Serenes Forest Emblem Boss User Recruitment

Von Ithipathachai

Hello again, everyone!  So we already have plenty of users in the playable character roster for Serenes Forest Emblem, but I've realized that we will probably also need to procure more users to be boss characters.

So if you're interested in being a boss character, please reply below with your desired class and any other details.  We can't make any promises, but @Joshii and I will try our best to figure out how to incorporate you.  Right now I'm guessing this game will be between 20-25 chapters long.

(Note: The playable character roster is not actually finalized; we could probably have up to 40 playable characters if you'd rather be playable.)

EDIT:

Current Roster: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lL1LlZBEfNeheIwi9HRQZ4HROljycKjRk9rzkMNncpQ/edit?usp=sharing

------------------------------

Classes: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DpCprIwrt4DOAkUm08deKkryBbZVD62C4M5p_hMczn4/edit?usp=sharing

Skills: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1f25Us31SABnP_5RgIunxDeetfriMbaunS0UMc8-IoIo/edit?usp=sharing

Weapons and Items: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gnOUgSIHT6jUVdiKhz8-UDv7h6LNlfcXwSkqry6sLMY/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH, this was the one that wasn't quite in the right place.  Since it's not exactly a mainline game, I'm gonna shove it in Concepts.  Include a link in your sig, if you're recruiting~!

50 minutes ago, Armchair General said:

I call dibs on being a Berserker with Sol, Luna, Vantage, Wrath, and Tantivy. Plus, armed with an Killer Axe.

Chances are you won't have all of those Skills, since promoted bosses will be limited to 3 personal Skills and whatever their Class Skills are.  You'd probably end up with Sol, Luna, Vantage, and Critical +15 as your Skills.  This game won't have Tantivy.

EDIT: @NinjaMonkey We don't have Pure Water.  How 'bout an Elixir?

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

1 hour ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

So if you're interested in being a boss character, please reply below with your desired class and any other details.  We can't make any promises, but @Joshii and I will try our best to figure out how to incorporate you.  Right now I'm guessing this game will be between 20-25 chapters long.

i asked in the other thread before, but at this point i guess i'll just give some infos and ideas here.

Name: Fenreir.

Class: Hero.

Weapon type: sword only.

Main weapon: Magic sword. to be more specific, something like a Earth sword from FE4/FE5(with Resire effect). otherwise, if it turns out to be too strong in the unit's build, a Light Brand/Levin sword could be fine too.

Secondary weapon: Brave sword.

Items to drop and/or steal(in order of preference): Promotion Crest, Elixir.

Personal Skills(in order of preference): Luna, Wrath, Charisma.

Unit stats: could have high STR, while all other stats would be average.

Unit details: a unit surrounded by a group of mercenaries that will stand still at the start of the chapter, but will eventually move and attack anyone who gets in their range, or after a certain number of turns has passed.

Character backstory: a seasoned swordman wandering from place to place, always searching for rare books about ancient and forgotten realms.

Route 1: currently hired by -other user/main chapter boss- , wich promised to give him a unique book filled with tales of old in exchange for his service. truth is, -other user/main chapter boss- was just using him to defeat his/her enemies, and would eventually try to get rid of him as well once weakened.

Can be recruited? yes, but not by everyone. only by other specific units. after being recruited, all remaining enemy mercenaries in the map will become NPC allies.

Route 2: as main chapter boss, he's waiting in a throne room for worthy opponents. tricked by -other user-, he was told that the enemy army was trying to steal Serene's Forest Emblem in order to destroy all its knowledge , therefore he decided to move out in order to defend Serene's.

i guess you can use one of these as avatar(i prefer the first one the most, but if it's "too regal", then go for the 2nd one):

Anri-avtr.png Fenreir-avtr.png

Sage, with a Bolting, a Sleep staff, a Physic staff and an Elfire.

Personality is an arrogant asshole who wants to become a legendary 'Sage Knight'.

I think it'd be pretty cool if @TheGoodHoms and I were a boss duo in the vein of characters like Linus and Lloyd. I think the actual execution of the idea should be dictated by whatever's most comfortable for the creator, but some ideas include:

• Back to back chapters where the latter boss laments the death (or just defeat if we're not going there) of the former.
  • A chapter with two bosses.
  • One of us is the boss and the other is a mid-map obstacle or guard for said boss.
  • Whatever you're crazy enough to dream up.

