Serenes Forest Emblem Boss User Recruitment

Von Ithipathachai

5 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

You could always reclass to Paladin and then become a dragon again later in the game. I'm the main villain, I can make decisions like this. Probably.

If I'm still slated to be the main villain,
A) Y'all should come work for me and on the side ofย evil indelible good.
B) Could I please be a level 20 Rogue with the legendary weapon "Pinkatz," a tool of such power that it nearly always crits in order to make up for my laughably low strength stat?

That'd be a funny way to have a recurring boss. No idea how naming would work (given The Roger The Paladin is a TRS character, and the name change was to do with Saint Rubenio's LP of the game). If I can get this I'm in. After all the game probably needs more non-recruitable bosses. I might have trouble providing a portrait given my lack of history with sprite-work.

Ok then!

Name: Glacia

Class: Sage

Wields: Ice Magic

Stats: High Magic + Skill, but slow speed. The idea is that I can hit reliably even with low-accuracy tomes.

Backstory: Joined the dark side cause... why not? Live a little! You've really gotta chill. Being evil isn't so bad, you know.

1 hour ago, anti-realist said:

Ok then!

Name: Glacia

Class: Sage

Wields: Ice Magic

Stats: High Magic + Skill, but slow speed. The idea is that I can hit reliably even with low-accuracy tomes.

Backstory: Joined the dark side cause... why not? Live a little! You've really gotta chill. Being evil isn't so bad, you know.

You're already on the playable roster.ย  Would you rather be a boss instead?

ok gonna submit a boss
ย 

Name:ย Hagen

Class:ย Landsknecht

Weapon Type:ย Swords and Lances (A Swords, B Lances)

Main Weapon:ย Silver Sword

Secondary Weapon: Spear

๏ปฟย 
Items to drop and/or steal(in order of preference):ย Silver Sword, Gold Purse (2000 gold)

๏ปฟย 
Personal Skills(in order of preference):ย Vantage, Seal Pow

๏ปฟ๏ปฟย 
Unit Stats:ย high enough speed to not be doubled, high enough str to do damage (ala Henning but much more fair because lol fe6 thrones), "moderate" def, low res, very low luck. Average skill as well

Backstory: A mercenary hired on to guard something. He knows a little more than he lets on and his death quote would serve as that first chink into something bigger. Unrecruitable btw

Gameplay: One of the first promoted bosses the player would face. He has Vantage to surprise people if you aren't paying attention to skills and Seal Pow if you aren't able to kill him fast enough.

Edited by N30

@Nymย and I mightย have hadย a bit too much funย with the backstory, but whatever.

Name:ย Espurr (if her last name is needed, it's Hoodie).

Class:ย Druid;ย alternatively, whatever magic class the game isย lacking in (Althoughย I'm not sure if Monk is gender-neutral).ย 

Weapons:ย Worm, alternatively, Thunder or Shine depending on what mage class she is, and also a Mend staff if she's pre-promoted.

Skills:ย Avoid +10 and/or Seal Res.

Unit stats:ย High Spd, high skill, decent Pow, low defenses, think kind of like a magical myrmidon.

Unit details:ย Either in a small area where she paces slightly or sitsย somewhere; doesn't heal her troops.

Personality:ย Very airheadded, very weird,ย very easily distracted, and rather sarcastic, but is very intelligent regarding the setting's history and mythology; also socially awkward, doesn't think before she leaps, and dislikes jokes about the fact she's short.

Backstory:ย And this is where Nym and I had fun! (Spoiler due to length):

Spoiler

Espurr is the daughter of a minor noble house, one day, she found Nym as a sickly looking cat, who she decided to take in and nurse back to health, a year or twoย later, however, Nym revealed himself to have a human form, which Espurr herself didn't mind, but her parents did, as she was forcefully engaged to someone (if you want to getย reallyย meta, make it Goodluckday.com, which was that scam site I was having issues with) purely for his fortune,ย and threatened to kill Nym if he didn't leave, but her parents told Espurr that he ran away.

