Serenes Forest Emblem Boss User Recruitment

Von Ithipathachai

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

For making GBA-style portraits?  I'm not aware of any sprite editing software for Android.

Darn it.

it would probably be faster if you just pick a portrait from a FE GBA title and let someone else do a palette swap.

by the way @Von Ithipathachai is it possible to have a list of all current characters sprites? i'm curious about the cast we got so far from both sides.

5 minutes ago, Fenreir said:

it would probably be faster if you just pick a portrait from a FE GBA title and let someone else do a palette swap.

by the way @Von Ithipathachai is it possible to have a list of all current characters sprites? i'm curious about the cast we got so far from both sides.

The character roster spreadsheet in the OP should have a field for who has portraits right now and who doesn't.  But I guess I could try making a Google Doc compiling everybody's portraits so far.

4 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

Hugh from FE6, but evil. Also, lavender hair. 😜

I'll see what I can do.

"But evil" is really vague, though.  Best I can think of right now is Hugh with darker clothing and maybe a grin.

1 minute ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

The character roster spreadsheet in the OP should have a field for who has portraits right now and who doesn't.  But I guess I could try making a Google Doc compiling everybody's portraits so far.

my bad, i should have wrote it in another way: i wanted to actually see all the current sprites. a "visual list", so to say.

it doesn't need to be a Google Doc file, you can post them here if you want to.

11 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

Hugh from FE6, but evil. Also, lavender hair. 😜

...i'll see what i can do.

For pixel art, I use Piskel, which is a free and simple to use editor meant for creating sprites. You can work with it online or download the app for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Before Piskel I would simply use Microsoft Paint to work on sprites. (I have no real artistic talent, so attempting to comprehend Photoshop or GIMP is out of my league.)

Also, if you don't want to be a simple palette swap of an existing character, you can try "splicing" features together from different sprites. For example, mine uses Fado's face, Duessel's armor, and an edited version of Erk's hair. It is a bit more involved, but it does allow for some more creative freedom when one cannot make GBA portraits from scratch.

Link: https://www.piskelapp.com/

Edited by Sire

and here we go:

- base model

MeFE2.thumb.png.0d107e3bd5b8edc8cede6ec9

- default | "villain" version

kon.png     evilkon.png

should be fine, i guess.

51 minutes ago, Sire said:

(I have no real artistic talent, so attempting to comprehend Photoshop or GIMP is out of my league.)

there's also other softwares such as ImageReady that allows you to create animated gifs from sprites too.

it's a shame that this forum board has a "forced crop" on profile picture resolution, since it makes sprites visually worse. i would have animated my avatar right away if it could have kept its original size.

This is pretty great. Thanks! I was thinking I could use it as a baseline, and do some personalization myself.

Update:

EvilJames (1).png

Edited by KnightOfNohr

So, I had this idea about the setting. Basically, practice of Dark Magic is banned in some parts of Serenia, and heavily monitored in others. This is primarily due to an ancient category of spell, that can transform the dead into a lifeless monster...

NECROPOSTING!

Boss recruitment has been open for about a month now. I have a feeling the current roster may be the best Serenes Emblem is going to get, so perhaps it may be time to start locking stuff down and proceed to the next phase (whatever that may be)?

7 hours ago, Josh, Nightingale of Sacae said:

Indeed, we can possibly fill the rest of the chapters with monster bosses and recurring characters. 

and i just customized an undead monster sprite, 'cause i felt like doing so:

bot1.png

could eventually be used for "necroposting" related concepts.

10 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

We ought to have a map where you have to ban bots who advertise the ketogenic diet.

A map with scam ads like the ones I was having issues with a few months back would also be an interesting idea.

On 7/2/2019 at 1:57 PM, Espurrhoodie said:

Time to find image editing software that works on Android.

This is probably coming a bit late but Ibis Paint, is on android and it's what I used for my recolour. It's pretty good, as you can import and edit images. 

Also could anybody PM me the discord link if possible. 

Edited by Pengaius

On 7/10/2019 at 3:57 AM, Espurrhoodie said:

A map with scam ads like the ones I was having issues with a few months back would also be an interesting idea.

even trolls could work fine as bosses. such as:

sm.png

» true form

smx.png

whoever guesses who it is, will get +10 internet points.

On 7/13/2019 at 9:52 AM, Fenreir said:

even trolls could work fine as bosses. such as:

sm.png

» true form

smx.png

whoever guesses who it is, will get +10 internet points.

VICETOLUCT? No I'm kidding. But given the fact he always comes to mind when we talk of trolls on Serenes... or Hobbits... or racism... or getting banned...

That said, I think it'd be best we didn't acknowledge him given the post that got him banned.

3 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

VICETOLUCT? No I'm kidding. But given the fact he always comes to mind when we talk of trolls on Serenes... or Hobbits... or racism... or getting banned...

That said, I think it'd be best we didn't acknowledge him given the post that got him banned.

it's not that guy. it's from a most recent "era".

if you check some current users avatars, especially those known to be hostile, you can easily guess who's the sprite about.

Edited by Fenreir

8 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Do I want to know who Vicetoluct is?

1 hour ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Do I want to know who Vicetoluct is?

Guy who used to make "x is a rip-off of y" or "top 10 x" threads all the while delibrately calling things the wrong name (Fire Emblem the Binding of Isaac instead of Binding Blade, Three Stooges instead of Three Houses etc). Ended up getting banned by Integrity after his "top 10 fictional races that need to be added in Fire Emblem the Three Stooges" (I had to double check the thread's name because I mostly remember it for the reason he was banned) thread because his number 1 fictional race was "jews" for reasons that could have came out of a budget knock-off of mein kampf. I say budget because it lacks the historical relevance.

2 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Guy who used to make "x is a rip-off of y" or "top 10 x" threads all the while delibrately calling things the wrong name (Fire Emblem the Binding of Isaac instead of Binding Blade, Three Stooges instead of Three Houses etc). Ended up getting banned by Integrity after his "top 10 fictional races that need to be added in Fire Emblem the Three Stooges" (I had to double check the thread's name because I mostly remember it for the reason he was banned) thread because his number 1 fictional race was "jews" for reasons that could have came out of a budget knock-off of mein kampf. I say budget because it lacks the historical relevance.

Oh.

That explains why he got banned.

1 minute ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Oh.

That explains why he got banned.

Yeah. Hence why he's the first person I think of when trolls are mentioned on the site. Even if I used to get some amusement out of his threads before he went and crossed the fatal line. I mean, random idiocy and general nonsense is all well and good.. but he did a good job of justifying his ban.

2 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Yeah. Hence why he's the first person I think of when trolls are mentioned on the site. Even if I used to get some amusement out of his threads before he went and crossed the fatal line. I mean, random idiocy and general nonsense is all well and good.. but he did a good job of justifying his ban.

Yeah.