In the event I become a boss, I could see myself being a Bishop for class, and I'd be equipped with a Physic staff and the challenge of the fight is I heal the troops guarding me within range to slow the player's advance, with the balance being I carry only low-level light magic, or have lower survival stats. (you could also make a plain old monk boss if you need early chapter fights)

TheGoodHoms would probably like to see himself as a cavalier type class, with Paladin being the option for a later level boss (Especially if it's a Blazing Blade paladin with axe proficiency).

I'd rather the encounter fit into the story y'all are trying to write, but some ideas could be we're tricked into attacking the party by the main villain, the party trespasses into the territory we're guarding, or maybe a comedic misunderstanding, among other things. Our defeat could spell our deaths, or we could do the party some kind of favor for our lives like guarding an important location in the party's absence. Homs should be characterized by extroversion, zeal, and recklessness, whereas I would be introverted, devoted, and high-strung.

Edited by PeaceRibbon

19 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

Personality is an arrogant asshole who wants to become a legendary 'Sage Knight'.

This game doesn't have Elfire.  The basic Anima tomes are Fire (E Rank), Thunder (D Rank), and Fimbulvetr (B Rank).  Would you prefer a Meteor tome?  It has 1-3-Range.

I should probably list the available classes, weapons and items, and Skills available to choose from.

53 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

Why would you wish such terrible evil upon the race of men

32 minutes ago, PeaceRibbon said:

I'd rather the encounter fit into the story y'all are trying to write

This is a good comment.

I like this comment.

Would have said mercenary, but since it's not listed, myrmidon with an iron blade and a kodachi is fine, no need for skills if I'm a boss. Let me see if I still have this thing...

C8EOXQx.jpg

Sorry, no eyes animations, but they're Wil's, so his should work.

Good luck, and no worries if I can't be included.

8 hours ago, PeaceRibbon said:

TheGoodHoms would probably like to see himself as a cavalier type class, with Paladin being the option for a later level boss (Especially if it's a Blazing Blade paladin with axe proficiency).

I'd rather the encounter fit into the story y'all are trying to write, but some ideas could be we're tricked into attacking the party by the main villain, the party trespasses into the territory we're guarding, or maybe a comedic misunderstanding, among other things. Our defeat could spell our deaths, or we could do the party some kind of favor for our lives like guarding an important location in the party's absence. Homs should be characterized by extroversion, zeal, and recklessness, whereas I would be introverted, devoted, and high-strung.

I like this plan. You know me well Peace. Also when it comes to weapons I'd say give my character at least one type of throwing weapon like the handaxe or javelin just to give him some utility against those pesky archers. It would be really embarrassing if I'm suppose to be the map boss and this happened.

7 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Why would you wish such terrible evil upon the race of men

it is standard for the series to have at least one stupid sage with annoying gear.

9 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I should probably list the available classes, weapons and items, and Skills available to choose from.

the ones from here are the same?

13 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

or there's more options available? i'm asking so i can pick the proper setup for my unit, in case i get added.

by the way, i can eventually come up with GBA portraits for other units, bosses or not, in case someone else isn't up for editing. same goes with palette swaps/customizations for battle sprites.

i just need a proper image file(PNG, JPEG, whatever), then i can work on it. usually i use Adobe Photoshop for my custom sprites.

2 hours ago, Cysx said:

Would have said mercenary, but since it's not listed, myrmidon with an iron blade and a kodachi is fine, no need for skills if I'm a boss. Let me see if I still have this thing...

C8EOXQx.jpg

Sorry, no eyes animations, but they're Wil's, so his should work.

Good luck, and no worries if I can't be included.

Thanks for providing a portrait.  It's a little too tall and has too many colors, though.  Think you could pare it down to 16 colors, including a transparent background color?

56 minutes ago, Fenreir said:

the ones from here are the same?

or there's more options available? i'm asking so i can pick the proper setup for my unit, in case i get added.

The ones in those links are it.

Just now, AzuraxCorrin(M)4Life said:

how about @Espurrhoodie for a dark mage boss who is recruitable by the name of Espurr

Careful, now.  We already have two Shamans playable (anti-realist and Acacia Sgt).  A pre-promoted Druid might be more appropriate.

21 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Thanks for providing a portrait.  It's a little too tall and has too many colors, though.  Think you could pare it down to 16 colors, including a transparent background color?

Yeah, I was wondering about the height, it's been a while. No problem, I'll PM you when I'm done, then.