After getting into an argument with her parents and fiance that ended with her parentsย telling the truth (And her fiance getting kicked in the crotch), Espurr left to find Nym, after hearing news about the war starting, she decided to join the war, hoping to reunite with Nym once and for all!

... Unfortunately, she accidentally signed up for the wrong side.

What makes her realize she signed up for the wrong side is some grunt spilling a detail about there being an enemy that can turn into a giant cat and other details, Espurr concluded that it must be Nym;ย she convinced her superior to lead a battalion against "enemy" forces, but it was actually a ploy to get herself captured and kill off some of her boss's troops.

Nym doesn't remember her, but loosely recognizes the smell of her perfume.

Recruitable?:ย Yes.

Sprite ideas:ย Possiblyย a recolored version of Tana with brown hair, brown eyes, and glasses?

Haha, idk why, but I really like your backstory! I can tell your background will be an interesting thing to explore. If it gets added upon.

To wandering eyes...

I will be posting my character's backstory sometime tomorrow. But I won't be posting skills and stats because I'm too dumb to learn about it, and @Von Ithipathachaiย most likely has this covered. Btw, props to him for helping my stupid ass with developing the game, and thanks to you guys for assisting me with this.ย 

I thought a thank you was long over due. Have a chill night brohams!

Edited by Josh, Nightingale of Sacae

14 minutes ago, Josh, Nightingale of Sacae said:

Haha, idk why, but I really like your backstory! I can tell your background will be an interesting thing to explore. If it gets added upon.

Oh! Thank you!

My character would be a promoted Dark Mage (Sorcerer/Druid/whatever) with high Speed, decent Skill and Magic, but low defenses. I would be a late-game boss, though preferrably with a few story appearances under my belt. My stage would pit your army of whatever size against mine, of equal size and comparable power;ย  basically Quality v. Quality as opposed to the Quality v. Quantity FE is known for. I would hold a Nosferatu tome, and be in a defensive formation in a fort with some staff users.

Pre-battle and mid-battle dialogue would paint a picture of his character: a man who seeks glory and power through having the strongest army imaginable. While he does care for his men, and tries to make sure they getย  through the battle alive, he still takes no time to mourn for those lost. His ultimate plan is to become strong enough to defeat his liege/master/boss and usurp their position. He offers the army the chance to defect to his side in order to help him, but they rebuke him as being just as evil.

I don't think I can come up with a backstory in full until the setting and story are a bit more developed.

5 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

My character would be a promoted Dark Mage (Sorcerer/Druid/whatever) with high Speed, decent Skill and Magic, but low defenses. I would be a late-game boss, though preferrably with a few story appearances under my belt. My stage would pit your army of whatever size against mine, of equal size and comparable power;ย  basically Quality v. Quality as opposed to the Quality v. Quantity FE is known for. I would hold a Nosferatu tome, and be in a defensive formation in a fort with some staff users.

Pre-battle and mid-battle dialogue would paint a picture of his character: a man who seeks glory and power through having the strongest army imaginable. While he does care for his men, and tries to make sure they getย  through the battle alive, he still takes no time to mourn for those lost. His ultimate plan is to become strong enough to defeat his liege/master/boss and usurp their position. He offers the army the chance to defect to his side in order to help him, but they rebuke him as being just as evil.

I don't think I can come up with a backstory in full until the setting and story are a bit more developed.

Nosferatu in SF Emblem is a Light tome, so you'd have to be a Monk or Bishop to be able to use it in battle.ย  Unless you feel like casually carrying around a Nosferatu tome that you can't use as a droppable item.ย  Alternatively, you could use the Glower tome instead, which ignores Res.

What would your unit name be?

2 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

Is Glower a Light or a Dark tome?

Anyway, my name would be Jaemson.

Glower is a Dark tome that originally appeared in New Mystery of the Emblem.

Light, Anima, and Dark all have a unique tome.ย  Light has Nosferatu (HP drain), Anima has Bolting (long-range), and Dark has Glower (ignores Res).

