New Heroes Arrive: New Heroes (From a Future Past)

This banner's probably a skip for me. I like Yarne, but despite his unique niche vs. the other Beast units I already have both Kaden and Ranulf, and I don't care about the rest. At best I'll use my free summon to see if I can get lucky and pull him, otherwise I'm saving my orbs.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

Yesssss Cynthia has cute art.

But that Atk though, ouch. Guess she has to rely on doubling. Hope her base kit is a good one.

5 minutes ago, Jave said:
  Hide contents

But that Atk though, ouch. Guess she has to rely on doubling. Hope her base kit is a good one.

Apparently Cynthia's base kit is:

Firesweep Lance, Shove, Spd/Def Link, and Drive Atk

36 minutes ago, Jave said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The vast majority of units rely on doubling though. Most units cannot rely on one hit builds. Even units like Cherche and Ophelia utilize "doubling" via Brave Weapons or out of combat Blazing hit with in combat initiation hit as the second hit.

14 hours ago, Othin said:

Apparently Cynthia's base kit is:

Hide contents

Firesweep Lance, Shove, Spd/Def Link, and Drive Atk

Spoiler

Pretty nice kit overall. FS is a little blaze considering Roddy is pretty easily available, but it's a good weapon for her statline. Spd/Def link is weird considering FS users basically don't care about defense, but a nice skill overall, and could be useful for positioning speed tanks. Drive attack is always nice.

Edited by bottlegnomes

*sigh* This is the time I realize that I need to make at least a half-hearted attempt at blue for Morgan's best waifu. Since my Morgans tend to end up Chrom!Morgans, Kjelle/Morgan is the absolute perfect pairing. If I'm lucky, she'll demote since she only has 4 skills compared to the 5 everyone else has. Cynthia's also looking her adorable self.

Spoiler

Nah: Pretty much what I was expecting. Slightly more speed than would be desired on someone who relies on skills to double, but overall she doesn't look bad.

Brady: He just looks like a less Res focused grounded Elise. Not a bad thing, but come on, we're in Gen 3... I think you could do better than "slightly better Elise".

Kjelle: Okay holy shit I thought low-Atk Sully was her mother. She had a goddamn Atk superasset AND good defensive stats.
So much for her being the dropper...

Yarne: Yep, that there's a very standard speedy unit.

Cynthia: Alright alright... she looks like a usable unit. Or at least, she looks like she's just a free version of the fast and decently strong Lance Flier we've gotten so many of already.

Also she looks cute.

44 minutes ago, Thane said:
  Hide contents

Holy moly Cynthia's art is A+ tier. Good stats too. I'm content, this is my +10 and the first time I'll use Grails. 

How would you fine chaps build her?

@Thane

Swift sparrow if you have. One of the attack waves, possibly, or join hone speed if you want speed and can wait for NY!Gunnthra. If you don't want her link skill, chill defense.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:
Spoiler

Swift sparrow if you have. One of the attack waves, possibly, or join hone speed if you want speed and can wait for NY!Gunnthra. If you don't want her link skill, chill defense.

Spoiler

I've got Sturdy Impact so I'm considering giving her that, too.

Just now, Thane said:
  Hide contents

I've got Sturdy Impact so I'm considering giving her that, too.

Sturdy Impact might be all right, although were you going to keep Firesweep Lance+ or change it? I'd think sturdy impact would be less beneficial if you keep Firesweep, since her enemies won't be able to counter

Pre 2019: We NEED beast units in Heroes!

April 2019: We are running out of beast units to put in Heroes

June 2019: Os shit? I forgot Yarne existed!

I like how Kjelle's battle sprite seems to disregard the absurd "armor jacket" that's in her artwork. It still exists but is re-proportioned.

21 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I like how Kjelle's battle sprite seems to disregard the absurd "armor jacket" that's in her artwork. It still exists but is re-proportioned.

When drawing chibi, in general, only things that are actually attached to the head (or neck) are drawn scaled with the head. Kjelle's rocket boosters are fused pauldrons and are therefore scaled with her body.

Most chibis cannot reach the tops of their heads with their hands.

Also:

kjelle_fair_fighter_info03.png

Kjelle confirmed axe user and effective against beasts.

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Oh yeah. We're a bit half way through, but all the important ones are in. We've got a batch left for the dragons if you can count them as beasts. There's 3 beasts, 1 wolf and 4 birds, but I can't recall any of them being of relevance aside from maybe Volug.

Spoiler

Nah: The nonarmored version of HallowMyrrh. Look that those stats.

Brady: Safe Stat line. IS don't want to go overboard with him. 

Yarne: Speedy unit #392

Kjelle: The complete inverse of Sully Certainly got the good genes in the family.

Cynthia: Typical peg knight,

5 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

At least now that Yarne is in, they're gonna have to keep pulling from Tellius if they want to continue the Beast hype train. Which means more chances for Jill to be added, so that's alright with me 😛

Spoiler

Is it just me, or does Cynthia have a noticeable lisp this time around? I’ll take what she sounds like here over what she sounded like in Awakening though. 

Also impressed with Seitz’s Brady. He’s doing Travis Willingham justice. 

4 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

At least now that Yarne is in, they're gonna have to keep pulling from Tellius if they want to continue the Beast hype train. Which means more chances for Jill to be added, so that's alright with me 😛

And more chances for Kieran, Marcia, and the rest of the Greil Mercs for me! Bring 'em on, IS! ^^ Also, have Kieran bring in Firesweep Axe for the first time if he doesn't get a prf and have Cherche-like Atk, decent Spd, decent Def, and low Res.

I'd say something like:

HP: 40
Atk: 37
Spd: 32
Def: 34
Res: 14

As for skillset:

Firesweep Axe+
Special - Sol
A - Fury 4
B - Gamble 3 (!): Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1), but inflicts Atk-3
C - Spur Atk/Def 2

Fury 4 because Kieran canonically has a tendency to hurt himself lol. And it'd be nice to have Fury 4 somewhere other than Greil who is seasonal only right now. Gamble is Kieran's skill in PoR, but it can't exactly work the same way in Heroes as it does there, so I had to alter it a bit. In PoR, it increases the chance Kieran will crit while lowering his accuracy. So for Heroes, I changed it to lowering Atk in exchange for quicker special cooldown. Spur Atk/Def is to parallel Oscar's Spur Spd/Def.

This is slight powercreep on Oscar both BST wise (this Kieran would have 3 more BST) and skillset wise, but such a thing is kind of inevitable. Still, I tried to make the powercreep small. I should post this in the general thread too. 🙂

A skip possibly. I don't like Kjell and everything with her. I am not a fan of beasts to use Yanne. Now I could use Brady as replacement for mikoto, but Laevatain works too. Nah is a unit I could use but I am not that crazy about it. A possible skip or at least until we see the summer heroes and threy are good. I look forward to the forging bonds for the rewards and to Rokkr sieges for seeing Thorr and testing the mode out. 

Edited by SuperNova125

8 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

Are you sure about that? There's nothing really stopping them from making seasonal alts of the 3DS beast characters.

32 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Are you sure about that? There's nothing really stopping them from making seasonal alts of the 3DS beast characters.

Imagine an IntSys executive trying to come up with the next banner.

Suddenly, they look at a picture of a catgirl and another picture of a girl in a swimsuit. 

*Slams desk* “I GOT IT!!!”