Weekly Revival Summons! (Round 2)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, SockPuppet said:

Ugh! I wanna splurge for Nephenee because she is one of my favorite Tellius characters.

Well, if you're planning on splurging eventually, revival banners are the best time to do so since their sniping rates are the highest in the game (outside of 2-character banners).

Took over 200 Orbs, a Neph pitybreaker, and two evil dragon final boss pitybreakers (Mrima and Idunn), but I gots myself a Sigurd and a Julia.

Although I really, really didn't need to go for Julia, I had her mother already, Green is by far my most populated Tome Color, and I haven't even promoted Merric yet nor have Asbel and Bastian arrived. Still, I felt I owed her for her Nostanking goodness in FE4, required some careful effort to get started, but after that she drained the life from everything.

If I Grail an Ethlyn, I could make a 3/4s Cavalry team of Sigurd, Quan, Deirdre, and Ethlyn- the Chalphy siblings and their spouses, and it covers all Colors. Sounds so quaint I have to assemble it.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

This is the only weekly revival in which I wanted all 3 units. So, 120ish orbs later, I got 3 Julias, a Nephenee, and an Amelia.

Julia is now my most merged 5 star exclusive unit at +5. I have a bunch tied for second place at +3. She was also my first 5 star unit ever, so is kind of special to me.

Edited by Etheus

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Still, I felt I owed her for her Nostanking goodness in FE4, required some careful effort to get started, but after that she drained the life from everything.

Didn't you say you didn't care about game-play utility when going for characters and using them in Heroes? 

11 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Well, if you're planning on splurging eventually, revival banners are the best time to do so since their sniping rates are the highest in the game (outside of 2-character banners).

Definitely! I want to hold out for Summer 2 and the upcoming Legendary first. It's been tempting, but I am glad she gets repeated later on, on a different weekly revival banner.

1 hour ago, Icelerate said:

Didn't you say you didn't care about game-play utility when going for characters and using them in Heroes? 

Whatever statement of mine you're thinking of, may apply to gameplay utility in Heroes. I'm not rushing into getting metagame-defining units or incredible skill fodder for this game. If I did care about the metagame, then why go for the antiquated Julia, and worse, Linde?

But if that is not what you are referring to, I admit I'm caught in a degree of contradiction here. I went for Julia due to FE4 Nostanking, but I haven't the faintest want to go for or use any and all Camillas, despite her being vital on every CQ and Rev run of Fates I've done. I "owe" Camilla much more than I do Julia, whose jobs could have been fulfilled by Leif or Seliph in all likelihood, Camilla in mid-early CQ has no such substitutes at the very least. And that wouldn't change if I ever did yet more CQ runs.

The difference then comes down to one being from Fates, where I refuse to get caught up in character controversy and remain "neutral", and the other from an old Japan only game and a character who isn't in the least controversial. This certainly could constitute a bias, "neutrality" being the farce of an old-FE fan who doesn't at the same time want to be rabid against the new, and yet partake of its gameplay in all fun. FEH is the only place where I permit character personality bias on my FE gameplay, although I skipped FEW despite the great gameplay because of its lacking (read- mostly Awakening and Fates) roster. Any mainline title is pragmatism with personal whims only in a secondary position.

6 hours ago, Etheus said:

Julia is now my most merged 5 star exclusive unit at +5. I have a bunch tied for second place at +3. She was also my first 5 star unit ever, so is kind of special to me.

gratz on the merges, this is nice. I am also tempted to go for some Julias. She will reappear in the 6th week. Maybe you can squeeze out another merges out of her then.

Edited by Stroud

I Free Pulled Sigurd.  reverse of my other one. I am thinking i might just merge him. I was thinking "oh speed smoke fodder." but that's what Takumi is for. (And Close Def.but that's a Joshua). unlike most people here i don't mind using my grail units for fodder, that's how i feel it was meant for. 

Sigurd was my first FE lord and I've been wanting more merges. Saved up 150+ orbs for him. 

Then the summer banner happened, and I took the bait. Now I have a 5% pity rate, no orbs, and my Sigurd free summon turned out to be Gray of all things.

I kinda want more Sigurd merges, but I'm holding out for Dancing Micaiah and then Brave Micaiah. 325 orbs saved up and counting! Did do the free pull + 4 orbs for the one other red in my summoning circle, no dice. 

On 6/24/2019 at 9:45 PM, Etheus said:

Pulled two Sigurd merges. He's now tied with Julia at +5, and I've improved their IVs as well.

Sigurd happens to be my favorite FE lord. He's a tragic, honorable figure not unlike A Song of Ice and Fire's Ned Stark, and that really helps him stand out in this franchise.

congrats!! I like Sigurd a lot too 🙂
thanks for that comparable. now i think i like him even more now. at first i was like "Okay i guess fodder?" but i like him too much. I'll buy a Joshua and a Fallen Taco for spd smoke and close def. 

Oooh week 4! Going in, I have a Brave Lyn and an OG Hector, but no OG Lyn. I would love better IVs on my B!Lyn, but I’m more of a collector of units, anyway, so red was my choice.

I summon for my free pull... 5 reds... YIKES lol. I didn’t have enough orbs on hand to go full circle so I only went for one—not that I was too committed to OG Lyn to begin with. I ended up with a 3* Selena. I just can’t help but think that I WISH this would happen to me on the Legendary banner haha. Heck, if only this could have happened week 6 so I could finally get OG Lucina!

Yes! I got Hector with less than 20 orbs! Now Laevatein will have DC.

I will continue to summon on this banner during the week, and I hope to get more Hector's copies. It's always good to have DC in the barracks.

Pulled a red orb for my free pull, considered taking the second one in the session as well but decided against it. I'd like to get regular Lyn eventually but there are too many higher priorities right now. Picking up Ophelia, Yune, and Ranulf the past few days really cut into my stockpile and I'm not sure I'll have as much wiggle room as I'd like for the rest of the summer.

I'm saving all my orbs for Lute (over 300 now), and for over a month now none of my free summons have been a 5 star. (about 90% were 3 star units even)

I'm seriously tempted in throwing some orbs. But I won't. Gotta be strong. Doing this for Lute.