17 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Nosferatu in SF Emblem is a Light tome, so you'd have to be a Monk or Bishop to be able to use it in battle.ย  Unless you feel like casually carrying around a Nosferatu tome that you can't use as a droppable item.ย  Alternatively, you could use the Glower tome instead, which ignores Res.

What would your unit name be?

This sounds great for an early boss character, an absent minded shaman who could have sworn that nosferatu was classified as dark.

I'm going to post something a little different, a recurring Sub Boss (Mini Boss) during the early mid game.

Name:

KK Afterbrun

Class:

Merry Man

Main weapon:

Killer Bow

Secondary weapon:

Steel Dagger

Items to drop and/or steal(in order of preference):

Skeleton Key, Boots,ย then Unequipped weapon.

Personal Skills(in order of preference):

Re-Action, Avoid +10, Wrath

Unit stats:

High speed and Luck, good Res, but low Def. Average Strength and Skill.

Unit details:

Shows up with thieves on a village map, then the following castle map. Shows up once more, but as a green unit.

Character backstory:

An opportunistic, snarkyย conman,ย ย he works with other thieves to steal whatever isn't nailed down, only to stabย his 'allies' in the back later. He come off as just another thief, but subtly hints that he's a good person. His true intentions are showย in a later part of the mid game when he tries to protect aย recruit-able unit. If he survives, he gives the player a Wrath Scroll, but does not join.

Battle Quote 1:ย 

"Eh? Who are you?"

'Retreat' Quote 1:

"Guhโ€ฆ Not going to fall here, time to book it!"

Battle Quoteย 2:ย 

"What you guys again? You following me or something?"

'Retreat' Quote 2:

"There's just somedays you can't bust into a castle to rob it. I'm out of here!"

Battle Quote 3:

Hey Ugly! Why don't you pick on some one you own size!"

Death Quote:

"Egh..Looks as if I was good for.. Somethin'..."

ย 

1984239598_KKAfterbrunMug.png.8689d2ea1767b05153c70db6990cfe6d.png

(I adjusted my portrait to fit the 16 color as the feather would have been a problem)

I'll be a Sorcerer with Glower, sitting in a fort with two staff users (preferably Valkyries/promoted Troubadours) for healing.

Dialogue:

Pre-Battle: "So, you plan to get past me? I'm afraid it's not happening without a fight. However, I'll cut you a deal. We both want the same thing: [Bad Guy] dead on the floor, his plans nipped in the bud."

Lord/Whoever: "What? Aren't you on the same side?"

"Formally, yes, but I must say...s/he's a mad(wo)man. To [plot stuff here]? I'll do much for power, but not that."

Lord/Whoever: "We'd never work for a snake like you!"

"More's the pity...I would have liked to add to my army. Men! (and women): hold your ground! Don't expose yourselves to them through aggression! Wait them out; reinforcements will arrive soon!"

[Unitsย will not aggravate unless a player unitย is in range of multiple enemies]

Turn 4: [Reinforcements arrive. 4 Paladins/2 Paladins and 2 Great Knights (as applicable) arrive from each side of the map, near the bottom. They are automatically aggravated.]

"Ah, the cavalry...attack them from the flank! Focus on healers and mages!"

Combat: "So, you've made it past my troops...you've killed some good friends of mine, and fine soldiers, too...well, no time to mourn. War is war. Theirย sacrifice will not be forgotten when I take the throne/[whatever Bad Guy's title is] for myself!"

Death: "Ahhh! I...know when I'm beaten...troops! Surrender...save yourselves. No point giving your life for the ambitions of...a dead..."

ย 

1 hour ago, KnightOfNohr said:

I'll be a Sorcerer with Glower, sitting in a fort with two staff users (preferably Valkyries/promoted Troubadours) for healing.

Oh, I should probably ask you.ย  What would your unit name be?ย  I can't figure out a good way to shorten your username and not make it look awkward.

