Forging Bonds: Spanning Time (June 11th)

1 hour ago, Jave said:

It’s quite ridiculous that Fjorm and Veronica get much more development in their Dragalia Lost convos than in the entirety of FEH. 

To be fair, Dragalia was written and designed so that every new character has a story to tell. Heroes only installed Forging Bonds after a long while, which is sad, since this would have been great to have in the very beginning, but at the very least, there is progress. And Fjorm has gotten development in FB.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

To be fair, Dragalia was written and designed so that every new character has a story to tell. Heroes only installed Forging Bonds after a long while, which is sad, since this would have been great to have in the very beginning, but at the very least, there is progress. And Fjorm has gotten development in FB.

Yeah, that is a nice feature. I did like the Heroes crossover event story. Quality of the individual stories varies. Some of the stories are really weak, but some are decent. You get about half a summon of "orbs" per character, so you don't feel as bad if you didn't like the story. (They also have a skip button if you get impatient.)

2 minutes ago, Tree said:

Yeah, that is a nice feature. I did like the Heroes crossover event story. Quality of the individual stories varies. Some of the stories are really weak, but some are decent. You get about half a summon of "orbs" per character, so you don't feel as bad if you didn't like the story. (They also have a skip button if you get impatient.)

Indeed. And even when Forging Bonds arrived, it took I think 9 sessions before they finally changed the style of writing. Heroes deserve the criticisms it gets. But we shouldn't overlook the efforts they are in trying to amend it. So we shouldn't overlook the new things and still judge them so harshly based on past actions.

2 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

In Awakening, did Nah ever mentioned being raised up in a foster home? That has an interesting touch here.

Yup she did, don't remember which support it was however. Maybe the Avatar and her.

So far I really like how it is. I only wish Cynthia would appear as a cameo.

And stop giving me only one heart per battle when I have a 24 number, thanks.

3 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

In Awakening, did Nah ever mentioned being raised up in a foster home? That has an interesting touch here.

1 hour ago, Nym said:

Yup she did, don't remember which support it was however. Maybe the Avatar and her.

So far I really like how it is. I only wish Cynthia would appear as a cameo.

And stop giving me only one heart per battle when I have a 24 number, thanks.

It was her father Support to be specific the A-support. Also Really wish Cynthia was here. She would've definitely livened things up. Not FB overall though

19 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

It was her father Support to be specific the A-support. Also Really wish Cynthia was here. She would've definitely livened things up. Not FB overall though

Oops.

Yeah, I just she was there.

I liked Kjelle's development in this one as it is leagues better than her supports in awakening where she just kinda acts like an arrogant asshole for no real reason for the majority of the support. Sometimes it works(like her Inigo support). Most of the time though it doesn't like with her Owain Support(that support is just bad). I like how they focused more on the "needs to be strong so I can survive"  aspect of her character rather than the "I am better than all you weaklings" aspect. It makes me like her more.

53 minutes ago, Tree said:

Does everyone finish all the stories first day? I wasn't expecting so many spoilers here. 😀 (It's not a big issue, just thought it was odd.)

Sounds like they pop open their surplus of Stamina Potions, I can't see it being any other way. That'd be too much FEH in one day for it to be fun for me. Particularly since I'm not strong enough to just autobattle these at the highest difficulty. Being strong enough to autobattle DL's dailies is what makes that game's grind not so bad.

Auto'd Forging Bonds so I can get the grails and the tickets - Bath Camilla is now 5*+7!

As for my pulls, nothing fantastic - I didn't get Nah or Ares. Got Raigh, Fir, Tharja, Marth, and an off-focus +Def/-Atk Leif.

Like the references made in the supports. I saw references to the actual supports from their home game, a direct reference to Sharena's Meet the Heroes page from the official site, and mentions of Black Knight, Azama, and Halloween Dorcas.

15 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Sounds like Black Knight really showed Kjelle who's the coolest armor knight. XD And also without needing any triangle advantage. 😛

This is my favorite part of the FB so far.

Kjelle really is picking the wrong person to be concerned about beating her. Black Luna being absolutely broken and all that and BK himself even moreso in his source game.

1 hour ago, omegaxis1 said:

Also, anyone realize that they canonized the "About Heroes" feature in this FB? Sharena literally shows it to Brady.

Personally, I was more focused on determining whether that counts as a fourth wall break or not.

2 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

Also, anyone realize that they canonized the "About Heroes" feature in this FB? Sharena literally shows it to Brady.

I figure the reason why Sharena doesn't really do much in the game's story is because she's spending all of her time writing articles for the Heroes main site.

56 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Personally, I was more focused on determining whether that counts as a fourth wall break or not.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I figure the reason why Sharena doesn't really do much in the game's story is because she's spending all of her time writing articles for the Heroes main site.

Least now we know the drawings are Sharena's too. She can draw chibis!

This is a good FB I am liking the supports.  I have to say I want to give Brady a big hug because his supports are making me cry. 

The story for this FB was pretty okay. Not my favorite, though, and I feel like it's maybe a step down from some of the more recent ones like the Gallia one and the Binding Blade one. But it's okay. The supports remind me of some of the more one-note Awakening supports, though.

14 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

I just got this part and came to mention it, that was so funny~ This one was really great with stuff like that and other references~ 

13 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

The story for this FB was pretty okay. Not my favorite, though, and I feel like it's maybe a step down from some of the more recent ones like the Gallia one and the Binding Blade one. But it's okay. The supports remind me of some of the more one-note Awakening supports, though.

I do admit that this is perhaps the weaker ones, but still better than the player worshipping ones. 

Honestly, I would have preferred if Yarne's story actually had him interact with Reyson or something (ironic since herons eat bunnies IRL, I SAW A VIDEO OF THAT! THAT POOR BUNNY!!! T_T) where Reyson and Yarne talk about how they are pretty much the last of their kind. Could also be a unique thing of how taguel are like laguz, but unlike laguz mating with beorcs, a taguel mating with a human still produces a hybrid, whereas the laguz and beorc would produce a Branded that might also skip generations. And the laguz that mated with a human won't lose their powers.

On 6/12/2019 at 5:45 PM, omegaxis1 said:

D'aaaaaaw. Sharena is just so precious. I always enjoy reading her little insights so I'm glad they made it canon. Her drawing the chibi pics really fits too. Anna complained she draws like a child that one time.