18 minutes ago, AzuraxCorrin(M)4Life said:

how about @Espurrhoodie for a dark mage boss who is recruitable by the name of Espurr

14 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Careful, now.  We already have two Shamans playable (anti-realist and Acacia Sgt).  A pre-promoted Druid might be more appropriate.

Fine by me!

A lot of people seem to be going for the "recruitable boss" deal, so let's see if I can throw an actual boss into the mix. I'm a bit confused about what engine the game will use, so I made a GBA mug and palette assuming it'll use FE8. And if it doesn't, well, here they are still. For self-satisfaction, if nothing else.

Name: Ruben

Portrait:

Dfocgv5c o

Class: Druid (with Lyon's animations if at all possible)

Palette: 007EFF7FDE571B3B0A001A00120010424A298002E00500014001C00040004208

Hqocc3ac o

Description: A tactician of little talent driven mad after causing the deaths of many soldiers he misguidedly commanded. Guilt-ridden, he wants to prove to himself and to his troops (both living and deceased) that he can, in fact, win a battle without losing everybody under his orders. A sarcastic man, he has a tendency to ramble, uses exotic curses, complains about his luck a lot and is quick to blame higher powers for his failings, but he cares deeply about his troops, and he wishes to keep them all from dying to the point of obsession.

Notes: Maybe I could be a recurring boss, although I'm not sure I'm popular enough to warrant such a status. If I'm recurring, I should be fought first in the midgame as the boss of a rout chapter, then I could appear again some time later in the middle of a chapter as reinforcements and pursue the player army (that means I could be avoided, depending on the objective), seeking revenge for my fallen troops from the first encounter. If I'm a throwaway, then just scratch the second part.

Stats: Mediocre stats in general, with surprisingly high magic, and 0 luck in particular. I'm more of a healer than a fighter at this stage. If I return, I could get better offensive stats (not too much, though, don't make me a juggernaut), but definitely keep the defenses low and the luck where it is.

Skills: None at first. Gamble and Wrath in the second encounter.

Weapons: E dark and C staves. Flux and physic. Maybe rescue, as well, if you can implement that. Trying to go for that sweet, sweet gameplay-story integration.

For the second encounter, B dark and still C staves. No staves this time around, just Fenrir. I've come for revenge, so it makes sense I'd train for the occassion.

Battle quote: "Unbelievable. Just as I was starting to think that things couldn't possibly get any worse for me. Why am I even surprised? Nothing ever goes my way..."

Retreat quote (if needed): "N-no... If I don't get out, I'll... P-please take care out there, everyone! Don't die! I beg of you, don't die...! Not again...!"

Second battle quote (if needed): "You...! You bastards massacred my troops... I'll... I'll massacre you all in return! For my fallen soldiers, I-I cannot lose!"

Death quote: "Guh... m-my loyal soldiers... I... I just wish... you didn't have to die alongside... this worthless... incompetent... urgh...!"

3 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

The ones in those links are it.

i see, good to know. in that case, i'll edit some infos about my unit:

Class: General(pre-promoted). otherwise, for the sake of recruitment and leveling, Sword Armor.

Main weapon setup: if promoted, Magic sword( Shining Edge maybe? ) that can be dropped after defeat, and/or Silver sword( a Brave sword would be better, but i'm not sure if it's available due to weapon rank restrictions ).

Secondary weapon setup: if not promoted, Mythril sword and/or Armor Slayer that can be dropped after defeat.

Items to drop: Promotion Crest.

Items to steal: Elixir, Antidote.

Can be recruited? yes, but only by other specific characters( 1~2 units max ). after being recruited, all remaining enemy mercenaries in the map will turn into friendly NPC allies and start attacking available enemies.

as for the other infos i mentioned before, those would still be the same. of course, it all depends on what's currently available and what can be actually done in terms of unit setup and gameplay mechanics.

13 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

I'd joke if I were still using the Mad Manakete name that I should get last boss status. Doesn't really work as a joke now, and I can't get that position on merit of popularity.

You could always reclass to Paladin and then become a dragon again later in the game. I'm the main villain, I can make decisions like this. Probably.

If I'm still slated to be the main villain,
A) Y'all should come work for me and on the side of evil indelible good.
B) Could I please be a level 20 Rogue with the legendary weapon "Pinkatz," a tool of such power that it nearly always crits in order to make up for my laughably low strength stat?