7 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

As I said earlier, Jaemson. I was hoping I could be a recurring villain, though I would only be fought the one time.

Oops, sorry.ย  I must've missed that.

I should probably add the list of who's currently on both the playable and boss rosters to the OP.ย  Chances are not everyone will be able to get everything they want with their inclusion, mainly for the sake of keeping things cohesive.

In addition, some more unpromoted bosses would be nice, guys.ย  We can only have so many early promoted bosses.

3 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Chances are not everyone will be able to get everything they want with their inclusion, mainly for the sake of keeping things cohesive.

you guys already have a plot going? or every chapter/boss can have its own background story, as long as it remains underย certain limits?

i'm asking because i have already given details before about my boss unit, but in terms of main history settings i've been holding back with ideas since i currently don't know how you guys plan to deal with that.

i decided not to add battle quotes and other stuff due to lack of infos, so for now i'll just wait before coming up with other concepts.

14 minutes ago, Fenreir said:

you guys already have a plot going? or every chapter/boss can have its own background story, as long as it remains underย certain limits?

i'm asking because i have already given details before about my boss unit, but in terms of main history settings i've been holding back with ideas since i currently don't know how you guys plan to deal with that.

i decided not to add battle quotes and o๏ปฟther stuff due to lack of infos, so for now i'll just wait before coming up with other concepts.

The basic premise at the moment is...

"Eclipse is the guardian of Serenia with the Ban Hammer (which will probably become an infinitely durable personal weapon on par with Chrom's Falchion) being her main source of power as protector of law and order on the continent.

However, AnonymousSpeed (Anon?) amasses a giant army and uses it to take over her home of Mod Castle while she is away fighting bandits (unruly shitposters). Their ultimate goal is to kill her, take the Ban Hammer from her, and destroy it, engulfing Serenia in eternal chaos.

The game would follow Eclipse and her colorful group of friends as they try to stop Anon and battle an equally colorful array of villains on the way."
- - - - -
Anything further than that has not been planned. I believe Josh is waiting for the character and boss rosters to be finalized before working on a script, but isย open to ideas.

So, if you want your character/chapter to be a certain way, I would post the ideas. There's a good chance they will be used or at least factor in when the story starts taking shape.

As for staff of Serenes Emblem...

Josh, Nightingale of Sacae is the main story writer and leader of the project.
Von Ithipathachai programs the stuff in SRPG Studio.

The rest (including myself) are just participants.

so it will be based mainly on thisย forum board, rather than trying to create an alternative FE world.

that's a bit different from what i expected, but i guess i can rearrange and adapt my ideas.

ย 

i'll make a resume then:

Name:ย Fenreir.

Class:ย mainlyย General(pre-promoted).ย or eventually Hero depending on Boss variety.

otherwise, for the sake of recruitment andย leveling, Sword Armor. or eventually Myrmidon depending on playable units variety.

Main weapon setup:ย if promoted,ย Magic sword( example: Levin sword, Shining Edge ) that can be dropped after defeat, and/or Silver sword( a Brave sword would be better, but i'm not sure if it's available due to weapon rank restrictions ).

Secondary weapon setup:ย if not promoted, Mythril sword and/or Armor Slayer that can be dropped after defeat.

Reclass line options: Sword Armord, Myrmidon, Soldier.

Items to drop:ย Promotion Crest.

Items to steal:ย Elixir, Antidote.

Personal Skills(in order of preference):ย Luna, Wrath, Charisma.

Unit stats:ย could start with high STR(boon), while all other stats would be average. low SPD(bane).

Character backstory:ย a veteran FE player,ย with good knowledge about manyย FE titles. he wanders the lands of Serenia in search for knowledge and secrets, and wishes to complete the entire FE franchise one day.

ย 

Route 1(Myrmidon/Hero):ย currently hired by -other user/main chapter boss- , wich promised to give him a unique bookย filled with "never found secrets" about FE games fromย the SNES and GBA era in exchange for his service as seasoned tactician/warrior.

truth is, -other user/main chapter boss- was just using him to defeat his/her enemies, and would eventually try to get rid of him as well due to his ties with Serenia.

