bikinis!

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Jave said:

Suddenly, they look at a picture of a catgirl and another picture of a girl in a swimsuit. 

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Yeah, we need cat girls in skimpy bikinis!

That's what I mean. Now that IS went through their popular beast characters I think they are more likely to just add seasonal variants and make different colors for them then added the unpopular ones. Wouldn't be surprised to see Selkie and Velouria alts before the end of the year.

1 hour ago, Jave said:

If those are what the executives have on their desks for some reason, uh.... why?

Although this is apparently a conference room at Game Freak- the Pokemon makers:

l_5cbf03e6ec1d4_thumb.jpg

I assumed we'd get Seasonal Beasties months ago. So many color and movement types to cover, so very few units to do it with. 

1 hour ago, NSSKG151 said:

That's what I mean. Now that IS went through their popular beast characters I think they are more likely to just add seasonal variants and make different colors for them then added the unpopular ones. Wouldn't be surprised to see Selkie and Velouria alts before the end of the year.

Wolfssenger Velouria and Keaton plz

2 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Wolfssenger Velouria and Keaton plz

I was mostly talking about seasonals but now that you mention it do their promoted selves look any different? I haven't used them since my first playthrough of Conquest but from what I remember I don't think their promoted forms looked any different.

Edit: Also, I see you are Little Miss Nah now, nice.

Edited by NSSKG151

3 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

I was mostly talking about seasonals but now that you mention it do their promoted selves look any different? I haven't used them since my first playthrough of Conquest but from what I remember I don't think their promoted forms looked any different.

Edit: Also, I see you are Little Miss Nah now, nice.

Yep, they turn black (outfit and transformed beast)~

latest?cb=20160214055530

latest?cb=20160214042950

And yep!~ Gotta represent my daughter-in-law~

Obviously seasonal variants for some of the beasts that are already in the game like Ranulf, Lethe, Selkie, and Velouria isn't out of the question. I just meant like if they wanted to add more beasts that aren't already in the game, they have to pull from Tellius, since we have all of the 3DS beasts in the game now

22 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

i heard she’a bad at cooking but not sure if it’s too absurd levels like the others

We never actually see her cook in PoR or RD, but as she describes an incident:

Tanith: I may be a fine warrior, but… It’s embarrassing to admit, but I can’t even crack an egg without hurting someone. The last meal I prepared at the academy took three of our finest generals out of action for nearly a month.

If you looked at the cooking trait each character is most likely (it could be anything, it's leans towards getting a particular one) to add to a meal they make in Fates's Mess Hall, and then see what statistically that trait does to the cooked food, you can tweeze out all the good, bad, and in-between chefs from that game.

The best traits in gameplay are Exquisite in 1st place, and then Delicious and Mouthwatering tied in 2nd. Exquisite is the most common of: Jakob, Peri, Percy, and Anna. Delicious is the most common trait of: Mozu, Mitama, Caeldori, Dwyer, and Flora. Mouthwatering is the most common trait of: Azura, and Shigure.

The worst traits in gameplay, the ones that actually decrease the food effects, are:

• Reckless- Arthur, Hinoka
  • Disgusting- Setsuna
  • Revolting- Keaton, Velouria
  • The 2nd worst cooking trait, Burnt- Rinkah (negates the food bonuses altogether)
  • The absolute worst cooking trait, Noxious- Felicia, Reina (-1 Spd/Def/Res, +1 Str/Mag)

Ya boy Silas most commonly cooks Standard food- which has no bonus effects good or bad whatsoever, it's perfectly neutral. It is the most common trait of Takumi, Kiragi, and Benny too.

Odin and Ophelia make Chosen-y food. Selena is just a hair short of making bad food- her most common trait is Prickly, like her soul. Laslow is the best chef of the Awakening Gen 2 trio, Fanciful- but it only boosts the ladies' stats. Rhajat's Dedicated food oddly only buffs Corrin's stats. And Asugi of course is Supersweet.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Much rather Seasonal beast units be made from characters who are not beasts in their source games. Beasts getting made into slightly different beasts is just boring and defeats the purpose of seasonals.

19 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Much rather Seasonal beast units be made from characters who are not beasts in their source games. Beasts getting made into slightly different beasts is just boring and defeats the purpose of seasonals.

That wouldn't really make sense though

1 minute ago, Gregster101 said:

That wouldn't really make sense though

That is precisely the point, seasonals aren't meant to make sense. I prefer when they deviate from canon as much as possible, because screw canon. Canon already has a monopoly on regular units which is more than good enough.

42 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

That is precisely the point, seasonals aren't meant to make sense. I prefer when they deviate from canon as much as possible, because screw canon. Canon already has a monopoly on regular units which is more than good enough.

You can really only go so far when deviating from canon though. They aren't gonna have regular human characters suddenly transform into cats, tigers, birds, foxes, wolves, etc.

Edited by Gregster101

You can really only go so far when deviating from canon though. They aren't gonna have regular human characters suddenly transform into cats, tigers, birds, foxes, wolves, etc.

No good reason for it other than that some people really value canon. I am not one of them. You may feel that they shouldn't deviate so far, but that's purely a personal preference, not something set in stone.

I would love to see Cain transform into an actual bull. Abel into an actual Panther. Frederick into an actual bear. Camilla into an actual cow. Actually that'd be a pretty solid first-up seasonal banner.

They should! FE has MAGIC! Seasonals aren't serious!

Normally, I would take issue in FE if suddenly a non-Manakete/Dragon Laguz was able to take dragon form out of nowhere with no explanation given. But if the context is a hungry Delthea who eats so much Halloween candy that they magically turn into a dragon that breathes deadly sugary breath, then I won't give a care about logic. Give me Virion the Love Rub Bunny due to a magic rose or something too.

They only have so many canon shapeshifters, I don't want the handful that exist to get a super duper amount of Seasonal alts because IS wanted to do Breath/Beast units for a given Seasonal banner. If Myrrh/Tiki/Fae gets another Seasonal Breath alt, it'll be one too many.

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

Camilla into an actual cow.

I want to see a variable ranged beast Camilla that can shoot milk out of her Firesweep Udders at 2 range if transformed. She will have the BST of melee units with the reach of ranged units.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I want to see a variable ranged beast Camilla that can shoot milk out of her Firesweep Udders at 2 range if transformed. She will have the BST of melee units with the reach of ranged units.

I've a pH of 7 with Camilla, but this sounds a bit harsh. Criticize her outfit and her character as one may, I still don't think one should seriously compare a virtual human female to a bovine.

22 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I've a pH of 7 with Camilla, but this sounds a bit harsh. Criticize her outfit and her character as one may, I still don't think one should seriously compare a virtual human female to a bovine.

Not that necessarily I support the design, but the Cowmilla thing comes from the art director of the game as quoted in some sort of artbook.

26 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

XRay is a Camilla fan though.

Both Yarne and Nah are gotten~ Nah with her gross Def Superbane and Yarne at Neutral~ I'm tempted to weed out that bane on Nah but I spent too many Orbs here and Elise Banners are calling~

20 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I meant it as a joke idea, but maybe it sounded too harsh.

19 hours ago, Icelerate said:

XRay is a Camilla fan though.

A fan I am! I got all her versions except the Adrift version, which I am waiting for her to pity break me.

6 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Can you blame him?

Blame the Cowmilla memes!