E3 Three Houses (Nintendo Direct) Info Thread

3 minutes ago, timon said:

Just noticed something while rewatching...

lfhQGDO.jpg

WHY IS IT NOT AN AXE?

On another note, someone steps over ol'Flamy's mask, I think he's going to be the early antagonist (while you're at school) and nothing more.
Then again I don't think we're leaving school too early, or at least we'll use the building again, would be stupid to develop all that stuff to only use it in the first part (which appears to be fairly short? It looks like most of the game is post skip)

Is-- is that my pfp haha?

Yeah, it should totally have been an axe. It might still be though? I don't think we saw it in it's entirety. Maybe she has more than one weapon?

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still find it odd that in all of the trailers so far, there is more of a focus on the cutscenes and interaction. Most of the gameplay information that we know about comes from the Famitsu articles. With the game coming out a month from now I wonder what will happen.

I'm still - and I always will be - one of those people who will not trust the leak.  And I will keep my expectations in check.

I kinda would've preferred if they stuck to their guns and tried to make something of the initial setting... but I will remain ever open to things.

9 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I hate to break it to you but FE has a long history of being tragic. *cough Battle of Belhalla cough*

Hey, the more like Genealogy it is, the better.

I'm just hoping it isn't like certain other FE stories that also attempted grim/dark stories.  Not just referring to Conquest, btw, other FE games have attempted it.

6 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Well overall Nintendo won E3 by a avalanche!!!!!

I'd say that they "won" by default simply due to them having news about a game I want to hear about in the first place.

All the other conferences were just kinda... lame.  Nintendo had some absolute bangers while everyone was grilling with dead rats.

1 minute ago, Etrurian emperor said:

But with two Smash characters, a BOTW sequel, Fire Emblem and more I'd say Nintendo would have won by an avalanche if the rest brought their A game too. 

... man, maybe I actually should watch trailers and Nintendo Directs instead of just reading what everyone's saying about them.

Just now, redlight said:

It's a 5 year time skip

Goddammit, my 4 year-old daughter will fight by my side in a gruesome and bloody war or she will get timeout!

"Both sides of time are revealed to you."

Surprised no one seems to be talking about this line from Sothis. Makes it sound less like a timeskip and more like we'll be playing two sides of time together.

4 minutes ago, Arvin said:

What is Edelgard wearing? Is that crown or demonic horns like the ones you see on animes?

I think that's a crown. Now I remember another royal character with silver hair, violet eyes and dragon symbolism...

1 minute ago, Florete said:

Surprised no one seems to be talking about this line from Sothis. Makes it sound less like a timeskip and more like we'll be playing two sides of time together.

I dunno. I think Thani would have mentioned that. It seems like a pretty important piece of info

1 hour ago, redlight said:

Thani did say she made up some stuff, but so far she managed to preemptively reveal the names of unrevealed characters at the time.

Leaks were real

I just saw the direct...

I stand corrected. The timeskip is true!

1 minute ago, Florete said:

I don't think anyone was paying attention because everyone's shocked by the trailer itself, LOL.

So just did a quick analysis, picking up some main details (I'll let others do the full in-depth one), but I want to show a few things.

Spoiler

YqVVhSq.png

It appears all the main characters get a new weapon after the time skip. Dimitri's looks like bone or something, but the main attraction is the stone in the middle. It looks like the stone we saw in the Feb Direct, but it appears to have Dimitri's Crest, or the Crest of Blaiddyd.

Spoiler

crest-stone-300x169.jpgt24Ncg8.jpg

Next we have Claude.

Spoiler

hdc2FRR.pngvhRkiFb.png

Claude's Bow also appears to be made of bone and contains a Crest Stone, most likely the Crest of Riegan.

Spoiler

gBc0pwe.png

Edelgard gets a different weapon. Its an ornate sword, reminds me of the Beloved Zofia. This sword bears the Crest of Seiros, which makes sense for Edelgard, but why is the sword not made of Bone like the others? Maybe she also has an axe?

And could her sword be the same that Seiros is using in her fight with Nemesis(?)?

Spoiler

GhvgxZR.pngkJD5VfV.pngMXCIaNC.png

And is this the same sword that Catherine wields?

So if we take the leaks as true, then the most important universal character to all routes would be Sothis. Who is S-supportable. Which would make the child-looking dragon the Azura of the game in terms of romantic implications. 

