The whole Galeforce thing trivialized my game...

Arn

It was my first time playing the game, I checked on Gfaqs the parenting stuff and everything mentioned getting Galeforce but by the time I got it on Lissa and Maribelle everyone was overleveled and the game became too easy(playing on Hard).

I'm restarting, but now I will do things sligthly different and pass Dual Support+ instead.

I mean that's the point of galeforce... If you want to actually enjoy your first run, ignore optimal pairings and min maxing and just play the game how you want. The point of getting galeforce and all that is to pass down to kids who can't normally get galeforce so you then have much stronger kids to take on the harder paralogue chapters the game throws at you and DLC (namely Apothesis).

The problem is, as far as Hard go(I played until up chapter 16 so far) the game wasn't very hard, at the end I was just facerolling stages. Though I did grind other characters as well, which was dumb of my part.

And I have a question, besides Armthrift, Vantage, Mov +1 and Gamble, is there anything else that I should be looking from T1 classes? I'm talking abou other characters, not Avatar. The hit/avd skills seems kinda useless since we get breaker skills and sometimes weapons with them.

41 minutes ago, Arn said:

The problem is, as far as Hard go(I played until up chapter 16 so far) the game wasn't very hard, at the end I was just facerolling stages. Though I did grind other characters as well, which was dumb of my part.

And I have a question, besides Armthrift, Vantage, Mov +1 and Gamble, is there anything else that I should be looking from T1 classes? I'm talking abou other characters, not Avatar. The hit/avd skills seems kinda useless since we get breaker skills and sometimes weapons with them.

Honestly, Awakening isn't a hard game in general unless you are playing lunatic or lunatic+ but by on those difficulties, it's not really enjoyable imo, though obviously it's all preference.

As for skills, discipline from cavaliers can be helpful for building weapon ranks, but besides the ones you mentioned, there aren't really any others worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

I found this to be a problem too. The flaw in the system is that the parentage thing is a big part of the game and story, and a fun thing to work out, yet it typically involves overlevelling the hell out of people.

It'd be fixed if skills weren't tied to levels but were given by items, for example. Or unlocked by fulfilling certain conditions in chapters. As it is, you either pass on trash skills, at least something unremarkable or that they could easily get themselves, or you inadvertently turn characters into juggernauts. 

On 6/28/2019 at 1:55 PM, Matroska said:

I found this to be a problem too. The flaw in the system is that the parentage thing is a big part of the game and story, and a fun thing to work out, yet it typically involves overlevelling the hell out of people.

It'd be fixed if skills weren't tied to levels but were given by items, for example. Or unlocked by fulfilling certain conditions in chapters. As it is, you either pass on trash skills, at least something unremarkable or that they could easily get themselves, or you inadvertently turn characters into juggernauts. 

If you have Owain, Brady and Inigo having Galeforce, you know you powercrept yourself. In my first playthrough I did the atrocious mistake of investing in Donnel and paring it with Olivia, resulting in a Inigo/Donnel combo which solo'd the entire Map on Hard without breaking a sweat.

No joke, I'm trying to get Robin, Sumia, and Cordelia GF in a Lunatic run so their kids can all have GF to level up easier (this will go postgame). Easier than I thought. Though, I found a few Risen to beat up first.

Edited by ChickenWings