Unit details:ย a unit surrounded by a group of Sword Armors or Myrmidons( enemy units type depends onย Boss class ) that will stand still at the start of the chapter, but will eventually move and attack anyone who gets in their range, or after a certain number of turns has passed.

Can be recruited?ย yes, butย only by other specific characters.ย 1~2 units max: Joshua and/or Rezzy.

the talk would be about secrets in Serenia with Joshua(signature weapon), and the Jeigan role/purpose with Rezzy(a pre-promoted unit in an early-game map would be suspicious, so it would lead to the truth aboutย the conflict).

Map type: desert oasis/beach map. hidden treasures can be found around the map, one of wich would be Fenreir's signature weapon "Arcane blade"(a type of magic sword, basicly a renamed Shining Edge.ย or something similar to the Fire sword from FE5 with +5 MGCย bonus when equipped. or something similar to the Earth sword from FE4/5ย with Resire effect.).

Fenreir-avtr.png

Battle quote 1(if attacked): "You wish to challenge me? ...careful what you wish for."

Battle quote 2(if attacking first): "I will not hold back. Prepare yourself!"

Death quote: "Damn...not bad...not bad at all..."

ย 

Route 2(Sword Armor/General):ย -other user- told him that the enemy army was trying to conquer all lands of Serenia in order to destroy its knowledge. after learning about the situation, he decided to move out with a band of knights to defend his castle/map.

tricked by -other user-, instead of fighting against Anon's army, he was about to cross swords with Eclipse's group.

Unit details:ย as main chapter boss, he's waiting in a throne room for worthy opponents that wish toย challenge him.

Can be recruited?ย yes, butย only by other specific characters.ย 1~2 units max: Von and/or Sire.

the talk would be about the truth of the conflict with either Von(speaking about Anon) or Sire(speaking about -other user-). They would have already heard about each other's tales before, Von for works related to sprites, and Sire due to being member of an order of knights from Serenia as well.

after being recruited, all remaining enemy Sword Armorsย in the map willย turn into friendly NPC allies and start attacking available enemies.

Map type: a castle on an island in the middle of a lake. can be reached either by flying,ย in case flying units can trasport allies, or a bridge can be unlocked by thieves. enemy reinforcements will show up from the castle in case the bridge is unlocked.

in this map, Fenreirย will be already equipped with his Arcane blade.

Anri-avtr.png

Battle quote 1(if attacked): "Such pride in those eyes of yours. Let us see if it can matchย your strength."

Battle quote 2(if attacking first): "Allow me to show you the power of the Arcane blade."

Death quote: "So this is where i fall...Serenia...i've failed you..."

ย 

that's all for now.

Jaemson would be the Tactician of Anon's army, whose strategies fluctuate between "sound" and "brilliantly insane with an excessive amount of casualties." He would mostly work in the background, manipulating both people and scenarios to suit not only the needs of the army as a whole, but his own needs as well. Anon's plan to irrevocably corrupt Serenia, he views as destructive madness. He eagerly awaits the day he betrays him and takes the Ban Hammer for himself, forging a new Serenia in his own image.

Jaemson is generally polite and amiable with allies, as he knows that making friends in high places is a reliable way to gain personal power. Even besides that, he is not a cruel man; simply ambitious and self-justified. He does, however, have a single pet peeve: incorrect grammar.

2 hours ago, Fenreir said:

so it will be based mainly on thisย forum board, rather than trying to create an alternative FE world.

that's a bit different from what i expected, but i guess i can rearrange and adapt my ideas.

ย 

i'll make a resume then:

Name:ย Fenreir.

Class:ย mainlyย General(pre-promoted).ย or eventually Hero depending on Boss variety.

otherwise, for the sake of recruitment andย leveling, Sword Armor. or eventually Myrmidon depending on playable units variety.