Nice to know that IS's reaction to people not being sure about the young looking dragons is "**** you, you will have this dragon and you will like it."

Edited by Onestep

As far as trailers go, I found this one to be pretty interesting. The idea of watching the relationships between the three houses deteriorate over an actual period to time in which circumstances change rather than some spur of the moment plot drama is genius, and while I'm keeping my expectations in check (we do live in a post-Fates world after all) I'm eager to see it unfold.

so, timeskip

veeeeeery deep breath

i haven't read any leak, but i STRONGLY hope this does NOT mean child units

i dont care if it's only 5 years, fates clearly doesn't give a damn about the passing of time, also it's IntSys anyway so i'm not trusting it

i just want child units NOT to be in the game

btw claude looks amazing

Edited by Yexin

11 minutes ago, Lord_Grima said:

So just did a quick analysis, picking up some main details (I'll let others do the full in-depth one), but I want to show a few things.

Reveal hidden contents

YqVVhSq.png

It appears all the main characters get a new weapon after the time skip. Dimitri's looks like bone or something, but the main attraction is the stone in the middle. It looks like the stone we saw in the Feb Direct, but it appears to have Dimitri's Crest, or the Crest of Blaiddyd.

Reveal hidden contents

crest-stone-300x169.jpgt24Ncg8.jpg

Next we have Claude.

Reveal hidden contents

hdc2FRR.pngvhRkiFb.png

Claude's Bow also appears to be made of bone and contains a Crest Stone, most likely the Crest of Riegan.

Reveal hidden contents

gBc0pwe.png

Edelgard gets a different weapon. Its an ornate sword, reminds me of the Beloved Zofia. This sword bears the Crest of Seiros, which makes sense for Edelgard, but why is the sword not made of Bone like the others? Maybe she also has an axe?

And could her sword be the same that Seiros is using in her fight with Nemesis(?)?

Reveal hidden contents

And is this the same sword that Catherine wields?

Nice analysis! But I think that Edelgard is going to get a bone axe aswell as a sword whic used to be seirose's.

Because we need to have Edel and Byleth fight, just like Seiros and Nemesis

3 minutes ago, Onestep said:

So if we take the leaks as true, then the most important universal character to all routes would be Sothis. Who is S-supportable. Which would make the child-looking dragon the Azura of the game in terms of romantic implications. 

Nice to know that IS's reaction to people not being sure about the young looking dragons is "**** you, you will have this dragon and you will like it."

At least she doesn't act like a child this time. But doing worse than Nono was impossible, so that doesn't means much.

Though fates didn't let you date the loli dragon (just because she was a fish), but let you date your underage sister, which is way, way worse.

So compared to the three most recent games, it's actually an improvement.

3 minutes ago, Yexin said:

so, timeskip

i haven't read any leak, but i STRONGLY hope this does NOT mean child units

i dont care if it's only 5 years, fates clearly doesn't give a damn about the passing of time, also it's IntSys anyway so i'm not trusting it

i just want child units NOT to be in the game

Especially with Time travel being a thing. In genenalogy it makes sense. I think it would derail the story too much, and lessens the effect here.

At least it can't break the story more than Fates that let you date your siblings (but you're not blood related, so that's OK ! Its not making this messy plot even more of a mess,,and making it even worse. urghh...)

7 minutes ago, Lord_Grima said:

Hide contents

Definitely the same sword, and the other guy has Byleth's sword, and IIRC he also has his crest on the cape, which kind of gives away that they're probably related in some way (maybe in the same way that Seiros could be related to Edelgard?). Theory (thani spoilers):

Spoiler

The fourth route is all-out Byleth against Edelgard, thus the bloodshed. Reinforced by the scene of Edelgard with the sword (they seem tired and sad, likely fighting). Also I'm quite sure Jeralt is not actually our father, either that or he is disguised, as Byleth is probably supposed to be an enemy of Seiros (and consequently Knights and Church).

24 minutes ago, Florete said:

Watch the events of the time skip be a premonition of what will come if Byleth doesn't do something in the present time.

1 hour ago, ColdHeartAndASummerDream said:

Also, Tara Platt is Edelgard(I checked the trailer again. I can recognize my girl Mitsuru anywhere. HELL YES).

I'm so excited, Tara Platt as Edelgard? I could not want any more

Uh, Cristina Vee mentioned last year she was Edelgard. Unless I'm missing something?