Main weapon setup:ย if promoted,ย Magic sword( example: Levin sword, Shining Edge ) that can be dropped after defeat, and/or Silver sword( a Brave sword would be better, but i'm not sure if it's available due to weapon rank restrictions ).

Secondary weapon setup:ย if not promoted, Mythril sword and/or Armor Slayer that can be dropped after defeat.

Reclass line options: Sword Armord, Myrmidon, Soldier.

Items to drop:ย Promotion Crest.

Items to steal:ย Elixir, Antidote.

Personal Skills(in order of preference):ย Luna, Wrath, Charisma.

Unit stats:ย could start with high STR(boon), while all other stats would be average. low SPD(bane).

Character backstory:ย a veteran FE player,ย with good knowledge about manyย FE titles. he wanders the lands of Serenia in search for knowledge and secrets, and wishes to complete the entire FE franchise one day.

ย 

Route 1(Myrmidon/Hero):ย currently hired by -other user/main chapter boss- , wich promised to give him a unique bookย filled with "never found secrets" about FE games fromย the SNES and GBA era in exchange for his service as seasoned tactician/warrior.

truth is, -other user/main chapter boss- was just using him to defeat his/her enemies, and would eventually try to get rid of him as well due to his ties with Serenia.

Unit details:ย a unit surrounded by a group of Sword Armors or Myrmidons( enemy units type depends onย Boss class ) that will stand still at the start of the chapter, but will eventually move and attack anyone who gets in their range, or after a certain number of turns has passed.

Can be recruited?ย yes, butย only by other specific characters.ย 1~2 units max: Joshua and/or Rezzy.

the talk would be about secrets in Serenia with Joshua(signature weapon), and the Jeigan role/purpose with Rezzy(a pre-promoted unit in an early-game map would be suspicious, so it would lead to the truth aboutย the conflict).

Map type: desert oasis/beach map. hidden treasures can be found around the map, one of wich would be Fenreir's signature weapon "Arcane blade"(a type of magic sword, basicly a renamed Shining Edge.ย or something similar to the Fire sword from FE5 with +5 MGCย bonus when equipped. or something similar to the Earth sword from FE4/5ย with Resire effect.).

Fenreir-avtr.png

Battle quote 1(if attacked): "You wish to challenge me? ...careful what you wish for."

Battle quote 2(if attacking first): "I will not hold back. Prepare yourself!"

Death quote: "Damn...not bad...not bad at all..."

ย 

Route 2(Sword Armor/General):ย -other user- told him that the enemy army was trying to conquer all lands of Serenia in order to destroy its knowledge. after learning about the situation, he decided to move out with a band of knights to defend his castle/map.

tricked by -other user-, instead of fighting against Anon's army, he was about to cross swords with Eclipse's group.

Unit details:ย as main chapter boss, he's waiting in a throne room for worthy opponents that wish toย challenge him.

Can be recruited?ย yes, butย only by other specific characters.ย 1~2 units max: Von and/or Sire.

the talk would be about the truth of the conflict with either Von(speaking about Anon) or Sire(speaking about -other user-). They would have already heard about each other's tales before, Von for works related to sprites, and Sire due to being member of an order of knights from Serenia as well.

after being recruited, all remaining enemy Sword Armorsย in the map willย turn into friendly NPC allies and start attacking available enemies.

Map type: a castle on an island in the middle of a lake. can be reached either by flying,ย in case flying units can trasport allies, or a bridge can be unlocked by thieves. enemy reinforcements will show up from the castle in case the bridge is unlocked.

in this map, Fenreirย will be already equipped with his Arcane blade.

Anri-avtr.png

Battle quote 1(if attacked): "Such pride in those eyes of yours. Let us see if it can matchย your strength."

Battle quote 2(if attacking first): "Allow me to show you the power of the Arcane blade."

Death quote: "So this is where i fall...Serenia...i've failed you..."

ย 

that's all for now.

Crap, I never considered how mentions of the Fire Emblem series in the actual game would be handled.

@Josh, Nightingale of Sacae How do you think we should handle those?